•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Qudra - Dubai - 26 Nov 2022

Islam Soliman

Dear Team, 

Apology for last minute drop, I was hoping that I might get in by last day and today I had to confirm my work shift for night.

Please excuse me and hoping to join you on the next drive. Once again apologies for the walk out. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Thank you @Islam Soliman I’m surprised with such a WL to be going, looking forward to seeing you all on the sand in the morning. 

• Like (+1) 1

Another successful morning newbie drive complete, I love that no two drives are the same and this morning’s adventure was no different with lots of refusals and stucks.

The drive started with beautiful weather and sub 20c temperature, an excellent and detailed briefing as always by @Islam Soliman including toy car and miniature dune demonstrations, this is really affective in understanding what’s going on during fishtailing.

The sand had an adventure in store for us, arm workouts were provided  courtesy of multiple shovel times, and a reminder from our leader to us my arms not back,  thanks @Islam Soliman

I had one refusal in a very soft sand patch, as soon as I entered the gladiator sunk quick, as the convoy ahead was dealing with a tricky sections. I tried to crawl forward but that was not going to happen, followed by an attempt to reverse while in 4Hi but this just out me a little deeper.

Jeeps have a gear box that has 2WD, 4Hi Auto, 4Hi Part time and 4 Wheel low.

Before going to 4 Lo, I thought I would try 4 wheel part time which locks the front and rear driver shafts in unison, with a little gas, steering left and right in reverse I was out of the situation relatively quickly, ready to find a way round that particular soft patch.

I had one more refusal that just required a reverse and re attempt. Feel like I'm getting the hang of what my car and the sand is telling me about the way it handles

The remainder of the drive was a masterclass in observing how to recover vehicles, clear radio instructions, patience and teamwork.

Thanks @Looper @Joseph Sebastian and the rest of the for a fun morning.

P.S. I got some 360 camera video that i will be posting at some point when I have the time to review it.

Edited by Gary F
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

great narrative of the drive@Gary F added to your great driving skills and team spirit.. I can for sure see where your young man is getting his.. 👏👏

a very important part of developing the Offroading skills is that synergy! you and your car blending to be ONE.. the more you understand her and she understands you the better and pleasant that marriage will be. 

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks at @Islam Solimanfor the solid lead today. And thank you to the support members for your experience and patience when dealing with situations as they arise. 

Again thank you @Islam Solimanfor noticing that my tyre pressures were too high when I had a refusal and the guidance you provided when getting me out. (Turns out the tyre pressure gauge I was using was faulty, luckily I had a couple of spares) 

All in all, the weather was great, if not a little chilly this morning for shorts & flip flops 🤪. The drive was great, many refusals but it’s these experiences that make us better at what we do and what we want to achieve.

All the best guys have a great weekend. See you next week on our journey to Yellow Truck. 

401858E9-7C52-4FB6-8967-3ABF6791EC1F.jpeg.a81009595fb32f6302708c1affcceb83.jpeg

• Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use