•  

Full Day Intermediate Desert Drive - Liwa Yellow Truck - Abu Dhabi - 01 Dec 2022

JeromeFJ

17 minutes ago, JeromeFJ said:

Dear Desert Divers, 

@Haitham Khattab @Sunil Mathew @Rob S @Tom B @Gok Krish @Santoso Marjuki @Imteeaz @Mario Cornejo

Last checks for tomorrow's drive. 

Please make sure that your vehicle is in the best conditions, that you have a spare wheel , and the tools to change it. Take all your recovery gears (rope, soft shackles, D shackles, jack, ...)

Make sur you have min 100l fuel total with you. If you need jerrycan(s) ensure they are properly strapped inside or outside the car, and take a funnel with you.

Welcome to the two last joiners @Imteeaz and @Santoso Marjuki, please make sure you read totally all the posts above, and comply with the recommendations.

Any question you can ask here or to my WhatsApp +971 5 8862 0942.

If you drive in the morning from Dubai, please make sure you allow for sufficient time to refill close to the meeting point (it might be busy) and you have a bit of rest before going into the 8h drive.

I will share later today the convoy orders, stay tuned !

Thank so much  @JeromeFJ, be part of Liwa Adventure and Super excited, then see you tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

4 minutes ago, Santoso Marjuki said:

Thank so much  @JeromeFJ, be part of Liwa Adventure and Super excited, then see you tomorrow. 

Likewise. Thoroughly looking forward to it. Departing Dubai shortly. See you all tomorrow morning. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear Friends 

Enjoy the evening, especially if you are camping. Make sure you take enough rest for tomorrow.

The proposed convoy order is below, we can adjust before the drive if needed.

image.png.e57688d20ebc03c955f8a9873af306df.png

We will decide the radio channel before the drive.

Drive safely to the meeting point, and see you tomorrow morning !

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

10 minutes ago, JeromeFJ said:

Dear Friends 

Enjoy the evening, especially if you are camping. Make sure you take enough rest for tomorrow.

The proposed convoy order is below, we can adjust before the drive if needed.

image.png.e57688d20ebc03c955f8a9873af306df.png

We will decide the radio channel before the drive.

Drive safely to the meeting point, and see you tomorrow morning !

Another battle between Toyota and Jeep tomorrow?  Which one will come out victorious?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

@JeromeFJthank you again for yesterday's drive. It's not an easy task to lead through this terrain but you did a superb job. Everyone drove flawlessly and the afternoon segment was particularly enjoyable as the convoy gelled and we were able to pick up the pace.

To experience this type of pristine, untouched environment was exactly why I took up off-roading in the first place and I look forward to more Carnity adventures in Liwa this winter.

Pics uploaded onto gallery page.

Hope everyone got back safely. I was absolutely destroyed last night when I got back!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thank you @JeromeFJ for leading us through the fantastic Liwa Drive all along till the famous Yellow Truck. This exceptional untouched Terrain with the magnificent tall dunes and very wide bowls made it all a great memorable experience for me and my little one. We enjoyed the whole experience including the camping, the adrenaline rush of those side slopes and being the second lead in this amazing terrain.
Special Thanks to @Rob S for always supporting the team, quickly stepping out to shovel or look for alternative tracks to keep us moving and to @Mario Cornejo for sweeping and actively communicating at the back despite the long distance between the convoy members.

shout out to all convoy members @Sunil Mathew, @Santoso Marjuki, @Tom B, @Imteeaz, was great driving with you, @Gok Krish, hope you had your car fixed and will join us again soon. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

2 hours ago, JeromeFJ said:

Dear Friends, 

What an amazing day it was !! These full day drives are really what we are preparing for with our "normal" drives during the year. One of these days where all what we learned and practiced become used "for real". Going deep inside the desert far from any road, power line, farm or any other sign of civilisation. Navigating through these untouched dunes, experiencing this feeling of immensity, knowing that we have to find our way by ourselves, crossing the obstacles one after the other. 

We also experienced that we were progressing as a team, knowing that we could support each other, and that together we had the capability cross this environment, find solutions to solve any difficult or blocking situation. 

And we were rewarded, of course reaching the famous yellow truck, which was the target of the day, but also these thrilling bowls of oversized dimensions, these steep slip faces, where our cars where barely leaving a scar at the surface of the sand, these amazing sceneries, discovering from the top of a ridge some dark rocky formations or a dense palm tree oasis. Thank you for your pictures in the gallery where you have captured some of these moments. 

@Haitham Khattab, big thank you for the quality of your assistance as second lead, avoiding to the situations where I was stuck, and pulling me out when needed. And in addition, beautiful driving and communicative enthusiasm from your copilot!

@Sunil Mathew, excellent driving, being careful at the beginning in the bowls, and gaining confidence through the drive. I'm sure you totally enjoyed the last ones. 

@Rob S thank you for your precious support, always ready with your shovel, and also skillfully rerouting the second part of the convoy in the tricky technical patches.

@Tom B maneuvering your heavy car in the super soft sand, and pushing it high in the bowls was a challenge, you went through with a great skill.

@Gok Krish you could enjoy the first part, and I can't imagine how frustrating it was to have to leave the convoy in the middle. Despite this you didn't loose your happy mood and big smile. And you managed your way out in a very reasonable manner. Hopefully you will have another opportunity to complete the drive very soon. 

@Santoso Marjuki, your blue jeep was passing through any obstacle and climbing any face. Keep an eye on your fishtailing for a better and safer control. 

@Imteeaz beautiful drive, always in control and accurate in your lines

@Mario Cornejo big thank you for the reliable sweep. and watching the white Patrol high in the big faces was a bliss !

It was a pleasure also to meet the other convoys of @Chaitanya D with @M.Seidam and @Asif Hussain, and to know that they could also reach the Yellow Truck and exit without major issue. @Asif Hussain, it was a pleasure to meet you, and big thank you for the assistance for exiting @Gok Krish.

Looking forward to the next full day adventure !

20221201_134744.jpg

Fantastic drive report @JeromeFJ ! I was looking for the right words to describe the terrain this morning but you brought me right back into the sand with your report ! No doubt you guys had fun and hats off for your leadership and skillset!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use