•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Flavours of Faqa - Dubai - 21 Jan 2023

Frederic

4 hours ago, Frederic said:

Thanks to the good support, i will be extending our convoy and make a nice big train for Saturday morning !

Attendees

You are all confirmed for a drive Saturday morning. 
I will be posting the convoy list tomorrow by noon and hope to meet you all in the sands of Faqa soon :) 
As usual, this is a Newbie level drive with a few Absolute Newbies in there, so we will be taking it easy, enjoying the scenery, and get to know each other better. The weather will be pleasant and it will be a great morning out !

Thanyou Very much for this Exciting news. 

Let me introduce myself - My name is Naveed (Ahmad is my middle name) - Driving has always been a passion since early ages , have driven mostly on tarmac and snow but never really in sand so this is really exciting for me. 

My car is a Land Rover LR2 2012 model. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

DRIVE RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

image.png.39f1d05111ac2084dc5f84a05f7078c6.png

@Joseph Sebastian@Natalia Koryakovtseva@sohinik@Ahmad Quadri@Dorian Zissi@L. Petelczyc@Sammy Six @Rizwanm2@babaski@Nicholas Cox1@Arsalan Ehsan@Juan R@essam ibrahim@fayez@Ahmad Mehwi@FARAZ MOHAMMED@Tom V@Naim Aoun@Davie Chase

Dear friends, please find your convoy positions for tomorrow attached. You can park on the hard sand when you arrive where you will find my car (i will be there from around 7.10AM). 

image.png.c8059518531fe9d24d1f184e43f0770b.png

For the Newbies who have driven with us before:

* Please tune in to Channel 2: 446.031 Mhz as we will use this channel during the drive.

* make sure to bring your offroad gears (radio, deflator/gauge compressor, shovel) and definitely a flag. Otherwise you will not be allowed on the drive.

For the ones joining us for the very first time (Absolute Newbies) and do not have a radio yet, i will bring a spare that you can use for your first drive with us. If you have one you can of course bring it. If you do not have a flag yet that is also fine if it's your first drive.

We will start with a briefing which will contain similar information to what you have seen in the Absolute Newbie briefing video. If you have not seen it yet, please go through it as its very helpful.

In case of any issue, you can reach me on 056 504 26 32

Please double check the location before leaving the house. Google Maps has been acting up lately and i don't want you to end up somewhere on the other side of Dubai :) The proper location is nearby Al Faqa next to a long road that leads into the desert, south of the Solar Park. See the red pin below:

image.png.491dcb8f3a76e76107e3aa9f98842112.png

Hope to see you all tomorrow !

Fred

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

4 minutes ago, Dorian Zissi said:

Hi,

6 months in Dubai, Albanian/Polish citizen.

Yes I am an absolute NB. I have a Pajero, 4x4 Signiture edition, 2020 year production.

Have compressor, deflating and flag. Not yet the radio.

Dzien Dobry @Dorian Zissi !

And that's about the only Polish i remember 😁

See you tomorrow !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

On 1/15/2023 at 5:36 PM, Frederic said:

General Info

Al Faqa, with its appealing dunes, either small or technical, offers a great learning opportunity for beginner level drives. We will be making our way North towards the Solar Park, and perhaps try to visit Crescent Moon Lake in Qudra.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above

When:  21 Jan 2023, Saturday.

Meeting time: 7:30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/m6B8FVm345UEGDySA

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:30 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday, 2 pm.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

Apologies Federick, I really didn't expect to make the drive as was on the waitlist last night and have made other plans :-(, NOC from wife has been revoked... have a great drive and sorry to be that guy.

Nick

• Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Dzien Dobry @Dorian Zissi !

And that's about the only Polish i remember 😁

See you tomorrow !

...and what about bad words ...they normally the only ones which people remember from polish language :)

By the way ... do you think that Pajero Signiture is OK for taking on dunes ?

I have done no modifications 

1 hour ago, Dorian Zissi said:

...and what about bad words ...they normally the only ones which people remember from polish language :)

By the way ... do you think that Pajero Signiture is OK for taking on dunes ?

I have done no modifications 

Going driving in the dunes is the easiest way to remove the signature bumper.. 😜

mine now lives on the balcony as an offering to the desert gods
edit: i took mine off at a shop luckily.

Edited by L. Petelczyc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

12 minutes ago, L. Petelczyc said:

Going driving in the dunes is the easiest way to remove the signature bumper.. 😜

mine now lives on the balcony as an offering to the desert gods
edit: i took mine off at a shop luckily.

I agree the extra skirts they have installed on the Signature model are very prone to damage while off-roading 

• Like (+1) 3

hello everyone,

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I'm sohini , this is my first carnity drive and I have taken a master class last week. i am driving chevrolet trailblazer white which is equipped with front and back tow hooks. 

hope to learn and have fun with all the carnity members. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use