•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Scenic UAQ and RAK Trails - RAK - 17 Dec 2022

Frederic

2 hours ago, Ahmad Nerat said:

Thanks @Frederic for organizing the drive. It was nice drive. Many thanks for the support team for helping other drivers to enjoy the trip. 

2 weeks ago at liwa drive, i wasnt convinced abt the lengthy checklist @Frederic was asking us to verify. Today i would like to thank him a million time; so he was the reason to make me check the spare tyre and be ready for the un-known.. today i had a tyre buncher while entering the sand, although my tyres were just 3 weeks old and AT... something hit the side wall of the tyre while driving. Nothing to regret. spare was there and checked recently because of liwa drive plus i got the tools and the right help from other drivers to fix it on no-time. Guys, long story short check ur spare tyre from time to time and always be ready...

@Frans M, @Theo09, @premindra rajaram , tea fellas hope u enjoyed the tea 😂😂 back there. 

thanks all and hope to see u all on sand again.

BR,

Ahmad

A prepared off-roader will always be a happy off-roader ! Well done @Ahmad Nerat for the positive spirit you bring to the drive ! And the tea also of course !

• Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

On 12/12/2022 at 7:36 PM, Ishak said:

Thank you @Frederic.

I drive Pajero 2022. I never drive on the desert, my experience is only being a passenger in @Dodi Syahdar Raptor 😂 for couple of times.

I have tow points. I am ready to get stuck.

The dream come true. I was the first to get stuck in just after take off. Learnt about momentum on my first drive. Thanks to everyone for your support. Enjoyable drive and the most important is the First Lady said it was very safe and I can continue to drive 😂😅. Looking forward for the next drive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thanks @Frederic for a lovely fun drive this morning … was a nice refreshing drive through beautiful farms (Cows in desert was surely a unique element), wet dunes and some nicely lined up camel racing tracks. It was my second drive through this route with you and not sure why but the couple of crossings through high bushes on both sides is something that always sticks with me here, just enjoy the feel of it 😀

Though we had to cut down the track a bit due to some long stoppages (tyre issue and couple of interesting stucks), the energy of the convoy and your ability to keep the tempo high ensured we all ended the drive with a smile. 

The whole convoy drove really well. It’s not easy adapting to fast changing terrain (and it changed quite a bit through the drive), the whole convoy managed it with elegance and style. Despite it being a long convoy the communication was smooth and reflects very positive on temperament of all the drivers. 

@Danish Mohammad and @Dodi Syahdar was nice catching up with you both. Thanks for your support @Mike M. brilliant second lead 👍 @lucas amat was really fun seeing you handle that jeep smoothly through the drive - no extra gas and very good control. @rohit kumar it was nice to hear your Raptor roar through the terrain . I know at certain moments we enjoy the beats from engine, however, as Fred mentioned during briefing as well, one of the key elements of off-roading is to be able to do most with min utilization of car power (can assure you will need all of it when you go ahead in levels). @Theo09 was really nice to see your vehicle in the rear view mirror - very smooth communication and handling of vehicle. Perhaps a bit more work on keeping up with convoy speed Owise you were really amazing today. Rest of convoy I didn’t have direct view but overall every one did really well. Thanks for a lovely morning out on sand. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks @Frederic for the nice drive, every time i do this drive it is a different experience, thanks for all the support team for keeping the convoy intact and the drive seamless, thanks everyone for making this a smooth and fun drive, really people makes a big difference in a drive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use