•  

Jeep/ Ford Special: Should we have a drive with topless Wrangler/Bronco

Kailas

Should we have a drive with topless Wrangler/Bronco   

7 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a drive with topless Wrangler/Bronco

Hi folks,

I have had my Wrangler for more than 3 years now, but never taken it for a desert drive with open top. Weather is fantastic, So I am thinking of posting a drive with only open Wranglers/ Broncos. I would like to take interest of other Wrangler/ Bronco members. 

image.jpeg.e7fa7f80692789212f1eaf7452830748.jpeg

Plan is to have a Fewbie level drive end of January if we have enough interest.

I am sure main concern would be about sand and dust going inside the car. Hence if we plan this drive, we will try our best to minimize sand going inside by avoiding any self recoveries that may throw sand in, avoid dusty path etc.

Prior to the drive, we could also help each other in getting the top off from the vehicle

I have added a poll to gauge the interest.

Cheers!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Been considering this myself @Kailas, its a great idea, we have only taken the entire roofs of our Jeep’s once, it was fun but too warm at the time, this is an idea time of year for it.

I think it would be a lot of fun but we would need to schedule a stop by the car wash with a big vacuum on the way home 😀

what do you think @Benjamin ?

• Like (+1) 2

@Gary F I Rekon this is the best time to do a drive like this. I think it would be awesome and a great idea too.

1. I manage to bring the desert home with me after every single drive with the roof on couldn't imagine what it would be like with it off 😂
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Not there else I would have loved to join you guys. Drove topless a couple of years ago. It was an IM drive with @Srikumar and I was in a sandstorm. 

Just make sure after the drive you use your compressor to dust off the dashboard, especially all the nooks and corners of the buttons. @Kailas has a cover to protect the switch board panel which is a better idea.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Good point @Looper regarding the switch area. For wranglers JL, the sand and dust can pass through the switch gaps and can make the switches stuck.

image.png.f5c63fc3fe9af2e90bace7c7bb20c1d3.png

I had to change the whole panel once as the hazard lights were not going off. If not under warranty, it can cost 2K plus.

So I got the below cap that can be easily put on during desert drives, and I remove once the drive is over. It gives complete protection to the switch area.image.png.26e8e9167812af8451a31d0a57a7f083.png

Additionally when I take the hard top off, I have a sun shade protection. This can help reduce the sand coming inside.

image.png.cbd293d226943ce256dc51fa6b2bd919.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

That cover looks pretty good, cling film would also work as a temp measure, good to use a clean paint brush too, to get all the grit out.

• Like (+1) 1

@Kailas cost 50aed (as will need a good wash afterwards)… with sun shade already you have reduced sand going inside the car .. and with your style of driving it’s only sand entering with wind in the car .. so feel free, have been doing it for two years it’s fun. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use