•  

Morning Intermediate " Limited" Desert Drive - Al Wagan - Abudhabi - 8 Jan 2023

M.Seidam

@M.Seidam all I can say is I always had a realisation what I will be missing and now its confirmed😂, For sure the next trip report I will make sure my name appears too ;) ! 

Congratulations to @Imteeaz @Zed @MMansoor and @Ranjan Das for this amazing acheivement!! 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

15 hours ago, Zed said:

Quick Trip Report & Video Uploads of the 4 Amigos conquering Pajero Bowl 👍

Almost everyone got a refusal, starting with second lead Mr @Ranjan Das who is still getting used to his newly-rebuilt engine and stuck on the side of a soft dune. No issue, with proper instructions from Marshal and cool-head, the Jeep managed to self-recover from a sticky situation.

Being at the back, I had some options to skip certain things 😂  and while waiting for @MMansoor  to finish his climb & u-turn loop, I realized it's been more than 5 mins, and when I looked back, the mighty Y62 was stuck on the high side of the dune. You can check the Photo Gallery to assess the situation yourself 😅. I think this happened in the Octopus Bowl.

@Imteeaz had a minor refusal going over the crest, but managed to reverse and go over the churned-up crest.

Finally we arrived at the marshal... whoops I meant Pajero Bowl 😜 For this, you can see the videos below.

Dr. Seidam conquering Pajero Bowl.

Ranjan conquering Pajero Bowl.

Imteeaz conquering Pajero Bowl.

MMansoor conquering Pajero Bowl.

Thank you Dr. @M.Seidam for pushing the drive even with just 4 people. It was well worth it 👍

@Zed  thanks bro for sharing your report and the videos.
If i am not asking too much, could you please share the vids with me via whatsapp (055 897 0942)?

Thanks

12 hours ago, M.Seidam said:

Trip Report 

When  I had set the limitation for this drive I wasn’t wrong at all. And today my friends it was just worth every km we drove to reach the meeting point which was about 230 to 250km from our homes.

leaving ahead of time so early thinking about how our day is going to be. It turned out a super amazing day with super brave and like minded off-roaders .

By the time I reached Al Wagan it was already sun rise what a refreshing breeze after a rainy night 

image.jpeg.b7149a318ff410c0555d3cd441274f9a.jpeg

I took a quick scout to the entry to the sand before the arrival of the team which they were punctual on time. a quick brief about our trip plan and a reminder to the safety points that we always repeat in any drive and at any level .Do Not Fight the Nature , just let it flow and we did safely all of us. 

it’s not possible to cover Al wagan in one or in 10 days . However our plan was of three main locations. 

we started with the star fish dunes at this area. So to get the feel we Broke to it gradually to find ourself in front of the giant fish. We spent quite a time negotiating climbing sliding crossing back and forth. It seems we got to the mood of the nature of these dunes.

image.jpeg.b6fe35d3309f9f0314035e237522e321.jpeg

Surprisingly The sand was super soft despite the heavy wet night the day before ! 

leaving this area back to the track to get to the giant Squid 🦑 the octopus dune which was even more demanding and we managed to escape the octagonal limbs but this time not to the track but across the technical/flat/ technical straight away to the last epic and famous pagero bowl .

image.jpeg.f5d9bceff61bc3277fddf45ab48d8361.jpeg

The Pajero Bowl 

image.jpeg.433162f556cf1d898b92cbf4e07edf4c.jpegimage.jpeg.6db258c9206808c44440c6fc920f9568.jpegimage.jpeg.6c6acb8c76cba249ed67ebf08338eb3c.jpeg

that was the most challenging part to tackle . Its huge uneven vagitated solid base crater precluded any chance to use it for an infinity like fashion climb like in the death bowl of Sweihan. We had a quick chat and plan . I first climbed and managed three quarter a circle to exit the best thought point. I was pretty fast and when I let the momentum to do the rest it was stronger and my left rare slipped . Now there is no way to go back for another round . I knew what I had to do and luckily I managed to control an iminant double fishtail and near misshapen !😅 once steady I grabbed the radio and reassured my friends that all is ok and not to start till I guide them one by one . All has to come higher than my line even a foot is enough so they can ride the ridge longer .All did it like in the awesome videos what @Zedshared earlier 🙏👍.  What a great feeling of accomplishment and relief in the same time . 
here down are some what I could get from above 

After a break we headed toward the exit and on our way as usual I managed to get a wedged stuck where with some shovelling thanks also to Zed’s sand tracks which worked to catch a traction and helped me to get away 🙏.

@Ranjan Das perfect second lead and pleasure to see you with your awesome Rubicon after a long time . @Imteeaz bro you drove like a pro today. And the Pajero bowl is a testament well done . @MMansoor honestly I had little doubt at the beginning not of your skills but the heavy beast . But you made her yours now after this trip I bet on it by 10 bucks 🤣. Excellent drive . @Zed thanks for the amazing sweep , control and help . Man your voice freaked me out more than the actual moment when I crossed the Pajero  bowl 🤣, really pleasure having you in any drive bro 🫡

till we meet again take care and drive safe 

cheers 

Seidam 

WE CAME, WE SAW, WE CONQUERED AL WAGAN (and PAJERO BOWL)

@M.Seidam thank you Doc for inviting us to such an amazing drive.  we all spent 12 hours driving yesterday; it really took a toll on me while driving back to Dubai.

we could not hand-picked such an amazing A-team for this exploration; it was my first time in Al Wagan (and i am sure it was the same for couple of the explorers as well).

we all drove well, with minor refusals, which we could not avoid due to the tricky terrain and soft sand.

@Ranjan Das  having you as the SL was comforting as you were trying to find new tracks and keeping a safe distance from @M.Seidam  at all times allowed me enough freedom to follow you guys.

@MMansoor  the beast was kept under control. you really scared us (standing at the top of pajero bowl) while you were pushing the Patrol out of the bowl.  Maybe we will other videos showing Ranjan, Doc and myself making a run for our life.

@Zed  you managed to keep the troop together at all times, with you calm voice and instructions.  the LC with the V8 engine was not match to your skills.  keep it up mate.

my scary moment was trying to get out of the Pajero Bowl whereby I had to circle around 3 times before being able to exit the bowl.  my engine keep cutting-off at 5500 rpm (on 1st gear) for the 1st round.  On the 2nd round, i was on 2nd gear and managed to keep better momentum.  for the 3rd round, again on 2nd gear, i managed to exit the bowl safely.  while checking Relive vids, it seems that i was driving at 110 km/h while circling the bowl, which is quite scary for a drive.

@M.Seidam  i look forward to your future drives; it is always a pleasure to drip under your lead.

to the rest of the A-team - BIG THANK YOU for keeping the convoy together and making sure that it was a memorable Sunday (the 8th Jan 2023).

cheers A-team

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

12 minutes ago, Imteeaz said:

@Zed  thanks bro for sharing your report and the videos.
If i am not asking too much, could you please share the vids with me via whatsapp (055 897 0942)?

Thanks

Done bro,   cc @Vaibhav i have commentary for Imteeaz's first & second attempts,  on the third video I kept silent as not to jinx him for looping the 4th time 😂😂😂

• Haha (+1) 4

This picture says it all!

image.jpeg.b3dd9249e7de1c754bb0dcf9384af08a.jpeg

Thank you Doc @M.Seidam for the magnificent drive; yesterday's was the first drive of the new year for me and I couldn't have asked for a better way to start the new off roading year, thank you!

Short convoy means at time missing the usual suspects and good banter but this time around you made it up by setting a good pace, covering 78 KM in an area like Al Wagan.  @Imteeaz, @MMansoor and @Zed. thank you gentlemen, it was great meeting and driving with you. Some snaps in the gallery .

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

14 hours ago, ASAD. said:

what a wonderful report doc, im sure you guys had super fun. Too bad i couldnt join this time but pajero bowl will remain in the bucket list for sure. 

@ASAD.  14-Jan Bowls of Wagan, not sure if Pajero Bowl is included though, gotta wait for @Srikumar 7pm announcement 🔥🔥😄

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

55 minutes ago, Zed said:

@ASAD.  14-Jan Bowls of Wagan, not sure if Pajero Bowl is included though, gotta wait for @Srikumar 7pm announcement 🔥🔥😄

Pajero bowl or not ive cancelled all my appointments after 630 and alarms in place for 6:59. Gonna be staying back in office just incase, dont wanna take chances getting stuck in traffic 🙈😂😂

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Zed said:

Pajero bowl is now like to pilgrimage in Carnity - no drive in al-wagan area could be complete without visiting it!!!!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

42 minutes ago, Ranjan Das said:

Pajero bowl is now like to pilgrimage in Carnity - no drive in al-wagan area could be complete without visiting it!!!!

LC : Liwa crossing

YT : Yellow Truck

PB : Pajero bowl 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

What have I missed !, by reading the comments and the videos I am already imaging myself in the Pajero Bowl.

Definitely need to make it up later!

Now I am serious thinking of living in Al Ain, just 1 hour away from all the joy and fun😁

• Haha (+1) 6

Important Information

Terms of use