•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Solar Orbit: Counter Revolution Part 2 - Dubai - 14 Jan 2023

Ale Vallecchi

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above

When:  14 January 2023, Saturday

Meeting time:  7:30 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/NLCdQFT3mfmmC21HA

Action Plan:  Orbiting Solar Park returns on our drives' menu, bringing with it two new factors: it will be the first attempt at this route with a Fewbie Plus convoy, and will proceed in a counterclockwise direction, compared to previous 2 editions (both Intermediate and clockwise drives). We'll start at the "perihelion", or the closest point to our "sun" (which is Solar Park's Innovation Center), and we'll reach our "aphelion", or furthest point to the "sun" at the entry to Faqa's Plateau, close to E44, on AD's border. This means that we'll cross all areas within the Dubai emirate's desert, including Little Sweihan, Faqa, Murqab and Lisaili, crossing the dunes' slip-faces on our way back to SP. Luckily, we are not expecting the day to become too hot, as we progress closer and closer to our planned exit, at the Three Trees area. Regardless of the challenges we'll face, we are planning a smooth, rhythmic drive, with a meditative feel to what will be my first drive of 2023.

Approximate finish time: 11:30 AM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 12 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Desertnauts

let's prepare for Saturday's orbit in our Solar Park "system" of dunes, sabkhas and mixed terrain.

We will leave from the outskirts of Solar Park's Innovation Center (the iconic glass spire visible from a most parts of Qudra and Lisaili), launching the convoy in a southern direction, across the so-called "Middle Earth", spinning off at Little Sweihan, slinging eastward toward Lisaili. Once there, upon reaching the furthest point from the "sun", we'll revert our course, heading first north to the boundary between Murqab and Lisaili, and finally, racing through Lisaili itself, we'll travel southward, all the way back to the Solar Park tarmac road.

The drive will maintain a relatively fast pace, all things considered, but since the goal is to complete the relatively long counter revolution, and not to beat any speed record, we may reduce the speed, to insure a safer and smoother progress along our orbit. 

The convoy has been built keeping in mind the power of each driver's car, together with their current rank and previous experience, and will line up as follows:

@Chris Wing in Second Lead

@Paolo Pellegrini at #3

@Mike M. at #4

@Jaro Tuzinsky will be #5

@Jona #6

@Mehmet Volga will Center the convoy

@Daniel Rodas at #8

@Gerrit Bus #9

@Ashutosh Garg will take #10

@Charbel #11, and 

@Mohamad Anwer will Sweep the convoy.

The radio channel has not yet been decided and will be confirmed upon reaching the meeting point. 

Come ready for a lengthy drive, bringing along your love for the desert. See you all on Saturday morning.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Sad (0) 1

@Ale Vallecchi thank you very much today’s drive. All of you, it was one of the best convoys I experienced.. even , i didn't take any pictures it was so dynamic :) indeed, we were flying and everyone piloted perfectly .. sorry my friend got sick, however thank you for support to get us safe home earlier. Take care and looking forward to another flight soon.. Have a great weekend.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

What a drive @Ale Vallecchi!!! Every element used in off-roading was tested today:

1- Driving Skills

2- Car Capabilities 

3- Human and Machine Stamina.

Personally this drive was a “Eureka” moment for me. I FINALLY start to get what you told me first time I met you in one of my earlier Newbie drives :    
 ”Flow like Water”. 

Thank you for this and thanks for a fantastic drive!

Kudos to the strong convoy as well! Until we meet again on the sand!

Edited by Mike M.
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

On 1/12/2023 at 9:47 PM, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts

let's prepare for Saturday's orbit in our Solar Park "system" of dunes, sabkhas and mixed terrain.

We will leave from the outskirts of Solar Park's Innovation Center (the iconic glass spire visible from a most parts of Qudra and Lisaili), launching the convoy in a southern direction, across the so-called "Middle Earth", spinning off at Little Sweihan, slinging eastward toward Lisaili. Once there, upon reaching the furthest point from the "sun", we'll revert our course, heading first north to the boundary between Murqab and Lisaili, and finally, racing through Lisaili itself, we'll travel southward, all the way back to the Solar Park tarmac road.

The drive will maintain a relatively fast pace, all things considered, but since the goal is to complete the relatively long counter revolution, and not to beat any speed record, we may reduce the speed, to insure a safer and smoother progress along our orbit. 

The convoy has been built keeping in mind the power of each driver's car, together with their current rank and previous experience, and will line up as follows:

@Chris Wing in Second Lead

@Paolo Pellegrini at #3

@Mike M. at #4

@Jaro Tuzinsky will be #5

@Jona #6

@Mehmet Volga will Center the convoy

@Daniel Rodas at #8

@Gerrit Bus #9

@Ashutosh Garg will take #10

@Charbel #11, and 

@Mohamad Anwer will Sweep the convoy.

The radio channel has not yet been decided and will be confirmed upon reaching the meeting point. 

Come ready for a lengthy drive, bringing along your love for the desert. See you all on Saturday morning.

What a long endurance challenging drive @Ale Vallecchi incredible route amazing scenery 👌 thank you for the thrill! I am still recovering  😆 

The team was great and drove very well, if anything, I had the highest number of refusals 😃 😊 especially towards the last 30 minutes of the drive, where the sand was super slippery,  due to the wet sub surface. My old Landcruiser struggled a bit!

Thank you @Chris Wingand @Mehmet Volgafor the great support.

To the rest of the reat of the team, incredible 👏 drive welldone all.

See you all soon

20230114_084117.jpg

20230114_093251.jpg

20230114_094023.jpg

20230114_105946.jpg

20230114_094842.jpg

20230114_091634.jpg

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use