•  

Morning Intermediate " Limited" Desert Drive - Al Wagan - Abudhabi - 8 Jan 2023

M.Seidam

Please read carefully before you join this drive

Dear Freinds

As i noted previously during Sweihan Drives series about this coming plan throughout the winter season and here we go . Unfortunately these drives are limited in number of participants and drive level minimum requirements for obvious Safety reasons.

Alwaqan Desert is considered one of the most beautiful area south to Alain. the terrain and dunes are so diverse from technical dunes to massive bowls with moon like crators like the "pajero bowl" , pyramidal as well as different shapes named after like fish and octupus dunes ..etc  the way to and exit from some of those are mostly not straight forward before climbing re routing and yet circling in differnet patterns in orders to cross over the other side which entails focus and clear mind, refinment in speed and momentum, control and above all nerves of steel as any miscalculation might lead to unwanted misshappen ,God forbid. 

Please take your car for inspection for any hidden issues that can be fixed ahead of this drive. the area is so remote and to get it to the track might be unsafe to do in some situations in case of break down. please check your spare tire condition and the tools reqiured to remove it and install.try it while you are at your front door and not in the middle of no where please.Also make sure that your recovery points are in good condition and not rusty. 

Please check your Gear properly especially the kinetic ropes and soft shackles that they are in good condition. the more ropes you have the better 😅

Disclaimer : I consider this drive a high level drive ( not extreme ) which is highly demanding from the driver ( 80 % ) and the car ( 20 % ) . with all restrictions still the risk of car damage or mishappen is always there and i dont exclude my self. so please if you accept this and you meet the minimum requirement ( limited to 8 participants each having at least 5 IM drives done ) then i will be more than happy to share the fun to the best safely with you guys.

Seidam

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Intermediate with minumum 5 IM drives and above

When:  8 jan 2023, Sunday 

Meeting time:  07:45 - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/V3ApcCULVznP3DTB9  infront of two land marks ( paradise grocery and mubarak Alamery Mosque )

Approximate finish time: 12:15

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher and rated elastic recovery rope and 2 soft shackles

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 8 cars onlyRSVP will close on Saturday - 8 am
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Intermediate " Limited" Desert Drive - Al Wagan - Abudhabi - 8 Jan 2023

Dear Friends

@Ranjan Das @Imteeaz @MMansoor @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler @Anoop Nair and @Zed

Thank you all for RSVPing the drive . for your information the meeting point has been updated in the drive topic as well as the Calendar and its here as well  https://goo.gl/maps/V3ApcCULVznP3DTB9  infront of two land marks ( paradise grocery and mubarak Alamery Mosque )

The only route to it where you get to the nearest gas station which is about 18 km before the meeting point is via E 95

Gas station is Al Wagan adnoc gas station https://goo.gl/maps/MiUrD4yLucoQZ1LDA

Its about 2.5 to 3 hours drive from Dubai/Sharjah . please get lots of rest the day before. you will need it.

the convoy order and the radio channel will be announced at the meeting point.

please keep yourself free of any commitments for the whole day as the dive may extend beyond the official finish time depending on the circumstances and upon agreement among us.

no need to carry extrafuel however make sure to come with full tank till the brim.

Please the day before make a final check on your vehicle and your gear and your radios ( spare radio the better to have or a car charger )

please pack light as much as possible and get dry food for you and lots of water during the drive.

excpect always the unexpected . we will outline the star fish dunes , we might cross or bypass technical areas to find our self infront of sheer view of  massive dunes with huge crators ,yet a very challenging diffenet shapes of  dunes to negotiate ,climb and switch in between their weired limbs ..etc

364632882_Alwagan.jpg.883bb2f9a5993ea2ed28ac55de3dc992.jpg

Wish you all good day and cant wait to see you inshallah on sunday morning 07:45 sharp

Cheers

Seidam

• WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Dear Doc @M.Seidam - Despite being mentally prepared and accepting all your Disclaimers and interesting insights, I have a limitation to be back home by 2pm, which I dont think is possible and that would not be a justice done to the drive with a constant thought of being back home in time   

My apologies, I remove myself 😑  and perhaps I now wait for Wagan 2.0 , Will certainly miss this Fun and the lovely convoy members.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 5

26 minutes ago, DP1011 , Deepak wrangler said:

Dear Doc @M.Seidam - Despite being mentally prepared and accepting all your Disclaimers and interesting insights, I have a limitation to be back home by 2pm, which I dont think is possible and that would not be a justice done to the drive with a constant thought of being back home in time   

My apologies, I remove myself 😑  and perhaps I now wait for Wagan 2.0 , Will certainly miss this Fun and the lovely convoy members.  

No worries my friend . Such drives needs the clearest mind to perform and enjoy. 
don’t worry we are still in the beginning of 2023 and hopefully more even better drives to come 🙏

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

6 hours ago, Anoop Nair said:

Hi Dr @M.Seidam I will have to remove myself as well. Some relatives are visiting so unable to stay away full day on Sunday. Catch up with you on the next one. Apologies.. 

no worries enjoy your time dear Anoop

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use