•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Flavours of Faqa - Dubai - 21 Jan 2023

Frederic

4 minutes ago, Georges Kazan said:

Hello @Frederic I'm on the waitlist for this event and I don't see my name in your list. Could you please add me?

Hi @Georges Kazan

You are indeed in the waitlist (see below). 

image.png.6b8ca4d416305382f7a38da175a0ee03.png

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Just now, Georges Kazan said:

Thanks. What do the numbers next to the name mean? 

The numbers of drives you are waitlisted for. For example if you do not have a confirmed drive yet, it will show "1". If you are already RSVP'd on another drive, there will be a "2" showing.

That numbering also provides priority to members who are on their first drive, so whenever spots become available, the system will automatically start adding members from the waitlist with "1" behind their name, and only when that list is exhausted, members with "2" will be added.

Hope this is clear :) 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hi guys - this or the next one is (when I make it out of the waitlist) will be my first drive - 

I was wondering if on my first drive I don’t get the gear - and if possible share if that’s possible - and get insight on what stuff to buy from you guys and in the second drive probably have the stuff required - is that possible ? 

6 hours ago, Ahmad Quadri said:

Hi guys - this or the next one is (when I make it out of the waitlist) will be my first drive - 

I was wondering if on my first drive I don’t get the gear - and if possible share if that’s possible - and get insight on what stuff to buy from you guys and in the second drive probably have the stuff required - is that possible ? 

For your first drive with us we want you to bring the following items:

1. Pressure gauge

2. Tyre deflator

3. Compressor 

Once you have completed your first drive, you will be an official "Newbie" and will need to bring the following items as well from your second drive onwards:

1. Offroad Flag

2. Shovel

3. Two Way Radio, programmed to our frequencies.

Some more info:

And our comprehensive Newbie briefing video below which is very useful to get you started:

• Like (+1) 1

@Dorian Zissi @Ahmad Quadri@sohinik😉

this is your first club drive according to our data, so kindly introduce yourself and provide us the following info:

1. Which 4x4 are you bringing ?

2. Any prior offroading experience ?

3. Is the 4x4 equipped with front and rear towpoints ?

We have a very nice Absolute Newbie briefing video that brings you up to speed immediately on what you can expect and prepare for:

Please bring a pressure gauge, deflator, and air compressor as minimum.

We can lend you a radio for your first drive.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks to the good support, i will be extending our convoy and make a nice big train for Saturday morning !

Attendees

You are all confirmed for a drive Saturday morning. 
I will be posting the convoy list tomorrow by noon and hope to meet you all in the sands of Faqa soon :) 
As usual, this is a Newbie level drive with a few Absolute Newbies in there, so we will be taking it easy, enjoying the scenery, and get to know each other better. The weather will be pleasant and it will be a great morning out !
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use