•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - "Cheap thrills - its a month end drive"- Qudra - Dubai - 25 Feb 2023

Varun Mehndiratta

10 minutes ago, Gary F said:

@Varun Mehndiratta I have always used the off-road plus mode , the only useful part I find off road + is throttle response, with one button it turns off traction control ,makes the go pedal more sensitive. Turns on the off road page screen, seeing the gauges is nice at times,  or the angle of a slope on a steep descent, (I feel the screen is more gimmick as eyes  should be concentrated on situational awareness) and changes the gear profiles in D.

Although at times it does hang around in 1st too long, hence at times I’ll manually go to 2nd or my favourite is when it decides on a long climb to change into 3rd and losers all power :) near the top.

this drive it behaved well and I rarely passed 3,000 RPM

Cool I plan to try it sometime soon … perhaps we make it to sweihan sometime in coming weeks and explore it. Yes the fact it stayed longer in Gear 1 is the main thing about off road plus I have heard from other drivers, which is something really good for steep climbs 👍

Also check your fuel consumption as those who have been using it shared fuel consumption goes up crazy. Last drive I consumed a bit less than a quarter of tank during drive, just as a reference. Again gladiator and rubicon are diff plus the driving style make a diff, but still to compare. 

• Like (+1) 3

@Varun Mehndiratta

Wonderful drive and route taken! There was quite a bit of fauna seen along the way. Qudra always has breathtaking scenery.

How you managed with the sand and the wind in your vehicle amazed me dear. It was quite rough at times.

I perfectly will take note and improve on my radio communication. Thanks for the advice. And will immediately get the tires replaced. Will no longer push my luck now. That scare was enough.

@Frans M , @Ishak, great in the SL roles.

@Tharun Kumar V Your support in the centre was rock solid bro, and congrats for the new level up. Thanks for noticing the drop in pressure.

@Ahmad Nerat , You managing the LC the in the tight terrain was amazing.

@Mark B , @Pranjal Varsani1, @Gary F, @Rajat Verma, @rohit kumar - The big boys with mean machines, amazing convoy, it was a pleasure seeing you all.

@Karthik Raptor commendable sweep, we all were assured having you dear.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Yes seems like both will work but will definitely try out the 4 wheels PT and see the difference might help with the gladiator as it’s light and the back and if the back is doing the pushing would be prone to losing traction. 
so let’s see! 
@garyf I’m sure those gadgets come more handy for rock crawling as it’s slow pace! 
I don’t have off road plus in the sport but I added a throttle control which I love! It’s best 500aed I’ve spent on the truck, obviously doesn’t make it faster but does make it more responsive

• Like (+1) 1

@Varun Mehndiratta last few drives I've probably used just over a 1/4 tank. @Mark B  Jeep probably added this feature because of the market in these devices, if it ever gets turned off if feels like there is so much less power but I'm just not pressing hard enough. I really like the responsiveness too.

I was curious about Jeep vehicle weights, found PDF specification sheets on the below pages.

Wrangler Sport 1890kg ( @Benjamin 366 kg lighter than my Gladiator)

Wrangler Rubicon 2018kg (4-door I'm assuming with regular roof and doors installed, 2-door is only 116kg lighter)

Gladiator Sport 2119kg

Gladiator Mojave(Sandrunner) 2256kg

Stellantis 2023 Product Information - Jeep®: Wrangler (stellantis-na-product-media.info)

Stellantis 2023 Product Information - Jeep®: Gladiator (stellantis-na-product-media.info)

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Gary F said:

@Varun Mehndiratta last few drives I've probably used just over a 1/4 tank. @Mark B  Jeep probably added this feature because of the market in these devices, if it ever gets turned off if feels like there is so much less power but I'm just not pressing hard enough. I really like the responsiveness too.

I was curious about Jeep vehicle weights, found PDF specification sheets on the below pages.

Wrangler Sport 1890kg ( @Benjamin 366 kg lighter than my Gladiator)

Wrangler Rubicon 2018kg (4-door I'm assuming with regular roof and doors installed, 2-door is only 116kg lighter)

Gladiator Sport 2119kg

Gladiator Mojave(Sandrunner) 2256kg

Stellantis 2023 Product Information - Jeep®: Wrangler (stellantis-na-product-media.info)

Stellantis 2023 Product Information - Jeep®: Gladiator (stellantis-na-product-media.info)

Wow that’s a bit of additional wt. I can assure you after a few more drive (especially at higher level) you will find the FB drives not really needing much power from car.

It’s a continous learning curve. I recall after my first FB Drive, I even took vehicle to garage to get it checked on throttle response - a few week or so later, it was clear - was me not the vehicle 😀

Try a drive in Sweihan or Shuwaib if you get a chance - trying a few high climbs, will change quite a bit in your handling of vehicle. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 2/26/2023 at 9:11 AM, Gary F said:

Key items for me, when going for ridge riding, probably due to the long wheelbase, I need a higher angle then to get that first wheel over the crest. 

@Gary F came across a perfect example of how to and how not to approach a ridge. Check the approach angle of first car vis a vis second one (that failed and it’s good it failed as only way for him was counter steering which would have been super dangerous)

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpLBT2vvVDg/?igshid=MjkzY2Y1YTY=

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Great example @Varun Mehndiratta , you would think copious plume of sand would be a sign to abort sooner.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gary F said:

Great example @Varun Mehndiratta , you would think copious plume of sand would be a sign to abort sooner.

By the time of sand it’s already late … 😀

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use