•  

Midweek Morning Chills - Fewbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - 12 Jan 2023

GauravSoni

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE PLAN: 

The plan is to start the drive at sharp 6:30 AM and drive till 8:15 am when we start exiting towards nearest exit. 

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie and above

When:  12 Jan 2023, Thursday

Meeting time:  06:15 AM  - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/wCKxT9s3ARQzSPLP8?g_st=ic

Approximate finish time:  08:30 AM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches ofground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkieradio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close as soon as drive is filled. 
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Dune surfers!

@Tharun Kumar V @Glenn W @premindra rajaram  @Krishna R @Pranjal Varsani1

welcome to the midweek chill drive!

I plan to start moving by 6.30 am sharp with intention to catch-up with morning sunrise views at 7 am between the dunes..

we shall decide the convoy order and radio channel tomorrow morning.

you can reach me on 0545564213 in case of any emergency.

See you tomorrow! 

• Like (+1) 2

Hey @GauravSoni my apologies, I’ve got an early morning appointment with a Client that’s come up at last minute. I’m going to have to drop out unfortunately. 

• Sad (0) 1

21 minutes ago, Glenn W said:

Hey @GauravSoni my apologies, I’ve got an early morning appointment with a Client that’s come up at last minute. I’m going to have to drop out unfortunately. 

No issues Glenn…see u next time

1 hour ago, GauravSoni said:

Dear Dune surfers!

@Tharun Kumar V @Glenn W @premindra rajaram  @Krishna R @Pranjal Varsani1

welcome to the midweek chill drive!

I plan to start moving by 6.30 am sharp with intention to catch-up with morning sunrise views at 7 am between the dunes..

we shall decide the convoy order and radio channel tomorrow morning.

you can reach me on 0545564213 in case of any emergency.

See you tomorrow! 

Please note that at the round about you can take the full u turn and then enter the area as there is no fence.. google maps shows the route all the way to solar park..

3058CA5D-1392-4164-8A16-AE9DAC5587F3.jpeg.9f14aeb46c9b1a86d3b22fd28f836f63.jpeg

take the tarmac to enter at the arrow .. 

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks @GauravSoni for this lovely morning chil! I got to kmw the sunrise is 7am these days😂! And I loved the way u planned it, start, get on a high dune , coffee and watch sunrise and then quick drive ( which lasted 3+ hours😂)

@Tharun Kumar V @premindra rajaram @Pranjal Varsani1 Must say everyone drove brilliantly, No sidesloping at all, and quickly picking up on distancing and ridge riding! 

also admire their patience, it was anothet great learning experience, I realised later, we used 1 rope for first car,  2 ropes for second car and 3 ropes for third car😎🙌🏼

Looking forward to these , perhaps also a sunset drive next?😎 

P.S : Special thanks to @Looper I ensured that I join this drive😂!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Trip Report:

Better late than never.

Watching the sunrise during the "Winter" days in UAE have become an Addiction for me and it is a different feel sharing this happy moments with likeminded individuals. 

Thank you @Tharun Kumar V @premindra rajaram @Pranjal Varsani1 @Krishna R @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler for joining and being on time.  

We had a quick briefing and headed straight to the dunes riding small ridges, side sloping to find our way to a nice dune as the color of the sky changed from dark to light pink/amber. 

This was a warmup where i pushed you guys on some serious maneuvers where each one drive brilliant.  30 mins into the drive, thanks to  @premindra rajaram getting stuck on ridge,  we got the perfect place to put our cars on the slope and enjoy the sunrise with some hot "Halwa" (that was amazing surprise Deepak!!) and coffee giving time to discuss aspects of Ridge riding and the safe ways of tackling the slopes. 

We then made our way towards the long range of Lisaili dunes and saw amazing view of Hot air Balloons within distance hovering so close the ground.  we decided to chase them out and soon we were near the landing zone with some withing arms distance from our convoy. 

It was amazing to experience the blend of Man & Machine working in harmony to help you experience Nature in its best moments. 

Around 8:15 am we decided to take the exit route through a small patch of what turned out to be the longest part of the drive. 

as we were moving though last 100 meters close to the exit, we had Deepak caught up in crest unable to move. Pranjal stayed with him as the first 4 cars came out of the technical area. I decided to go back and check on the situation and found Him crested sideways and Pranjal ready to give him a tug. As soon as he moved , he got stuck on the a slip face and then burried deep ( his low gear apparently was not engaged). 

i then moved my car to get Pranjal out and voila! we had our third car stuck!!( myself). The small area looked firm but had some nasty surprise for us. 

After few minutes of self recovery attempts to no avail. i called Krishna and Tharun back to our position to plan the recovery of the three cars. 

its amazing @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler that we used 1 ,2 and 3 ropes for getting first you, then my car and then pranjal out!

good learning for all of us and some brilliant teamwork. 

Thanks @Tharun Kumar V for a brilliant 2nd lead and thanks @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler to join at the last hour and sweep the convoy safely. 

you all drove good , taking some very important learning out of the drive ( including myself).

See you all soon in sand!

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

3 minutes ago, GauravSoni said:

Trip Report:

Better late than never.

Watching the sunrise during the "Winter" days in UAE have become an Addiction for me and it is a different feel sharing this happy moments with likeminded individuals. 

Thank you @Tharun Kumar V @premindra rajaram @Pranjal Varsani1 @Krishna R @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler for joining and being on time.  

We had a quick briefing and headed straight to the dunes riding small ridges, side sloping to find our way to a nice dune as the color of the sky changed from dark to light pink/amber. 

This was a warmup where i pushed you guys on some serious maneuvers where each one drive brilliant.  30 mins into the drive, thanks to  @premindra rajaram getting stuck on ridge,  we got the perfect place to put our cars on the slope and enjoy the sunrise with some hot "Halwa" (that was amazing surprise Deepak!!) and coffee giving time to discuss aspects of Ridge riding and the safe ways of tackling the slopes. 

We then made our way towards the long range of Lisaili dunes and saw amazing view of Hot air Balloons within distance hovering so close the ground.  we decided to chase them out and soon we were near the landing zone with some withing arms distance from our convoy. 

It was amazing to experience the blend of Man & Machine working in harmony to help you experience Nature in its best moments. 

Around 8:15 am we decided to take the exit route through a small patch of what turned out to be the longest part of the drive. 

as we were moving though last 100 meters close to the exit, we had Deepak caught up in crest unable to move. Pranjal stayed with him as the first 4 cars came out of the technical area. I decided to go back and check on the situation and found Him crested sideways and Pranjal ready to give him a tug. As soon as he moved , he got stuck on the a slip face and then burried deep ( his low gear apparently was not engaged). 

i then moved my car to get Pranjal out and voila! we had our third car stuck!!( myself). The small area looked firm but had some nasty surprise for us. 

After few minutes of self recovery attempts to no avail. i called Krishna and Tharun back to our position to plan the recovery of the three cars. 

its amazing @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler that we used 1 ,2 and 3 ropes for getting first you, then my car and then pranjal out!

good learning for all of us and some brilliant teamwork. 

Thanks @Tharun Kumar V for a brilliant 2nd lead and thanks @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler to join at the last hour and sweep the convoy safely. 

you all drove good , taking some very important learning out of the drive ( including myself).

See you all soon in sand!

See you in Liwaaaaaa!

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/12/2023 at 11:21 AM, Pranjal Varsani1 said:

E2B03D48-02A1-4672-9E67-8F5CFED3EFF5.jpeg

Fantastic shot !!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

First of all thanks a lot @GauravSonifor organizing mid week drive. It was my first mid week drive and thanks to the nature to show her beauty especially when @premindra rajaram got stuck. Thank you Premindra to force Gaurav Soni to hold the Convey 😀. After the drive it felt like a morning workout + meditation session, it felt so fresh to focus on work. 

As usual the drive was packed with full pace and technical, I guess we completed the drive as per the  plan in a short time, only the last 2% was bit of a challenge. But as a fewbie I learnt a lot.  

Thanks for the opportunity on second lead. 

@DP1011 , Deepak wrangler special thank for keeping the convey safe at sweep position. 

The vibe of the drive and people was well matched and looking forward to accompany you all.  

Thank you  @premindra rajaram @Pranjal Varsani1 @Krishna R @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler @GauravSoni for giving opportunity to drive along with you guys. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use