•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Faqa - Dubai - 26 Nov 2022

JeromeFJ

1 hour ago, MMansoor said:

@JeromeFJ unfortunately I will have to drop out, my engine was rebuilt last week my mechanic advised me yesterday to run the car for 1000K and do oil change before taking it to the desert.

I will miss this drive and the convey, hope i will join next time.

Bro, i am out LOL cause, i need to do engine break inn 

Man your car project has taken really long. Hope your mechanic has it sorted this time. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MMansoor said:

@JeromeFJ unfortunately I will have to drop out, my engine was rebuilt last week my mechanic advised me yesterday to run the car for 1000K and do oil change before taking it to the desert.

I will miss this drive and the convey, hope i will join next time.

Even after doing the 1000 km, jumping straight into an IM drive is highly unadvisable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

1 hour ago, ASAD. said:

Man your car project has taken really long. Hope your mechanic has it sorted this time. 

True, but finally done. But now time to break in. I am missing the desert :sad:

25 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

Even after doing the 1000 km, jumping straight into an IM drive is highly unadvisable.

Oooo nooo 

• Like (+1) 1

Dear All

@Joji varghese @Rajiv Sam @Chris Wing @Sunil Mathew @Rob S @ASAD. @Waqas Parvez @Senthil Kumar @Gok Krish @Vaibhav

Final call for tomorrow

Meeting at 6:30 am at  https://goo.gl/maps/WbWFK5iwurzey1dF8

The convoy order will be 

image.png.0554dd090a1406bc6d2dd06dc41d7e0a.png

We will use Radio Channel 4

Enjoy the evening, take as much sleep as you can, and see you in the morning !

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Senthil Kumar said:

Unfortunately I have to travel out, i may not able to make it, hope u all can enjoy 

@Senthil Kumar, honestly, I doubt that an important necessity to travel showed up suddenly between 6pm and now 9:30 pm. This is really not fair for the 2 members in WL who where excluded from the drive.

• Like (+1) 2

Dear Friends, 

It was a pleasure to drive with you this morning. Faqa proved one more time to be a beautiful area, with lots of possibilities. I think we made the most of it, with the technical part at the beginning, and these amazing long ridges parallel to each others.  The beauty of an homogeneous IM convoy as we had today, is that as a lead I can just do whatever I like, go check that dune, go look at this bowl, let's see how long we can take the ridge .... and the convoy follows :)

Ok in a few occasions, I could not climb a slip face, or I was trapped in a soft pocket, we had also a few stucks and refusals,  but we had a great experience. and when I finally got crested, it was a sign that it was time to exit.

Excellent driving from all of you, especially from the middle of the convoy to the back, were the sharp ridges where rounded, but the sand much churned.

Many thanks @Joji varghese for an excellent 2nd lead, you were concentrated with excellent reactions when needed. Thank you @Vaibhav for watching the back of the convoy as sweep, with nice comms as usual, @Rob S @Waqas Parvez and @Rajiv Sam for the support, and all of you for helping the recoveries when needed. @ASAD., I hope your tire will be repaired or replaced without too much hassle and @Vaibhav your electronics back in order.

Enjoy the weekend, and see you in Liwa YT for who are participating !

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 5

On 11/26/2022 at 4:29 PM, JeromeFJ said:

Dear Friends, 

It was a pleasure to drive with you this morning. Faqa proved one more time to be a beautiful area, with lots of possibilities. I think we made the most of it, with the technical part at the beginning, and these amazing long ridges parallel to each others.  The beauty of an homogeneous IM convoy as we had today, is that as a lead I can just do whatever I like, go check that dune, go look at this bowl, let's see how long we can take the ridge .... and the convoy follows :)

Ok in a few occasions, I could not climb a slip face, or I was trapped in a soft pocket, we had also a few stucks and refusals,  but we had a great experience. and when I finally got crested, it was a sign that it was time to exit.

Excellent driving from all of you, especially from the middle of the convoy to the back, were the sharp ridges where rounded, but the sand much churned.

Many thanks @Joji varghese for an excellent 2nd lead, you were concentrated with excellent reactions when needed. Thank you @Vaibhav for watching the back of the convoy as sweep, with nice comms as usual, @Rob S @Waqas Parvez and @Rajiv Sam for the support, and all of you for helping the recoveries when needed. @ASAD., I hope your tire will be repaired or replaced without too much hassle and @Vaibhav your electronics back in order.

Enjoy the weekend, and see you in Liwa YT for who are participating !

Thanks again for the wonderful morning drive @JeromeFJ.  The rest of the gang was spectacular as expected from a strong convoy, a bit of an issue with my tire but thanks to the team again we had the spare one on in no time. 

Thought will give some feedback on the issue of my rear tire. The tire beads were completely destroyed so had to change it completely. I had the other rear tire taken off as well as i wanted to put the new tires at the rear and though the tire was fine for use its beads had similar but lesser wear. The root cause ofcourse is the beadgrip wheels that i have, how and why does it have this impact on the tires i am yet to understand but they surely do impact the tires life, somone i know who also had a similar experience said the geolanders are too soft for these type of wheels, they need more rugged tires with thicker walls. Either way I think ive been quite vocal in one of the other discussions about the beadgrips and my love/ hate relationship with them since i bought. Just another word of caution for those who are looking to buy one of those, u are better off learning to drive at reduced tire pressures or getting standard offroad wheels if its just for the looks. 

A96FC0D1-898E-4FCD-B667-CC610860E344.jpeg

7AB85026-FDD6-4D1F-9DD7-53175BF83F86.jpeg

• Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks @ASAD. for the feedback... after reading this, i am less inclined to change my stock rims :) 

did you manage to get a warranty replacement? or is this viewed as non recommended set up by Yokohama dealer?

how long have you had these tyres on the beadgrip rims?

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use