•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Lost Paradise: Ghantoot Loop - Dubai - 4 Mar 2023

Ale Vallecchi

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Newbie and above

When:  4 March 2023, Saturday

Meeting time:  8:00 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/Bj4BNXiubj7HKFm26

Action Plan: The area inland from Ghantoot, along E14, is seldom driven by off-roaders, yet it hides a trove of secret treasures, which make a desert trip worthwhile. We'll be looking for oryx, hopefully lots of them, roaming near a large feeding area, just north of the entry point, near the National Guard's barracks. They may be found around a few date palm groves, which magically rise from the sand, signaling long abandoned small farms. These groves often grow between long range dunes separated by hard clay rock formations, which look like small islands emerging from the sea of sand. A very interesting and diverse environment, perfect for a relaxing start of the weekend.

Approximate finish time: 12:00 PM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 12 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Like (+1) 2

• Ale Vallecchi changed the title to Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Lost Paradise: Ghantoot Loop - Dubai - 4 Mar 2023
21 hours ago, essam ibrahim said:

@Ale Vallecchi

good afternoon,please any update relating to the starting points location . 
With thanks 

Hello @essam ibrahim. The meeting point had just been published. Thanks a lot.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

see you all saturday. looking forward to it!

11 minutes ago, essam ibrahim said:

@Ale Vallecchi

good afternoon , thanks for your update , see you shortly . 

• Like (+1) 1

Dear @Ale, dear @FERNANDO SYRIO, since I've noticed this would be your first full drive with Carnity, I'd like to ask if you have also had other previous experiences in desert driving. Kindly make sure you are carrying a flag and a radio.

In preparation for Saturday's outing, please make sure to watch the 5 videos linked at the top of the drive's post, and review the following link:

Let me know of any questions you may have regarding the drive and/or your car, etc.

I'll be giving a technical briefing prior to our departure on Saturday, so that everyone in the convoy will be up to speed with the necessary skills and safety procedure that will ensure a successful drive.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear Desertnauts,

in preparation for Saturday's drive, a few notes to prepare yourselves. 

First of all, the meeting point will be just off E14, in front of the entrance of the National Guard's barracks, just inside Abu Dhabi territory (hence watch for speed cameras and remember not to exceed the speed limit as I know you would in Dubai). The area is technically still Ghantoot, but you will reach the meeting point driving in the direction of Al Faqa, hence away from Ghantoot. Just follow the Google Maps or Waze directions, and you should have no issues finding it.

The terrain, as described in the drive's announcement, is made of low dunes, many of them long range, with firm sand (most of the time), and presents various highlights, such as palm groves, clay rock formations, and possibly oryx herds. We'll drive around the dunes, make sure we know how to cross them straight on, possibly do some riding on flat top ridges, and perhaps practice some more advanced skills, based on the convoy's response.

I will give a detailed technical briefing about all the necessary skills and security provisions just after the start of the drive, so all members, including Absolute Newbies will feel comfortable. 

I will issue the convoy order tomorrow, just before the drive, after I evaluate a couple of possibilities, based on drivers' experience and type of car. The radio channel will also be announced tomorrow.

In the meantime, have a great end of the week.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

27 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @Ale, dear @FERNANDO SYRIO, since I've noticed this would be your first full drive with Carnity, I'd like to ask if you have also had other previous experiences in desert driving. Kindly make sure you are carrying a flag and a radio.

In preparation for Saturday's outing, please make sure to watch the 5 videos linked at the top of the drive's post, and review the following link:

Let me know of any questions you may have regarding the drive and/or your car, etc.

I'll be giving a technical briefing prior to our departure on Saturday, so that everyone in the convoy will be up to speed with the necessary skills and safety procedure that will ensure a successful drive.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for the message. Last week I had my first experience in the Master Class with Mr Asif. And yes I just bought the flag and the radio. For sure I will watch the videos. Thank you! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

24 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts,

in preparation for Saturday's drive, a few notes to prepare yourselves. 

First of all, the meeting point will be just off E14, in front of the entrance of the National Guard's barracks, just inside Abu Dhabi territory (hence watch for speed cameras and remember not to exceed the speed limit as I know you would in Dubai). The area is technically still Ghantoot, but you will reach the meeting point driving in the direction of Al Faqa, hence away from Ghantoot. Just follow the Google Maps or Waze directions, and you should have no issues finding it.

The terrain, as described in the drive's announcement, is made of low dunes, many of them long range, with firm sand (most of the time), and presents various highlights, such as palm groves, clay rock formations, and possibly oryx herds. We'll drive around the dunes, make sure we know how to cross them straight on, possibly do some riding on flat top ridges, and perhaps practice some more advanced skills, based on the convoy's response.

I will give a detailed technical briefing about all the necessary skills and security provisions just after the start of the drive, so all members, including Absolute Newbies will feel comfortable. 

I will issue the convoy order tomorrow, just before the drive, after I evaluate a couple of possibilities, based on drivers' experience and type of car. The radio channel will also be announced tomorrow.

In the meantime, have a great end of the week.

Hi I don't know very well the region. Could you please send the location in the way I can put in the google maps?

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use