•  
Advertise here

Lift kit or no kit?

Benjamin

Hi @Benjamin this is a touchy subject especially for Jeepers. I personally feel that there is no need of a lift or not even a skid plate. But it is of benefit to have a firmer suspension which will allow you to negotiate bumpier terrains. For me I tried to change shocks from stock one without a lift but as i understand most of the shocks available for wrangler can only be installed with a lift kit. but if you are doing a lift then tires will have to be changed as well, so it's never ending. For the time being, I have decided not to do anything and keep it as stock.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

17 minutes ago, Vaibhav said:

@Benjamin I did the most modification before joining carnity. If I would have joined carnity first I would not require. Even for intermediate drives. Wranglers are very capable cars. I have a 2.5 inch lift and I still get the belly rubbed. Once you start spending,there is no end. Even at intermediate we have stock cars like @Anoop Nairwho has been driving at high pace and bigger dunes without any worries. If you worried for stuck and refusal that can happen with a lift also. If lifted definitely you will require spacers or -offset rims. And may be some bigger tires. Suggestion I can give you is to get the axle reinforcement done . 

@Vaibhav Thanks for the advice I will look into the axle reinforcement for sure, on revaluation I'm not going to go for the lift kit as all these added costs come out far more expensive to what I expected. However, your point on reinforcement is what I'm looking for, as getting refusals are all part of the fun personally, I learn from them. 

My only concern is damage to the car so reinforcement is definitely what I'm looking for 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Anoop Nair said:

Hi @Benjamin this is a touchy subject especially for Jeepers. I personally feel that there is no need of a lift or not even a skid plate. But it is of benefit to have a firmer suspension which will allow you to negotiate bumpier terrains. For me I tried to change shocks from stock one without a lift but as i understand most of the shocks available for wrangler can only be installed with a lift kit. but if you are doing a lift then tires will have to be changed as well, so it's never ending. For the time being, I have decided not to do anything and keep it as stock.  

@Anoop Nair I totally agree with you, in the future any other modifications I want to implement are to just reinforce the Jeep without any difference in height, I believe I could look into just installing falcon shocks to enhance my ability to navigate such terrain. Thank you for the great insight. The Jeep support really helps guys cheers!

Edited by Benjamin
  • Like (+1) 1

@BenjaminI have a 2022 Jeep Rubicon and I got a 2.5 inch lift, BP51 suspension and 35 inch tyres. I also had it regeared and tuned.

Before the mods, I had done a few drives in the stock setup and honestly speaking the car was superb. 

For me however, the fun of buying a Jeep is all the customization you can do to it. It looks so much better and obviously drives better on sand. Are the mods necessary? Definitely not. Is the car more fun after the mods? Hell yeah!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Pranjal Varsani1 said:

@BenjaminI have a 2022 Jeep Rubicon and I got a 2.5 inch lift, BP51 suspension and 35 inch tyres. I also had it regeared and tuned.

Before the mods, I had done a few drives in the stock setup and honestly speaking the car was superb. 

For me however, the fun of buying a Jeep is all the customization you can do to it. It looks so much better and obviously drives better on sand. Are the mods necessary? Definitely not. Is the car more fun after the mods? Hell yeah!

@Pranjal Varsani1 agreed I had my fun with customization haha got some retro stripes going up the side and a hula girl on the dash board 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

My suggestion would be for you to reach till Intermediate Level before you ponder over the subject once again.

Guys with long wheelbase Jeeps; when they reach intermediate level - they fall to "not to lift" side of the decision ridge and the short wheelbase guys tend to go for the "lift" side due to its departure angle. At Intermediate level I took the plunge and lifted my Jeep, and it is the most appropriate time for you to decide, as you are well versed in the capabilities of the car as well as suiting your aptitude & driving style. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

@Looper I agree, when I get there, I will probably ponder over the subject again. 

But I have a long way to go before I find myself making that decision, thanks for the info.

Maybe for the long wheelbase it's best to just stay stock for as long as possible, as for in the sand I'm not finding any issues yet with how the car handles and most days I'm surprised just what the Jeep is capable of I'm sure everyone in the jeep community agrees as well. 🙃

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

The only issue you will ever face with stock suspension in my opinion is while ridge riding, car will rub the sand on the top of the ridge. In the initial days you will have a few refusals, but as you master it, you will not face any issues nor feel the requirement to upgrade.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 minute ago, Looper said:

The only issue you will ever face with stock suspension in my opinion is while ridge riding, car will rub the sand on the top of the ridge. In the initial days you will have a few refusals, but as you master it, you will not face any issues nor feel the requirement to upgrade.

Yeah true. And I do get the rubbing now. But I do have a Skid plate on the front, so don't see much of an issue for the future of off-roading, my main concern was damage to the undercarriage, but taking care will help with that, I think all will be great :)

everyone's advice is truly appreciated you guys have saved me a lot of money that I've been saving 😂

• Like (+1) 1

Sand does nothing to jeeps... i don't even have an air dam, which was there only for aerodynamics.

• Like (+1) 3