•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Al Batayeh - Sharjah - 4 Mar 2023

JeromeFJ

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie and above

When:  4th March 2023, Saturday

Meeting time:  6:30 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/cV6h7wBMa7DobRVE9

Action Plan:  Starting from Al Batayeh exploring the northern part of the Emirates into Ras al Khaimah. Don't expect high climbs or crazy dune bashing. It will be a leisurely exploration of the desert, with some very scenic portions with mountains in the background, and a lot of desert life to observe. We will use tracks from time to time, but all your sand driver skills and awareness will be required to cross some soft untouched dunes.

The drive will end in RAK.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Recommended off-road gears: Walkie-talkie radio and off-road flag (MANDATORY), plus tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Bravoecho said:

Missed this by a second and was really looking forward to this drive too.

On the waitlist and standing by 😁

#1 on WL on Monday evening, you have good chances 😉

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

As you can see, we have a long waitlist for the drive on Saturday morning, and unfortunately, I will not be able to accommodate everyone. I will take max 2 cars in addition to the limit (1+10+2). Check your agenda and if you are not sure to attend, please let me know or remove your RSVP, to avoid having empty spot on Saturday morning. 

So currently @Bashar Beasha @Stumpy Paj @Abdul Basit Khan @Juan R @Joseph Raju @Gary F @Glenn W @Sayed Bilal @Frans M @Ahmad Nerat confirmed attendees. No need to confirm again, just let me know if you cannot make it.

@Bravoecho @Stan Waitlist #1 and #2 for a first weekend drive accepted. Please confirm you are still available and interested.

Thank you for your understanding

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, JeromeFJ said:

As you can see, we have a long waitlist for the drive on Saturday morning, and unfortunately, I will not be able to accommodate everyone. I will take max 2 cars in addition to the limit (1+10+2). Check your agenda and if you are not sure to attend, please let me know or remove your RSVP, to avoid having empty spot on Saturday morning. 

So currently @Bashar Beasha @Stumpy Paj @Abdul Basit Khan @Juan R @Joseph Raju @Gary F @Glenn W @Sayed Bilal @Frans M @Ahmad Nerat confirmed attendees. No need to confirm again, just let me know if you cannot make it.

@Bravoecho @Stan Waitlist #1 and #2 for a first weekend drive accepted. Please confirm you are still available and interested.

Thank you for your understanding

Hi @JeromeFJ, yes I am available and interested. Thank you very much

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Hi @JeromeFJcan’t make it at this point. Looking forward to joining next week. Have a nice drive

Noted @Stan, thank you

@Ahmed Wagdy, you are next in line. Are you still available and interested ?

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, JeromeFJ said:

@Mike M., you are next in line for the wait list. I can add you if you are still interested. Please confirm

Thanks for consideration @JeromeFJ but I am opting out from driving this week as I sprained my hand yesterday night. Would love to drive with you soon though as it has been a while! Thanks again 

• Sad (0) 1

Important Information

Terms of use