•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - "Cheap thrills - its a month end drive"- Qudra - Dubai - 25 Feb 2023

Varun Mehndiratta

2 minutes ago, Yaseen87 said:

Thx @Varun Mehndiratta for this reminder as it slipped my mind it was a fewbie plus drive which is worth getting up 30 mins earlier! I have withdrawn my WL from your drive and moved to @JeromeFJ. Hope to see you on a future drive

That’s great @Yaseen87 njoi the ride and new level 👍👍

Hi @Frans M since it’s your only ride I will extend the convoy to add you to the same. Please confirm your availability. 

• Like (+1) 2

Ahoy Sand Sailors

Been a crazy week with back to back events at work. Need a NICE fast paced detox drive - hope you are all ready to roll?

Final plan and convoy order for the drive is as below. 

Meeting Time: With sun starting to riser earlier, I have moved meeting time to 6:45am - don’t want to lose a minute. So please be on time.

Channel:2

Convoy Order:

1. Varun - Rubicon

2. @Frans M - Swb LC

3. @Sayed Bilal - Safari

4. @Rajat Verma - White wrangler

5. @rohit kumar f150

6. @Juzer Gandhi black pajero

7. @Tharun Kumar V pajero

8. @Ishak white pajero

9. @Ahmad Nerat Land Cruiser 

10. @Gary F - sandrunner

11. @Pranjal Varsani1 Rubicon

12. @Mark B Gladiator

13. @Karthik Raptor Raptor

See you all tomo. 

• Like (+1) 7

Dear Sand Sailors

Thanks for joining in for the drive today. It was a beautiful Sunday morning and your company made it for an Epic drive. I have been planning this route for a long time and as it was supposed to be, needed some really courageous drivers to make it through. Thanks a lot for your energy and patience that kept me going. 

All (other than @Sayed Bilal) were there at the meeting point well before time and by 7am we were already set to roll. As it turned out, conservation area had built a nest around our planned route and it had eggs so we diverted our track. and after a quick briefing were rolling towards our planned destination.

First half of the drive was pure bliss with almost silent radio and whole convoy elegantly tip toeing through vegetation, smoothly sailing through the side slopes and enjoying themselves on long beautiful ridges. Passing by Emperor’s lake and crescent lake, within 1hr 45 min we crossed the mid point with min refusals and believe only stoppage being need to reinflate@Juzer Gandhi Pajero. Very nicely driven Juzer, just a bit more responsive on radio and do get your Tyres checked (and plz spare tyre of same size is mandatory requirement at this level). 
It was thereon that the real fun started.  In endeavor to avoid some vegetation as we entered the tech patch we had our first long stoppage - and out comes @Ahmad Nerat smiling ear to ear, celebrating his first pop out - loved your attitude throughout the drive my friend, you brought in amazing energy to the drive.
Thanks to all, we fixed it in no time just to realize that upset from being relinquished from SL position, @Frans M car was up for some revenge time. And what followed next was a continous battle between a few good men and this machine. Ofcourse the battle cry from LC angered other cars as well and we had flurry of stucks and refusals that continued till the end.  

Ofcourse the courage of Frans couldnt have been shaken and @Karthik Raptor was redefining the term patience at every step. All refusals were handled smoothly and all stucks self recovered using at most shovels. Very well done and thanks for your support Karthik and thanks to @Tharun Kumar V as well for extending his support whenever required.  

Finally, just 5 min late (than planned), we managed to find our way out Victorious and being the only FB convoy to have completed this route (at least to best of my knowledge over last year or so). Though the terrain appeared easy, the vegetation, soft sand, continous mix of tech and long range ensured it was a test of patience, determination and skill set of each driver - and you all did really well. Ofcourse I didn’t make it any easy by shuffling the convoy order continuously - which again you all handled it really well - minor stucks and refusals are expected with these changes. 

@Ishak and @Frans M thanks for nicely executing the SL position. 
 @Pranjal Varsani1  @Mark B you both had perfect drives, very well done. 
@Gary F it was a real Gladiator performance 👍 @Rajat Verma - seems the experience of handling NCR ROADS during your break, kept you in sync with bumpy dunes. Very well driven. 

@rohit kumar you have come a long way in your handling of this machine since we first met. Really good job. 

It was surely a thrilling drive - true to the theme, the Cheap part of the title I leave it you all to decide 😀😀

Thanks again for joining in for the drive, hope to see you all sometime soon. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use