•  

Afternoon Support Team - Recovery Champion Training - 10 Dec 2022

Gaurav

21 minutes ago, GauravSoni said:

Enjoy the session tomorrow guys! It’s one the most priceless opportunity to learn new and refresh old basics,  that too from Sand Yodas!

Unfortunately I have to leave the spot, got emergency at work. Maybe next time. 

• Sad (0) 3

Thanks @Gaurav and @Frederic for the lovely highly informative session today - Thrill is not in just letting the things flow, it’s about enjoying the nature while respecting the challenges it brings with it and managing those challenges with open eyes. 
Thanks all for actively participating and making it an immersive experience. Special thanks to @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler for letting me hop in and providing me with my first off road experience as a passenger. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

On 12/9/2022 at 6:28 PM, Gaurav said:

or vice-versa

Agree with @Gaurav 

this is the session when we learn this . Nice and smooth 

👇

F7FCE9CA-2C3A-4D67-8349-0452FB828425.jpeg

E8396673-1302-4E69-BDEF-734F8141FAD4.jpeg

• Like (+1) 4

Hi @Gaurav I used to underestimate self recovery, but after the session I learned that about 90% of it can be accomplished by self recovery. All of the points raised today regarding safety and discipline are highly praiseworthy, as you and the other marshals have proven in each and every drive @Frederic thank you for the sharing your experience it is always pleasure having you around

Thank you @ASAD.for the snacks,it was great catching up with rest of the support team,looking forward to be driving with you guyz in the sand soon.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

@Gaurav This was an excellent afternoon's learning, we really do not know what we do not know and sharing of tips and tricks like this not only helps us learn but enables us to be better at supporting the leads, ensuring the safety of others in the convoy and lastly gives us the confidence to apply what we have learnt. Thanks for the fantastic lead @Frederic, I do think you need to practice getting stuck more :)

To the rest of the support group @Simon D @ASAD. @Rob S @Waqas Parvez @Dodi Syahdar @Varun Mehndiratta @Lawrence_Chehimi @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler @Looper as always was a pleasure getting together, chatting, sharing experiences and getting to know you all better - invaluable experience.

a special thanks to @Waqas Parvez& @ASAD. for the snacks they were very welcome and enjoyable

@Rob S lets not mention the football :) hope you had a great night anyway..

And a special shout out to @Lawrence_Chehimi for allowing us to practice our newfound skillset :)

See you all in the sand very soon :)

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks @Gaurav and @Frederic for this super informative "course" session! 
My key takeaways were break the resistance, types of tugs, and right technic of shovelling, apart from many others you shared yday:) And as u rightly said, with this we should be able to help self and others on recovering with minimal efforts🤞Then intensity of interest was clearly reflected with the extended session and none of us realised it was 8pm:) 

it was great to catch up all and thanks @Waqas Parvez for the snacks🙌🏼.

• Like (+1) 5

Thanks again @Gaurav and @Frederic for organizing this training. @Gaurav u Cleared so many misconceptions for me personally and im sure for others as well. I had first hand experience of applying those learnings this morning when i got crested right from the centre horizontally, bt like u guys said shovel is the best friend and breaking the resistance always works. 
Good to see all the supports, was great fun learning, shoveling and joking together. 

• Like (+1) 4

Thanks @Frederic for joining and supporting a great mission to restart the old training session.

Thanks, everyone for your wholehearted participation and I love it when I have been bombarded with tons of questions at every step. It tells me clearly that you all have seen enough and reciprocating with real-life scenarios than just textbook responses. Off-roading is like an ocean and none of us can ever finish learning, it's an ongoing process, and that's what excites all of us. 

The core idea of support team training is to really show you all the tip of the iceberg, and let each one of you explore beneath the surface by applying these skillsets on regular basis. So more you apply, the more you will learn and practice these skills to be a more confident off-roader than just a pedal-pusher.

In true off-roading spirit, I would rate the skill of self-recovery much higher than scaling daredevil heights (often misunderstood). Simply because when you have the capability to save yourself from any/all stuck scenario it opens a new chapter in off-roading that enables you to really start exploring without any fears, doubts or boundaries.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 6

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

2 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Off-roading is like an ocean and none of us can ever finish learning,

Absolutely. .. there Is always a take home msg 

2 hours ago, Gaurav said:

when you have the capability to save yourself from any/all stuck scenario it opens a new chapter in off-roading that enables you to really start exploring without any fears, doubts or boundaries.

Totally agree 

Important Information

Terms of use