•  

Full Day Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Liwa Yellow Truck - Abu Dhabi - 02 Dec 2022

GauravSoni

12 minutes ago, GauravSoni said:

Hi @Pascal congrats on finding the spot in the drive with one of the most incredible leads…!  Are you still interested to join this drive on day 2…?

Hello Gaurav, yes, I got the spot on day 1 with Fewbie, so I will drop out from second day. Can't afford to go both days unfortunately.. I will drop out tomorrow from this drive tomorrow if that's ok with you (just in case some last minute commitment from work).

Hi guys..@Anoop Nair @Brett Eicher @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler@Gok Krish @Simon D

hope you all are ready for the most awaited drive.. please make sure your car and gear are in proper condition.

@Pascal I believe you are doing the drive tomorrow and hence I will remove your RSVP. I am sure you will enjoy the terrain.

I would be camping tomorrow night and plan to leave dubai around 2 pm..

You can connect with me on 0545564213.

• Like (+1) 4

On 11/30/2022 at 6:53 PM, GauravSoni said:

Hi guys..@Anoop Nair @Brett Eicher @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler@Gok Krish @Simon D

hope you all are ready for the most awaited drive.. please make sure your car and gear are in proper condition.

@Pascal I believe you are doing the drive tomorrow and hence I will remove your RSVP. I am sure you will enjoy the terrain.

I would be camping tomorrow night and plan to leave dubai around 2 pm..

You can connect with me on 0545564213.

Hi Gaurav, yes thank you. Sorry forgot to update to drop out on wed. I did the drive yesterday, it was fantastic, great route and magnificient sceneries, great lead from Chatanya and great support. you guys enjoy the drive today

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks Again @GauravSoni , those dunes and the super challenging technical patches - Loved everybit of it🤘🏽😎

@Brette Was great to have your surprise last minute joining, made it a majority of Jeep guys, thanks to you to beat pajeros by 3:2😂

@Brett Eicher Always impressive the way you have control over ur machine, and Its not just a machine, I can say u carry a mobile garage with you😂! great collection of those accessories!

@Simon D That roaring sound once again, always pleasure to drive with you !

Have clicked some pictures and videos, shall share shortly😎!  Great fun and

thanks again @GauravSoni / @Kailas and @Looper for your joint efforts for the live matches on big screen😎🍻

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 3

@GauravSoni driving with you is always exciting , that including the paved roads as well 😁. i would say the drive was an absolute adventure , the smooth flow and rhythm between all the drivers was amazing mixed with the huge long dunes and the big drops  with high speed was refreshing experience.

@Brette it was a pleasure driving with you man.  i am glad that your Grand Cherokee  finally decided to forgave you after you had that last talk with her 😂.

@DP1011 , Deepak wrangler if i cant beat your jeep buddy, at least i can make some lauder noise 🤣. it always fun driving with you buddy ( i cant wait to see the videos and pictures you have captured ) , and best regards to you copilot as well

@Brett Eicher man i think you are an amazing driver  you have an impressive control over your car and seems always ready with your tools and equipment's , (I hope you finished emptying your spare fuel tank by now 😅)

looking forward to drive with you all again soon 

cheers 🍻

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

A fantastic drive, thank you again for organising this one @GauravSoni   Fantastic dunes and even better company 😄 So many laughs! 😆

Looking forward to the captured video as well!

And oh my, that refueling... could have raised a family and sent kids off to university by the time that jerry can emptied 😂😂

Edited by Brett Eicher
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Trip Report:

Yellow truck drive was one of the most anticipated drive for me as i had missed this last year! The description of the terrain and challenges it holds was good enough for the little kid getting super excited to experience it first hand,

We had a wonderful start to the trip with campfire, company of wonderful people and laughter all around the previous night joined by our last minute addition of @Brette to our drive.

After getting ready for the drive around 8.15 am, we had our quick briefing with @Simon D and @Brett Eicher ( who had done the drive the previous day) letting the YT newbies including Myself on what to expect in the drive.

We started moving around 8:30 am towards the North of YT driving through long open spaces until we reached the Sharp drops and Huge Slipface. 

After correcting our course, we started our roll over the vast expanses of extremely soft sands and long climbs ( which looked normal until i realize that i was hitting gear 1 just to keep the car rolling). 

We had our share of couple of stucks which were resolved with the team effort of shoveling, Max tracks, and tugs. It was a brilliant to see the team get together to assess the situation, identify possible solutions and then implementing them for a perfect result.

Continuing our journey forward, we reached our target around 12.10 pm with a satisfying view of the Yellow truck surrounded by Newbie Convoy of Freddie and Sri. 

image.jpeg.da4636c3b91b89e693fdddf887df92c6.jpeg

image.jpeg.6acc68bdcf2f91c26105381cd276c5a0.jpeg

After having the YT all to ourselves and Spending about an hour refreshing, recharging we started our drive back to the exit towards the " Water tanks. 

We met the Newbie Convoy train making its way to the exit and decided to find some play areas. 

After playing around on a high slip face bowl, Brette's Grand Cherokee decided to take a break ( transmission heating, 2WD mode). After minutes of persuasion, filling up the gas tank for @Brett Eicher and some more playtime for the @Simon D loud Pajero, we started to make our way to the exit finding the fastest way. 

We ended out drive at the tarmac at 3:30 pm with big smile and happy faces!!

Thanks @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler @Brette @Brett Eicher @Simon D for being part of this Adventure. 

You all drove amazing and special shout out to @Brett Eicher for driving with sheet brilliance and all the tools for resolving the obstacles one at a time.

Some stats: 

image.png.220c1ba3b40dbe2b8f730fd95b282b67.png

Until Next time!! 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use