•  

Two Day Fewbie Plus Overlanding Expedition - Tracing The Tropic Of Cancer - Abu Dhabi - 18 to 19 Feb 2023

Frederic

2 hours ago, munkybizness said:

Given the 5am start and that we'll be doing the first 53 km from Ghayati on tarmac, I think it's probably wise to not venture too far in for camping and inflate again in the morning. I'm thinking I'll just park on a side-street and catch some zzzs in the car.

We will be taking the hotel option, too much hassle with camping given the early start. Plus, we will get a shot for our camping addiction on Day1 and maybe Day2 anyway.

• Like (+1) 4

Regretfully, i have to withdraw from the drive. Still got a few things to sort with the motor and wont be back in dubai now till thursday. Want to avoid a last minute cancellation and give someone on the waitlist opportunity to prepare! Im sure it will be a great one! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

42 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Regretfully, i have to withdraw from the drive. Still got a few things to sort with the motor and wont be back in dubai now till thursday. Want to avoid a last minute cancellation and give someone on the waitlist opportunity to prepare! Im sure it will be a great one! 

Sorry to hear that @Rob S ! 
@Ashutosh Garg you’re the first in the waitlist, kindly confirm you can make it so I can add you.

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

24 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Sorry to hear that @Rob S ! 
@Ashutosh Garg you’re the first in the waitlist, kindly confirm you can make it so I can add you.

@Frederic Yes please add me. Excited and looking forward! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Good morning all !

@Gaurav@GauravSoni@Naveen Raj@AlexM@Beide Worku@Ranjan Das@munkybizness@Foxtrot Oscar@Simon D@Ashutosh Garg@Srikumar@JeromeFJ

Thanks for signing up for this expedition !

As mentioned on the drive topic, this will be an overlanding drive with the aim of staying as much as possible on the TOC line, (max 500m deviation), except where we are forced due to fences or underpasses.

This also means this cannot be considered as a dune bashing drive where we hop from one bowl into another bowl. Of course, if we come across some nice bowls on the TOC line we will gladly enjoy them :) 

This week i hope you all prepare yourselves and your trusty 4x4. As mentioned on the drive topic please take note of the following things below:

• Maximum of one passenger allowed - No exceptions and trip lead will send you back.
    • Make sure that passenger has no fear of heights, motion sickness and have been to full-day off-road drives before.
  • Everything in your car should be strapped and secured - All vehicles will be checked by the trip lead.

Drive Preparation: 

• Your car should be in 100% pristine working condition, so double or triple check everything.
  • Full-size spare tire with a lug wrench to match your wheel nut size and its depth.
    • For aftermarket rims - Your lug wrench also needs to match the wheel nut depth.
  • 5-10 liter of water per person per day.
  • Snacks for breakfast, lunch, dinner and next day breakfast/lunch.
  • Keep your car as light as possible by packing what is truly essential.
  • 2 Fully charged radios with spare battery and all other required off-road gears.
  • Gas tank and required number of jerry cans should be full upon arrival.

Fuel requirement:

• 6 Cyl cars = 100 Liter (Minimum) - 120 Liter (for more fuel-guzzling cars)
  • 8 Cyl cars = 120 Liter (Minimum) - 140 Liter (for more fuel-guzzling cars)
  • Carry an additional required number of jerry cans based on your car fuel tank capacity.

If you are not sure about your RSVP, please re-confirm and check as we have some people in the waitlist.

Enjoy the rest of the week !

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

14 minutes ago, AlexM said:

Hi @Frederic - is it safe to assume that we will be able to grab some firewood from Adnoc at the end of Day1?

or drag a dead tree and chop the firewood - more of expedition style.

I did that once long ago in Oman mountain, and it was super fun.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

4 hours ago, Ranjan Das said:

Hi @Frederic, point on additional fuel is well noted. However, will we be in the vicinity of any fuel station end of day 1 or thereabouts and can do a quick detour to top up the tanks?

Hi Ranjan, yes we will planning on going to the below ADNOC to refuel, either at the end of day 1 in the evening, or in the early morning of Day2. This will ensure we can all start day 2 with a full tank again.

https://goo.gl/maps/ChPFSo6mZ1M5W6HU6

5 hours ago, AlexM said:

Hi @Frederic - is it safe to assume that we will be able to grab some firewood from Adnoc at the end of Day1?

That will depend if we can reach it before end of day :) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use