•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Faqa - Dubai - 26 Nov 2022

JeromeFJ

50 minutes ago, Sunil Mathew said:

Thanks @ASAD. for the feedback... after reading this, i am less inclined to change my stock rims :) 

did you manage to get a warranty replacement? or is this viewed as non recommended set up by Yokohama dealer?

how long have you had these tyres on the beadgrip rims?

The dealer has sent the damaged tire to yokohama for warranty claim, i am yet to receive a feedback. I have used it for about 7 months now, obviously i tried to pin it on the dealer that its the issue with the tire so lets see how it goes. But ive seen this a general issue with the beadgrips, like i said u may want to upgrade wheels for other reasons looks, offset etc. but believe me pop-outs are way easier to fix on non-beadgrip wheels 😊 

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

55 minutes ago, ASAD. said:

The dealer has sent the damaged tire to yokohama for warranty claim, i am yet to receive a feedback. I have used it for about 7 months now, obviously i tried to pin it on the dealer that its the issue with the tire so lets see how it goes. But ive seen this a general issue with the beadgrips, like i said u may want to upgrade wheels for other reasons looks, offset etc. but believe me pop-outs are way easier to fix on non-beadgrip wheels 😊 

@ASAD. sorry to hear you are having so many issues with your bead grip tyres. As you know, I have identical rims and have been really pleased with them. @Rob S and @Karthik Raptor are equally as pleased with them I believe. Rob is running with Geolanders, whereas I am running with Coopers and Karthik is running with BF's. So could very well be down to the set of geolanders you got.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Tom B said:

@ASAD. sorry to hear you are having so many issues with your bead grip tyres. As you know, I have identical rims and have been really pleased with them. @Rob S and @Karthik Raptor are equally as pleased with them I believe. Rob is running with Geolanders, whereas I am running with Coopers and Karthik is running with BF's. So could very well be down to the set of geolanders you got.

I switched to bead grips after a couple of pop-outs, and touch wood there hasn't been anymore pop-outs since then. I ran even on 6 PSI at some point during Liwa crossing earlier this year with no issues. I am happy with them so far, and I changed all the four tyres recently with no sign of wear & tear due to bead grips. So @ASAD., it could be an one-off case and pin it to the dealer to get your warranty claim sorted 👍.

It's true to sort pop-outs easily on non bead grip/bead lock tyres (which I think is impossible), but I would just change to my spare tyre (that I have moved into my truck bed for easy access) and exit as quickly as I can.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, ASAD. said:

I remember you had air leakage on RR tire one of the drive that I was behind you, it would have been a popout if not for the beadgrip rim.

My pathfinder has similar weight and output to Prado, I run G015 on stock rim between 8-10 psi with no single pop out for a year already, even tho one of tire pressure sensor broke due to aggressive driving style.  A flawed batch could be most probably cause.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks again everyone for the well wishes

@Tom B @Karthik Raptor you guys are absolutely right, it could just be a bad batch and my luck that ive been having one issue after the other. I think part of my frustration is due to the fact that i used to think the beadgrips will be worryfree. They do have some advantages no doubt bt for me atleast I feel the disadvantages outweigh them if all you are looking for is not to have a popout (that risk can anyway be reduced with better driving skills). For example not be able to fix a popout if you have one is also considerable disadvantage. 
Like i said my love/ hate relationship with these wheels will probably continue as i dont intend to spend more money on changing them anytime soon 😄.
However for those who are looking to get new wheels beadgips, beadlocks, standard offset etc. be sure to understand the pros & cons that come with any of them. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Zixuan Huang - Charlie said:

I remember you had air leakage on RR tire one of the drive that I was behind you, it would have been a popout if not for the beadgrip rim.

My pathfinder has similar weight and output to Prado, I run G015 on stock rim between 8-10 psi with no single pop out for a year already, even tho one of tire pressure sensor broke due to aggressive driving style.  A flawed batch could be most probably cause.

Yep i remember. The wheels avoided the popout sure but sand went inbetween and the tire kept leaking. When i finished the drive went straight to a tire shop and had the tire taken off and clean the wheel. And thats another issue, if sand does somehow manage to get in it settles in between the grooves that causes leakage at low pressures. Also not all tire shops have experience dealing with beadgrips, if they are not careful while debeading the tire and try forcing with the machine they can again potentially damage the tire. 

Important Information

Terms of use