•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Flavours of Faqa - Dubai - 21 Jan 2023

Frederic

Nice to meet you and all the group members,with my best wishes to all of you and thanks for all Managment leadership members for the lovely day . 
with all the best .

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

DRIVE REPORT

The area around Faqa is well known, but even though i have been there many times, i still discover new places and areas, and for this reason it's one of my favorite places to go offroading.

We met up around 7.30 with most people arriving earlier so they had ample time to deflate, set up the flags, and enjoy the sunrise . Some new faces like @Dorian Zissi @sohinik @Natalia Koryakovtseva and @Ahmad Quadri who joined us for the first time and drove superb for their first drive !! 

The weather was pleasant and the company / convoy even more so. We had our bit of shoveling, and even tested christened Davie his winch for the perfect occasion. 

I kept the terrain difficulty rather easy as our convoy was very long, but never felt that someone is holding us back. All of you did amazing this morning. The brilliant support from @Rizwanm2 and @Davie Chase made sure that whenever we hit an issue, it was swiftly and professionally dealt with. 

@Joseph Sebastian we drove many times together, and i really like your calm and mature approach to offroading and your kills., and i could not have asked for a better second lead. Thank you for that !

At the end of the drive, i had to quickly rush to go and pickup my daughter. Sorry if i failed to greet you all before heading back onto the tarmac. I hope to see you all soon in the sand again !

5B1D639E-8F27-4823-95DA-47288B7541A1.jpeg.fbc851ddd4ad9b512e623d0eb5e30eb6.jpeg

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Frederic thank you for the fantastic Newbie drive this morning, it is always a pleasure to support you and learn from you on each and every drive.

@Joseph Sebastian Great second lead you kept us all moving fluently behind Freddie well-done.

@Natalia Koryakovtseva@sohinik@Ahmad Quadri@Dorian Zissi@L. Petelczyc@Sammy Six @babaski@Arsalan Ehsan@Juan R@essam ibrahim@Ahmad Mehwi@FARAZ MOHAMMED@Tom V@Naim Aoun you guys drove amazingly well with very few stucks and refusals. This was a fantastic achievement especially given the fact that we had 4 Absolute newbies @Dorian Zissi @sohinik @Natalia Koryakovtseva @Ahmad Quadri i hope you all enjoyed the drive as much as we did and learnt oodles from the experience. I hope to see you all in the sand again very soon as we move along the Offroad enthusiast journey gaining Knowledge, Skills and Experience along the way.

Thank you @sohinik for allowing me to christen my new winch, that made me very happy to finally find out that it worked and to justify the spend :)

@Rizwanm2 brilliant support from you and fantastic to get to finally meet you.

Some drive stats from todays GAIA GPS 

image.png.c2603a69469d2f4dc39b1032b6586329.png

image.png.b84b3a0723617bca6e988e4c6f66bcb3.png

image.png.3844c32f79031187e06287fe4ba76935.png

image.png.2469b02a669b121060c273c5540e2d50.png

Have a great rest of your weekend :):)

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Fredericas always thanks for the relaxing yet engaging, flowing yet challenging drive. Not to mention your unique ability to understand the requirements of everyone from an absolute newbie to the more advanced members and prioritizing in the best way.  The sands were quite firm this time so we had long spells of good movement, I think all of us had a really great time. 

@Davie Chase thanks for the calm and steady support, as also @Rizwanm2. Although even the absolute newbies were so steady that you didnt get to practice recovery skills much. However still got the opportunity to see a good demonstration of a winch recovery. And great team work from the rest of the convoy, was great to see so many small kids fully enjoying the moment, as only they can. 

All in, made for a enjoyable and relaxing drive. Thanks for the company everyone and look forward to meeting you on the sands next time!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Frederic said:

DRIVE REPORT

The area around Faqa is well known, but even though i have been there many times, i still discover new places and areas, and for this reason it's one of my favorite places to go offroading.

We met up around 7.30 with most people arriving earlier so they had ample time to deflate, set up the flags, and enjoy the sunrise . Some new faces like @Dorian Zissi @sohinik @Natalia Koryakovtseva and @Ahmad Quadri who joined us for the first time and drove superb for their first drive !! 

The weather was pleasant and the company / convoy even more so. We had our bit of shoveling, and even tested christened Davie his winch for the perfect occasion. 

I kept the terrain difficulty rather easy as our convoy was very long, but never felt that someone is holding us back. All of you did amazing this morning. The brilliant support from @Rizwanm2 and @Davie Chase made sure that whenever we hit an issue, it was swiftly and professionally dealt with. 

@Joseph Sebastian we drove many times together, and i really like your calm and mature approach to offroading and your kills., and i could not have asked for a better second lead. Thank you for that !

At the end of the drive, i had to quickly rush to go and pickup my daughter. Sorry if i failed to greet you all before heading back onto the tarmac. I hope to see you all soon in the sand again !

First of all what an amazing drive

amazing lead, amazing support and amazing carnity members.

like how we never forget out first's of our life our fist friend, first job or even first breakup. this was my fist carnity drive which I will never forget not only because its my first but also because how it was designed and implemented to be more specific

very good and detailed briefing was done by @Frederic and we started our drive with high spirits.

i had my first stuck and yes it was not a very good feeling but everyone was so patient and calm with me. they helped me recover the car with self recovery.  a beautiful blend of dunes along with good weather was amazing which added to the beautiful experience. @Davie Chase thank you for helping me get out of the sticky situation. thank you @Frederic for the encouragement. when I was loosing confidence.

Made new friends and some beautiful memories. 

until next week. aadious amigos 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thank you everyone- that was an amazing first experience for me!! Truly enjoyed the ride and some challenging moments:)

Special thanks to @Frederic and @Davie Chase  for all helpful tips and guidance!

Until the next time!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Frederic said:

DRIVE REPORT

It was an absolute pleasure to be on this drive - and I totally loved it. 

I have gained a lot of confidence in my car after this drive 😛 .

hopefully will see you guys regularly now :) 

Thankyou @Frederic @Davie Chase@Rizwanm2for the clear guidance and instructions and keeping everyone on track. 

7E3CB4C5-E502-4C8F-BE8C-E2AA635BF587.jpeg

20 hours ago, Davie Chase said:

@Frederic thank you for the fantastic Newbie drive this morning, it is always a pleasure to support you and learn from you on each and every drive.

@Joseph Sebastian Great second lead you kept us all moving fluently behind Freddie well-done.

@Natalia Koryakovtseva@sohinik@Ahmad Quadri@Dorian Zissi@L. Petelczyc@Sammy Six @babaski@Arsalan Ehsan@Juan R@essam ibrahim@Ahmad Mehwi@FARAZ MOHAMMED@Tom V@Naim Aoun you guys drove amazingly well with very few stucks and refusals. This was a fantastic achievement especially given the fact that we had 4 Absolute newbies @Dorian Zissi @sohinik @Natalia Koryakovtseva @Ahmad Quadri i hope you all enjoyed the drive as much as we did and learnt oodles from the experience. I hope to see you all in the sand again very soon as we move along the Offroad enthusiast journey gaining Knowledge, Skills and Experience along the way.

Thank you @sohinik for allowing me to christen my new winch, that made me very happy to finally find out that it worked and to justify the spend :)

@Rizwanm2 brilliant support from you and fantastic to get to finally meet you.

Some drive stats from todays GAIA GPS 

image.png.c2603a69469d2f4dc39b1032b6586329.png

image.png.b84b3a0723617bca6e988e4c6f66bcb3.png

image.png.3844c32f79031187e06287fe4ba76935.png

image.png.2469b02a669b121060c273c5540e2d50.png

Have a great rest of your weekend :):)

Thanks @Davie Chase - adding the app should be in the newbie briefing - the first trip becomes more memorable and the track becomes a part of memorabilia  - is there a way to share this drive so I can dwell more into the stats. 

I got to know about this in the break we took and I switched it on from there but would have been great if I knew it at the start. 

But awesome stuff :) 

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use