Srikumar

34 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

Videos courtesy of @Imran Kashif

@Tom B 

@Haitham Khattab

@Foxtrot Oscar

Srikumar

Great videos!

That’s a nasty noise coming from my front left. Need to get they looked into. 

Edited by Tom B
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

1 hour ago, Srikumar said:

Videos courtesy of @Imran Kashif

@Tom B 

@Haitham Khattab

@Foxtrot Oscar

Srikumar

Love it !! Thanks so much and it is so getting sent to my former copilot  who’s currently travelling the world !! She’ll be so jealous!! 

@Srikumar takes a 3.5t jack to the head, but still leads through Wagan, rescues multiple cars, videographer supreme AND posts drive reports on the same day!  Superhuman. 👏🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

I don't think there is much more for me to add after @Srikumar 's drive report, and @Foxtrot Oscar, @Tom B and @ASAD. 

I didn't realize on the day, but this full day drive was my 60th drive with Carnity . . . . . who could imagine less than 14months ago I had never got behind the wheel of a 4x4! Testament to the skills taught and learnt during Carnity drives and the amazing Toyota Prado (with only minor modifications!).

@Zed I hope you are doing well and see you again in the deserts soon. @ASAD. fantastic job as SL and hope the car is repaired swiftly!

@Vaibhav shame you were unable to join us, its been a while since we had the whole gang on one drive. @Waqas Parvez great job supporting through the various challenges! 

Thanks again @Srikumar, look forward to joining your next adventure!

PS. @Srikumar I have your initial pajero bowl escape but its to big to share on whatsapp! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

30 minutes ago, Rob S said:

I have your initial pajero bowl escape but its to big to share on whatsapp! 

downlaod it to you tube in private if you want and share the link here 🙂

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Sunil Mathew said:

It was a very eventful drive, to say the least, but as is with @Carnity, we all come out stronger at the end of the day. It was a sheer display of leadership, commitment , quick thinking and kudos to @Srikumar @Waqas Parvez @Tom B @Rob S for handling the situation(s) with absolute level headedness!! and @Imran Kashif @Haitham Khattab always ready with their helping hands for @Zed and ASAD

Al Wagan and Pajero bowl, both were firsts for me, and i had never heard of these places until last week. Pajero bowl seemed to be challenging for me , as i started the run on first gear and kept hitting the rev limiter and losing the line on my first round and continued without crossing over, when Sri prompted me to upshift ,  i felt the strong lurch forward and improved momentum with which i could easily cross over and exit. I always though that an upshift would only slow me down due to reduced torque, so it was a good learning experience/paradigm shift. 

Good to see Angela @Foxtrot Oscar, back in action and hope to drive on one of your "Yalla" drives soon :-) ... looks like its time to change your profile to "Dangerous Woman" or even Delta Whiskey, courtesy the AlAin cops :-) , ........our @Tom B was almost certain that he would be forced to sell his LC to the guy, or else they would just confiscate it and put him in jail :-) :-) 

We made the best of the afternoon , finding some great rolling dunes where we all were at our bests, just flowing along the bowls, climbing, criss crossing our way freely , when @ASAD. had his issue ...breaking the cooling fan of a Toyota Prado, a rarity in itself , but stuff happens !! hope its sorted soon and see you on the upcoming liwa crossing .

Good to drive again with @Anoop Nair, a long time carnity mate , see you soon on the liwa crossing if all stars align, that is!!

@Sunil Mathew  thanks for this insight mate.  I had similar issues the week before when i kept trying to push the Y61 in 1st gear around the bowl; i kept losing momentum.

At one stage i upshifted (2nd gear) and the whole truck reacted in an unbelievable manner, and i managed to keep momentum and speed to go around the bowl (twice).

Same like you, i am still learning to drive around bowls; once the engine starts screaming for the 2nd gear (or the rev limiter kicks-in), upshift and then fly (literally).

Cheers

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

37 minutes ago, Sunil Mathew said:

as i started the run on first gear and kept hitting the rev limiter and losing the line on my first round and continued without crossing over, when Sri prompted me to upshift ,  i felt the strong lurch forward and improved momentum with which i could easily cross over and exit. I always though that an upshift would only slow me down due to reduced torque, so it was a good learning experience/paradigm shift. 

that's the difference between Torque and Horsepower bro, once your torque is maximized, to move the car faster you need the wheels to spin faster, which can only be done with higher gears. When you're climbing uphill it's best to stay 1st Gear as any upshift will actually slow you down. But when you're on a flatter surface, side-sloping or circling a bowl, it's safe to upshift without losing momentum: this will make your car run faster and u gain more momentum to cross. The balance is to get the right speed... too fast and you may crossed unintentionally (which i'm also guilty of) 😂

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use