•  

Full Day Intermediate Desert Drive - Liwa Yellow Truck - Abu Dhabi - 01 Dec 2022

JeromeFJ

Vine, vidi, vici!

First and foremost, a big thank you to @Carnity for organizing the drive, the wait was worth it not just because of the scenic drive, but because of the opportunity to spend a great time with everyone  attending the different drive levels.

@JeromeFJ thank you for leading us safely from start to end, and for the ready advice throughout the drive.  The terrain was challenging but we managed to complete the route. Thanks to @Rob S for being always ready to support and to @Haitham Khattab for a superb second-lead.

It was great to drive along with @Tom B, @Sunil Mathew, @Santoso Marjuki, @Imteeaz and @Gok Krish even for a while before he had to exit the drive, I sincerely hope your car gets repaired.

I've left a few pictures I managed to take during the drive, hope you all like them.

Until we meet again, stay safe and have a great week ahead.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

FINALLY

@JeromeFJ @Haitham Khattab  @Sunil Mathew @Rob S @Tom B @Santoso Marjuki @Gok Krish @Mario Cornejo

Thank you for making this day a memorable one for me.

I started driving at 03 45 and stopped driving at 23 45 - sure this drive did take a toll on my body.

However, the excitement and adrenaline rush of driving in Liwa was too tempting; last year I was not experienced enough to take on this challenge.

Our Lead @JeromeFJ  - difficult to put into words how you have lead us through this super soft terrain - you were taking all the risks while we were patiently following your tracks.

@Haitham Khattab  challenging start to the morning to get the seat belt etc sorted out - I was happy to see Ibrahim enjoying this drive - I am sure he had lots to tell his friends at school.

@Sunil Mathew  you master the Fortuner like a pro mate!

@Rob S  well what will we do without our anchor point?  you were always the first one to jump out of the car to go (and run) to help Jerome (as he was the only one that got stuck...)

@Tom B  amazing drive mate - love to hear the exhaust popping on this V8

@Santoso Marjuki  i dont know what you did to your Jeep - it is simply a beast - i was fortunate to drive behind you.

@Mario Cornejo  the SWB Y61 is simply impressive - your skills could not be matched during the drive

@Gok Krish  sad that you had to leave us early - but was happy to catch up again at the camp site after the drive to watch football.  Looking forward to see you in the sand in your old/new toy

I was quite fortunate to be able to meet with @Gaurav Soni @Srikumar @Frederic and the other members to enjoy a bit of football after the drive prior to hitting the road again to Dubai.

Until next time, enjoy your upcoming weekend.

Cheers

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! 

Sorry for the delay in my comments! I had busy couple of weeks after the YT but after last year's filled attempt at newbie level, I returned as intermediate to conquer the YT!

Everyone drove well, and thanks to @JeromeFJ to lead us on the journey! 

Great to meet some new Abu Dhabi faces aswell! 

@Sunil Mathew photos finally added to the gallery!

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use