•  

Tyre Lugs

Waqas Parvez

I Finished my regular mid-day offroad drive and felt a bit of steering play, the next day it started to increase a bit, I went to Dobinson (as I had modified my suspension from them) and they suggested it might be coming from steering rack, I went to my local garage and while just approaching the garage my front wheel came off. (My front brakes got damaged ), luckily it was not on high speed otherwise it would have been a disaster.

I got my tyres balanced by one of the renowned tyre shops four days ago, when we inspected the car, we saw that the lug nut threads had completely worn off because the tyre shop had overtightened them, and as a result of the heat, they had completely melted on to the studs.

I would like to highlight below point.

·       Increase of steering vibration the first thing to check is your tyre lug nuts.

·       Make sure you are vigilant when your getting your tyre lug nuts fixed.

·       Inspect your lugs threads when ever you change your tyres.

·       In case of excessive vibration, “Do not drive your car”

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

It happened to me back in the UK,  mysteriously all the nuts came off. We were on the M1 motorway at 100 miles/hour and luckily the tyre didn’t come off, else would have been a major disaster! Only a few days before the car went through a major service and MOT.

9D39F50B-39FB-4DBF-A3ED-5D1951B5DC3B.jpeg

01F6CC08-5A3D-42B1-9B4F-EA9201B0B179.jpeg

Edited by Karthik Raptor
  • Confused (0) 1
  • Sad (0) 1
  • WOW (+2) 5

1 hour ago, Karthik Raptor said:

It happened to me back in the UK,  mysteriously all the nuts came off. We were on the M1 motorway at 100 miles/hour and luckily the tyre didn’t come off, else would have been a major disaster! Only a few days before the car went through a major service and MOT.

9D39F50B-39FB-4DBF-A3ED-5D1951B5DC3B.jpeg

01F6CC08-5A3D-42B1-9B4F-EA9201B0B179.jpeg

This is scary stuff really 

1 hour ago, Waqas Parvez said:

I Finished my regular mid-day offroad drive and felt a bit of steering play, the next day it started to increase a bit, I went to Dobinson (as I had modified my suspension from them) and they suggested it might be coming from steering rack, I went to my local garage and while just approaching the garage my front wheel came off. (My front brakes got damaged ), luckily it was not on high speed otherwise it would have been a disaster.

I got my tyres balanced by one of the renowned tyre shops four days ago, when we inspected the car, we saw that the lug nut threads had completely worn off because the tyre shop had overtightened them, and as a result of the heat, they had completely melted on to the studs.

I would like to highlight below point.

·       Increase of steering vibration the first thing to check is your tyre lug nuts.

·       Make sure you are vigilant when your getting your tyre lug nuts fixed.

·       Inspect your lugs threads when ever you change your tyres.

·       In case of excessive vibration, “Do not drive your car”

Sorry to read that . Thank God you are ok after all … reminds me of something long back in Amman after fixing my car post roll over , while I was completely stationary on signal red and once on gear one to move the front left came out and rolled on the road 😅 luckily me and every one around realized 

• WOW (+2) 2

35 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

That doesn't applies to Jeeps and especially XJs..

Especially above 60 and below  80 km/hr 😉

• Haha (+1) 4

6 hours ago, M.Seidam said:

Not all Toyota and definitely not all Nissan especially X 🤣😄

Just like all electronics from the 90s in Indian households, if Super Safari is vibrating too much, hit something really hard and everything will fall back into place.

9 hours ago, Vaibhav said:

Even JL’s no issue.

If “no issue”, please check if you’re not still in bed.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

5 minutes ago, munkybizness said:

Just like all electronics from the 90s in Indian households, if Super Safari is vibrating too much, hit something really hard and everything will fall back into place.

If “no issue”, please check if you’re not still in bed.

Bro long time no see and no hear! 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

11 minutes ago, Vaibhav said:

Bro long time no see and no hear! 

I know bro! Crazy work travel routines. Haven’t gotten two consecutive weekends in Dubai in five months. Hopefully in 2023 😂

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use