•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Celebrating the year of rabbit with Tune Squad II - Faqa - Dubai - 29 Jan 2023

Varun Mehndiratta

8 hours ago, Chris Wing said:

Thanks varun;) confirmed, would be nice to do sweep if possible:p

Let’s see haven’t reviewed the convoy order yet, in general I always plan for a rotation in convoy order through the drive. Hopefully will be able to plan something this time around as well. 

• Like (+1) 2

Dear Tune Squad

Sun is already shining bright and forecast looks amazing for tomo. 

I have some engagement later in eve today, so here's the convoy order and other key details for the drive. In case of any changes we will address it during our briefing. 

Meeting Time : 7am (sharp without any exception)

Tune Squad will be communicating on Radio Channel 3, ensure your radios are fully charged and so are you :) 

Meeting Location : https://goo.gl/maps/WbWFK5iwurzey1dF8

Faqa in general has an extra terrestrial mystery to it and with rain its really going to be some nice fun. So ensure you are well rested and well hydrated as this terrain will surely test the best of our skills and attention. We surely don’t want this -

3853E92E-1517-4D2F-9E36-4C77DE3F50F1.gif.54cf0a1899728218ecfa171688d65e91.gif.2fcd587963e7dfaacc3fcf3e738a733d.gif  

Tune Squad Order - We have very good mix of rides, driver experience in our convoy. Being a long convoy and with this mix, we will follow the platoon concept. Those who have driven earlier with me am sure know it, for rest, will share the details during our briefing. Also, if all goes good, will see if we can have a rotation in convoy order through the drive, so that all can experience being at diff position and fun it brings with it.

1. Varun in Rubicon 

2. @Jona in FJC will be our SL

3. @Pierre de Maigret in FJC

4.  @Chris Wing in FJC will be our 1st Platoon leader.

5. @Richard Franks in Red Wrangler 

6.  @Patrick van der Loo in black jeep 

7. @Davie Chase in his Red Rubicon will be our 2nd Platoon leader as well as CF for the drive.

8. @Felix Obst in his white wrangler

9. @Brett Eicher have heard so many stories of this awesome Red Cherry, looking forward to check what's under that hood :)

10. @Imteeaz with his Super Safari will be our 3rd Platoon leader.

11. @Ali Abas adds the bling to convoy with his Lexus

12. @Beide Worku  on his F150 will sweep the squad.

See you all there tomo. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Wow, it was a lovely morning drive we had yesterday - weather, rides and riders, the terrain  were all just perfect for the Tune Squad drive. Faqa is my fav area to lead drives in Dubai - this drive if not the best is surely at par with the best ones I have led in this areas across all levels. 

Starting off cautiously we spent 30 min to judge the terrain. However, once the convoy was all warmed up there was just no stopping us. We covered 62Km in 2.5Hour of moving time, while traversing through endless long ridges and lovely bowls. I stopped counting after 50th ridge, as it wasn’t about the number anymore but the ln of these ridges that made it so much fun. On couple of ridges, we actually had the whole convoy on a ridge - was truly a sight to relish. Ofcourse the rain and compacted sand helped, but nothing can take away the skill everyone in convoy showed throughout the drive. 

Thanks @Davie Chase with you in the center well supported by our other platoon leaders @Imteeaz and @Chris Wing I could focus all my energy on the terrain and making the route better. 

@Jona and @Brett Eicher you both were perfect SL. It surely wasn’t easy yesterday with rain affected terrain and strange pockets and bumps all over the place. You followed the instructions promptly and managed to guide the convoy well. 

Thanks @Beide Workufor keeping the convoy togather. 

@Patrick van der Loo @Pierre de Maigret @Richard Franks @Felix Obst @Ali Abas it was a perfect day on sand for all. Your control with the car and skill set ensured that i could continously push the drive level - it surely ended as a FB++ drive level and credit goes to each one of you. The fact that shovels left the cars just once in the whole drive is testament to the skill set of this convoy. 

Thanks all, looking forward to see you all soon. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

what an awesome drive@Varun Mehndiratta, that was some serious ridge riding. My passenger had the adrenalin seriously going! 
big thanks @Beide Workufor the sweep ,  @Brett Eicher for helping out with the repairs and @Davie Chasewith the air hose and the advice during and after the drive. Your contact already has a new hose fabricated in the right material and connections. 
wow! Great day! 

6BD2B318-7506-471B-83B8-464802753ED2.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you very much for organising this drive @Varun Mehndiratta A fantastic way to spend the morning - that wet sand was surely a different driving experience! The convoy was amazing... very large, but just kept pushing through the whole adventure.

Glad the hose got sorted @Patrick van der Loo probably a better plan than rebuilding with sub-par materials/connections 😅

• Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use