•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Lisaili BlackBeast Returns - Dubai - 5 Feb 2023

Islam Soliman

image.png.8347e1d854f90105b933622b37ca499b.png

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Absolute Newbie, Newbie and above

When:  5 Feb 2023, Sunday

Meeting time:  7:30 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: LisailiFort https://goo.gl/maps/ZikRWU1YYas968yT9

Approximate finish time: 11:30 AM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 12 cars only.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Color, and Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience? If yes, pls share details.
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks/eyelets.
  • Advise if you don’t have a programable radio and safety flag.
  • MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 2

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Lisaili BlackBeast Returns - Dubai - 5 Feb 2023

Welcome @Jesper Weltström  to @Carnity and thanks for your interest in joining this drive. Due to no history of previous Carnity drives this is considered your Absolute Newbie drive.

Accordingly appreciate your swift response on the below listed points:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year and Color.
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets.
  • Confirm your car has 4x4 Hi/Low gear
  • Share details of your prior off-road experience, if any.
  • Have you completed a Carnity Master Class before?
  • Confirm you have a safety flag and programmable radio
  • Also before the drive, please ensure and CONFIRM you completed the readingsbelow and watched the video:

Important links:

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEOBRIEFING

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Islam Soliman said:

Welcome @Jesper Weltström  to @Carnity and thanks for your interest in joining this drive. Due to no history of previous Carnity drives this is considered your Absolute Newbie drive.

Accordingly appreciate your swift response on the below listed points:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year and Color.
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets.
  • Confirm your car has 4x4 Hi/Low gear
  • Share details of your prior off-road experience, if any.
  • Have you completed a Carnity Master Class before?
  • Confirm you have a safety flag and programmable radio
  • Also before the drive, please ensure and CONFIRM you completed the readingsbelow and watched the video:

Important links:

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEOBRIEFING

Helle there 

I'll be driving a Black Jeep wrangler JK 

It's fitted for the desert and I have been out with a different group around 10 times. So I can confirm all requirements. 

Looking forward!

• Well Done (+2) 1

Dear @Davie Chase @george charbel @Usman Basit @Jesper Weltström @lucas amat @Ben Lee @Misha Puskar @James Lovell @babaski @Fabien Monleau

Below please find the key prep points so we are all ready for our Sunday morning adventure:

Pre-drive details below:

• Be ready at the meeting point by 7:30am (or before) with tires deflated (Front 14psi Rear 13psi) and flag erected
  • Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged and set to Channel 1 (446,006)
  • Briefing will be done on the sand before we start moving
  • Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and there are no moving objects 
  • Please check all car fluids, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.
  • please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all necessary gear for this drive level specially your tire deflator, pressure gauge and a compressor, safety flag and radio. (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)
  • MeetingPoint:  LisailiFort https://goo.gl/maps/ZikRWU1YYas968yT9
  • Convoy Order:
  • image.png.dfe358ec76a0575f990c0c0e18bf22bf.png
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Islam Soliman Salaams and Greetings, I have an event tonight and trying to consider to be able to make it in morning.
Will be grateful if you can push me back to waitlist and give anyone wanting to join first till closure of this group.
I will check back late night, if no one has joined and if you have added me back in list then ill come over. Hope this may be fine and acceptable.

Edited by Juzer Gandhi
  • Like (+1) 1

@Islam Soliman, @James Lovell wonderful drive indeed, excellent track mix chosen. Thoroughly enjoyed it. @Davie Chase, @Fabien Monleau thanks for covering the convoy so amazingly well.

This was a flowing drive. All were driving nice and fluidly. Will look forward to seeing you all again.

@Islam Soliman appreciate the acceptance to join quite late yesterday. 
Thanks once more to all to make this a memorable morning.

Edited by Juzer Gandhi
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Islam Solimantold us, at the briefing, that he could be the first one to get stacked. An unexpected pocket behind a dune and as a real Leader, he did what he said 😉Once again, I was relief not to be the first one 🤣

A quick recovery, beautifully managed by @Davie Chase and the convoy was back on track. Certainly helped by hard sand after the heavy rains and the professional lead of @Islam Soliman , this Newbie convoy drove perfectly well in between Lisali and Al Quadra, with few shoveling, leaving the Support Team almost useless 😭

I really enjoyed driving with you this morning and hope to drive with you again.

Have a lovely week 😉

14FC92B8-42FC-4482-B129-BEEA3ADF4F4B.jpeg

F2CA3795-348D-43C7-87C9-608B520F5DDD.jpeg

75376937-7940-4780-ABFF-BF6B64ECB2B0.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use