•  

Afternoon Intermediate Desert Drive - Faqa to solar park " Start new start technical " - Dubai - 1st Jan 2023

M.Seidam

@M.SeidamDoc thank you for an amazing drive. What a way to start the year with the drive you organized. Convoy responded exceptionally well and specially the First intermediate drivers @Tareq Al Turq and @Gertjan. It was good to see every one and also @MMansoorafter ages with his big bulldozer. Thank to @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler @Simon D@Fabien Monleau for taking care of the convoy. @Davie Chaseamazing job as sweep and fixing pop out in record time. @Imteeaz Good to see you buddy and no error drive from you. Wishing you all a happy new year and looking forward for more drives with you'll this year. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@M.Seidam, thanks for a great drive! It was a nice challenge and good intro to IM level. 

Thanks for all the friends with whom I had the pleasure of spending the first day of the new year! 

For sure less time on IM drives to capture pictures. I found some opportunties to capture some memmories.

All the best for 2023 with many great drives!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Trip report 

Driving along E66 “ the road of memories “ … when I passed Lisaili just remembered how many time we broke through in a quick afternoon spin after work or early morning thinking of how the first Fewbies in my convoy would do in the technical terrain … when I reached Murqab sparked in my mind the beautiful drive we did on jan First 2022 … jumping to Sweihan drives now and I was about to miss the entry to our meeting point 😅. Luckily I didn’t and said to my self hang on the far south is waiting and has lots in the pocket of 2023 , I hope .

the Solar Power Tower “ the chimney “ was like never seen it like that before , just beautiful as if greeting us all on day one in 2023FBA83AB5-8BF0-49FF-A662-BEA1A76B0C26.jpeg.22b6b53cb37cc1dedb39017bec6184f4.jpeg

All of us were on time except @Beide Worku who missed it. Hope all good for him. 
as I mentioned earlier in the intro the drive consisted of three parts the TRM and to my surprise every one did more than great especially @Tareq Al Turq and @Gertjan ( their first IM drive ) excellent driving and communication , very well done . In the Technical part , despite all my attempts to get some one stuck had failed 🤣and this speaks of how good you were my friends and truly deserved to get so quickly to part 2 the Rewarding part after a short break we took.

44125FB1-1A78-4637-97C2-395853AD587E.jpeg.3259158bfae92358d8972d99f65b1266.jpeg

Didn’t take us long to reach little Sweihan as i pumped it to the max 😄in a “catch me if you can” manner , still the guys are keeping up in the quick twisty and double  to triple switches over the ridges . there even in the technical bowels which are nasty in some points we got our first true work. @MMansoor managed to pop out the right front tire of his beast. @Davie Chase took over and in no time was fixed . And in this one I realise that learning never ends at any point . The little trick was usufull in the right hands 😉 

one hour left and it’s time for part three heading straight toward our exit negotiating a Mixed kind of terrain. Well still I couldn’t finish the drive before I managed to crest my self ( 50% was intentional 🤣) and the guys answered all the questions precise and correct and helped me to keep the promise of NO ROPES

@Vaibhav without your perfect second lead negotiation we could have grown some muscles especially in the first part😄. Thank you my friend.

@DP1011 , Deepak wrangler @Simon D and @Fabien Monleau  you kept the strong train even more stronger and unbreakable. Very well done and pleasure to drive with you guys always. @Imteeaz hope to see you soon in the support family as i always considered you one of them . Excellent bro.

last but not the least thank you @Davie Chase for the sweep as always sleek and helpful when ever needed. glad we kept the new winch untouched😉 .. oh btw here is the link to the SPT 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concentrated_solar_power

thank you all again and wish you all a very happy and healthy new year 🙏

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@M.Seidam  what a better way to kick-start the new year 2023 than going for a drive under your lead.  We really enjoyed the technical terrains, and the high speed chase across the dunes, whenever we could push our toys.  For sure I will look into the promotion to Support Group in the near future.

Being supported by @Vaibhav @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler @Davie Chase@Fabien Monleau @Simon D  really made my life easy during the drive, though I had to go through the churned-up tracks at the back.   Most of the time, I was following @Fabien Monleau tracks as he was always looking for fresh tracks to avoid any refusals - thanks pal.

@MMansoor  great to see you again buddy in your V8 - did not get to hear your roar this time as i was 2 cars ahead of you.

@Gertjan @Tareq Al Turq  you never gave us the slightest hint that it was your first IM drive; you have truly learned well the lessons coming from FB+ and I am confident that you can only get better at IM level.

Until next time, enjoy your week.

Cheers

N.B: @Gertjan  thanks for the amazing capturing some of our great moments

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

2023 - A fantastic start, couldn't have asked more than to do the drive we experienced - Thanks @M.Seidam for this fantastic drive ! Right from the start till the end , the focus, concentration, judgement of keeping right distance, and the fast pace in second half, it had everything of what we had in 2022 various drives - Hence I would say helped me atleast to recollect of how amazing the times were in 2022 and what 2023 looks like :)

Great bunch of people in the convoy - And the 2 newbies in IM level - Not even once i felt they were doing first time IM - this is certainly one of very challenging IMs I did and lucky were @Gertjan and @Tareq Al Turq to experience this in their first drive itself ! Congratulations Folks ! 

@Vaibhav - Vaib,  the challenges u accepted all through being second lead and proactively taking alternate lines at times, just assured us, how perfect SL you were. Absolutely fantastic and all times in my mind i was watching what distance you were keeping and wondering on your amazing judgment ! 

Always great pleasure to have @Fabien Monleau @Simon D@Imteeaz @MMansoor as part of convoy ! Great to see you guys and collectively, we made it happen - No Ropes on day 1 of 2023 :D

@Davie Chase - Thanks for sweeping us and I can imagine how more challenging it would have got being in last , with the kind of track we have been over - fantastic feat ! The winch, perhaps some more waiting time for it :D - I couldn't have the chance to see and learn what magic you did during the pop-out, perhaps need to be next to you next time to learn those techniques ;)

Some pictures in gallery too :) See you all soon Gentlemen ! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 5

Important Information

Terms of use