•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Murquab to Lisaili - Dubai - 14 Jan 2023

Frederic

22 hours ago, Frederic said:

Another great morning out with Carnity Family !

It was fantastic to meet you all again in the sand ! With @Melenany , @Hisham Masaadand @Abdelghani as my sidekicks i knew we could do anything. It was great meeting you again after a long time.

@Sajan.S was our only Absolute Newbie but after a couple of dunes became more comfortable and you drove superb for your very first drive ! Hope to see you soon again. 

Most hitch receiver that are for sale are 2 inch, for the explorer this is less so it might be a little bit more difficult to find the right type. We had a driver with us last year @Asem Rashwan who had below setup:

16420626282857786454008018870331.jpg.738aaeb03eb70ca4cb5cc89c3f00ce9a.jpg

You do not need the towball, but more importantly with this setup we can put a soft shackle around that middle shaft. Please have one installed before your second drive.

@babaski @Arsalan Ehsan@Ishak@Bravoecho@Theo09@Abdelghani@Frans M@Quresh. @Stumpy Paj you guys managed whatever i threw at you like champs. We kept it on a gentle pace to make sure everyone was comfortable and we could enjoy the fantastic weather and scenery. I hope you all enjoyed it.

@GauravSoni and his superb convoy arrived just after us, and it was great to see such a large group (25+ cars) all together and Carnity was in full strength that morning. Thanks again buddy for taking on the second convoy so everyone had a great morning out.

See you all in the sands soon again !

Hi @Frederic thank you once again for your lead and knowledge.

Great weekend spent and looking forward to many more this year 

Edited by Bravoecho
  • Like (+1) 1

Folks, looks like you had an awesome drive! @Frederic, I just realized that you put me as a 2nd lead (thank you), but I believe I had removed my name from the waitlist on Friday, didn't I? 

Apologies if I didn't and caused inconvenience.  

See you in the sand soon! 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Yerem Davtyan said:

Folks, looks like you had an awesome drive! @Frederic, I just realized that you put me as a 2nd lead (thank you), but I believe I had removed my name from the waitlist on Friday, didn't I? 

Apologies if I didn't and caused inconvenience.  

See you in the sand soon! 

No worries @Yerem Davtyan your name was still in the waitlist on Friday when i closed the convoy list around 10am. 

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

18 minutes ago, Frederic said:

No worries @Yerem Davtyan your name was still in the waitlist on Friday when i closed the convoy list around 10am. 

Yeah, I believe I removed it in the afternoon. Apologies, hope didn't cause much inconvenience.  

Cheers!

Yerem 

Trip Report : Convoy 2:

It is really amazing to see so many enthusiastic new faces line up together to what was eventually a beautiful morning drive. 

we started with meet and greet followed with the briefing; highlighting and reiterating the basics of communications, convoy discipline and key aspects of driving on sand. You will get to listen this on every drive no matter what level you drive as this brings the safety at the forefront of any activity. 

with the convoy in order and flags up with deflated tires and egos, we made our way hoping from one dune to the next with no stuck or refusals for the first 30 minutes. 

I was raising the difficulty level in sections doing some steep climbs , riding long blunt ridges and patches of technical terrain and convoy responded with minor stucks and refusals which are all part of the learning. the support team got couple of chances to have some workout shoveling a wrangler stuck on crest and pop out of another wrangler. 

@FARAZ MOHAMMED you did very well as 2nd lead. It is very important to maintain the right distance so as to follow the tracks and maneuver while being prepared to move left or right  or stop on track as directed. well done buddy!

@Sachith Jagannath was a no Show. hope to see you next time. its advisable to inform on the forum incase you are unable to join the drive as it allows the next waitlisted driver to get in the drive.

@Rashid Alseeni excellent driving the heavy weight with ease. u did well. 

@Juan R  @Stan ,@MohamedSherifits important to understand the power of the car and the requirement from the terrain. you guys did very well!

@fayez as we discussed during the pop out fixing break, Fishtailing, as fancy as it may look to the outside viewer, is not the best of moves you want your car to be in. You need to practice pedal control along with steering control to ensure that the tracks don't get churned up to much  and that you have control over your cars moving direction. 

@Nadeem Ansari we all have had that one drive during our newbie levels where things don't happen as we expect them to be. There drives are the most important ones to learn about your car dynamics and how much gas is too much or too little.  i liked your determination and willingness to learn.. well done!

@Ron.P i am sure you enjoyed the drive as i had no recollection of your voice on the radio. 

@Nathan when driving in a convoy, always believe in the fact that every car can make it over the dunes since the every car ahead of you made it through. Trust yourself that you can do it too. you may have to take a little bit right or left of the track depending on how long and heavy is your car, and this is precisely why we drive every week to develop the understanding. on a side note  have you fixed the issue with air bags on your car?

Thank you @Simon D and  @Dodi Syahdar for amazing support in center and sweep and in executing demonstration maneuvers with ease. 

Thankyou all for joining and hope to see you again on sand!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use