•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Murquab to Lisaili - Dubai - 14 Jan 2023

Frederic

General Info

Murquab, located on Dubai-Al Ain Road, provides the perfect terrain and scenery for beginner level drives. Starting from there, we will make our way to the more technical dunes of Lisaili, offering plenty of practice and shovel opportunities :) 

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above

When:  14 Jan 2023, Saturday.

Meeting time: 7:30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Opposite Murquab Mosque: https://goo.gl/maps/E8FzCYXq32yixtUf6

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:30 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday, 2 pm.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

DRIVE RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

@Yerem Davtyan@Sajan.S@babaski@Arsalan Ehsan@Ishak@Bravoecho@Theo09@Abdelghani@Ahmad Mehwi@Frans M@Quresh.@Melenany

I am happy to announce that we will be able to entertain all waitlisted members as @GauravSonihad stepped up to lead a second convoy !

image.png.0ee12774dd2ccb3b511027c89aa3f552.png

@Faraz Mohammad@Sachith Jagannath@Rashid Alseeni@Juan R@Stan@Simon D@MohamedSherif@fayez@Nadeem Ansari@Ron.P@Nathan@Dodi Syahdar

image.png.eae01b24c23d5d9a2bd3877fb367df8e.png

When you arrive at the meeting point, CONVOY 1 will be on the right hand side, while CONVOY 2 will be on the left side as per below picture. 

image.png.8cdc9624cab17c246f24f4c08948074e.png

Please bring your offroad gears as per your level.

@Sachith Jagannath and @Sajan.S as you are joining us for the first time, please bring a pressure gauge, tyre deflator, and compressor as a minimum. If you have a flag and shovel already, together with a radio you can of course bring it along. If you do not have a radio yet we can lend you one for this drive only. Please make sure your vehicle as front and rear towpoints and let us know which 4x4 you are bringing and if you have prior experience.

See you all tomorrow at 7.30AM Sharp ! (Earlier is always better) :) 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi Frederic, sorry for the late response. 

I am driving ford explorer 2010 model, i do have the required gears as you mentioned. And this isnmy first drive with lead and part of convoy. 

Hi Frederic, 

Also please let me know if we have any point of contact apart from this web response, just invase if requires to get in touch with you or someone tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Sajan.S said:

Hi Frederic, sorry for the late response. 

I am driving ford explorer 2010 model, i do have the required gears as you mentioned. And this isnmy first drive with lead and part of convoy. 

Hi Frederic, 

Also please let me know if we have any point of contact apart from this web response, just invase if requires to get in touch with you or someone tomorrow. 

You can contact me on 0565042632 in case of emergency 

• Like (+1) 1

@Sajan.S @Sachith Jagannath please watch below video as preparation for tomorrow:

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks for the enjoyable drive @Frederic and @Melenany @Hisham Masaad and Abdelghani for the support. See you everyone on the next drives.

20230114_074124.jpg

20230114_085342.jpg

20230114_085826.jpg

20230114_094626.jpg

Edited by Frans M
  • Like (+1) 6

Thank you for the great adventurous drive, as a newbie had a good start with challenging dunes, ofcourse the "am stuck" experience :).

Thanks a ton  @Frederic and @Melenany @Hisham Masaad and Abdelghani and Frans for the pics. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use