•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - The Blind Drive: no maps, around Lisaili and Murqab - Dubai - 28 Jan 2023

Ale Vallecchi

8 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts,

latest info in preparation for the drive.

MEETING POINT - Will be just past Murqab's mosque, right off the exit on the Dubai-Al Ain Road. Considering the number of drivers, we'll have Convoy 1 lining up on the RIGHTside of the road, and Convoy 2 (@Vanessa8580's) on the LEFT side of the road. As soon as you reach, please start deflating and mount your flags.

RADIO CHANNELS - Please set your radios as follows: CONVOY 1 on Channel #2 (446.031), and CONVOY 2 on Channel #3 (446.056).

CONVOY ORDER

The following are the members signed up with CONVOY 1, who will line up as follows:

@Jaro Tuzinsky in Second Lead

@Ishak at #3

@Stan at #4

@Bravoecho #5

@Gary F at #6

@Senthil Kumar will be drive as Center

@Frans M at #8

@Abdul Basit Khan at #9

@Adam James #10

@Stumpy Paj at #11, and 

@Dodi Syahdar will take the Sweep's position

CONVOY 2, lead by @Vanessa8580, with the support of @Lawrence_Chehimi, will line up according to the order that the Lead will establish, and will communicate on site, prior to departure. The members in Convoy 2 are the following:

@FARAZ MOHAMMED, @Andrei S, @Sebb, @Krishna R, @Murtaza Bhuria, @Naim Aoun, @Shahid Mehmood, @Yaseen87, @DanielN and @Ahmad Nerat.

It looks like it will be an interesting drive, on an unusual terrain, heavily soaked with the current rains, even though the day is forecasted to be sunny and pleasant. Looking forward to seeing all of you at Murqab. Have a nice end of the week.

Looking forward to this drive.

Ready to overcome new challenges. 👍

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Senthil Kumar said:

@Ale Vallecchi, having some commitments on Saturday, hope u all will enjoy the drive 

Sorry @Senthil Kumar. I mistakenly listed you in the drive 🤓...my bad. Enjoy your weekend. 

Dear Desertnauts:

@Jaro Tuzinsky, @Gary F, @Sunil Mathew, @Abdul Basit Khan, @Stumpy Paj, @Ishak, @Frans M, @Adam James, @Bravoecho@Stan, @Ahmad Nerat      @FARAZ MOHAMMED@Andrei S @DanielN@Sebb, @Krishna R, @Murtaza Bhuria @Naim Aoun, @Shahid Mehmood , @Yaseen87, @Vanessa8580 and @Lawrence_Chehimi

For those wondering about the weather conditions, YES THE DRIVE IS ON, rain or shine. The clouds will move East from later this evening.

I will post the forecast for the Dubai area below. 

See you all tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

55 minutes ago, Dimitrios Kalogirou said:

Hey team! @Vanessa8580 I had an injury at the gym a while ago and twisted my ankle. I won’t be able to join you tomorrow. I’m really sorry and hoping to drive with you soon 🙏🙏

@Dimitrios Kalogirou take care of self buddy and get well soon. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use