•  

Full Day Fewbie Desert Drive - Liwa Yellow Truck - Abu Dhabi - 01 Dec 2022

Chaitanya D

Dear friends 

Manage

Camping partners - BUT NOT on this drive - @Gok Krish, @Haitham Khattab, who else?

Please get prepped - with a day available for the same.

1. Ensure your car is well checked, all fluids topped up, no leaks 

2. All 4 tires and Spare tire in condition , spanner available for the lug nuts and not jammed

3. Front and Rear tow hooks available, in condition and not rusted

4. Bring along two radios if you have, or a spare battery / car charger as you might need it

5. Bring in lots of patience and team work

6. Ensure all the stuff in your boot is tied down and strapped securely

7. Less or No passengers advisable as there are no near exits , in case if passenger is sick or unable to cope with the terrain. Make sure they are belted all the time . 

8. Bring all the recovery gears you have in terms of soft shackles, D shackles, Tug/kinetic ropes, straps etc.

9. Dry food, Water (5L) and snacks accordingly .

10. As much as possible - PLAN and PACK Light. Liwa needs the right weight on your car, even though a fewbie drive - every extra gram on your car matters.

NO 100 Liters of FUEL = NO DRIVE - Carry additional jerry cans accordingly

• SWB Cars = 2 Jerry can of extra fuel
  • LWB Cars = 1 Jerry can of extra fuel
  • 100+ liter fuel tank cars = No need for extra fuel.
  • Last Fuel Station: https://goo.gl/maps/D6t1rXkuecZScyPZ9

Myself and support members will check for this and other required gears , safe securing of your stuff in the trunk mandatorily. 

With some strong and experienced members signing up on this drive - expect it to be a cracker of a drive and I am looking forward to it .

Convoy list , radio channel and other details soon.

My number if you wish to ask anything is 0529970964.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Chaitanya D is exit point (planned) close to starting point? Plan to camp on 1st night and many who are driving on 2nd plan to camp close to starting point on 1st as well .. so just checking to see if better to align with other group or if too far than in any case will plan differently. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, varunmehndiratta said:

@Chaitanya D is exit point (planned) close to starting point? Plan to camp on 1st night and many who are driving on 2nd plan to camp close to starting point on 1st as well .. so just checking to see if better to align with other group or if too far than in any case will plan differently. 

Hi Varun

approx 20-25 km away

but once on tarmac u can always drive back in 30 min 

• Like (+1) 3

Good evening Chaitanya, we (my wife and I) may come tomorrow evening and camp (to avoid the risk of 80km/hr in the morning with the fog). Can you share the coordinate for the camping location where you will be camping if that's ok to join you (I don't know the area).

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Pascal said:

Good evening Chaitanya, we (my wife and I) may come tomorrow evening and camp (to avoid the risk of 80km/hr in the morning with the fog). Can you share the coordinate for the camping location where you will be camping if that's ok to join you (I don't know the area).

Hi Pascal

camping will be close to the starting point 

I will be coming there after I finish work which might be well beyond dark. Some others might as well come there earlier - if u can coordinate here,   leave your numbers then we can get in touch

call me once u reach then I can plan out or let u know accordingly as the situation turns out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chaitanya D said:

Hi Pascal

I will be coming there after I finish work which might be well beyond dark. Some others might as well come there earlier - if u can coordinate here,   leave your numbers then we can get in touch

call me once u reach then I can plan out or let u know accordingly as the situation turns out.

Hello, we will also arrive after night, most likely around 19:30. My number: 050 449 3992

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chaitanya D said:

Hi Pascal

Hi Doc, Sri has shared the starting point camping option in the NB thread, just in case that’s the same location you plan to use - might be good to share here. Not sharing as not sure about the plans and don’t want to confuse the group. 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use