•  
Advertise here

Running wire through the firewall Pajero GEN 4

Self installing (if i can work out this question) some side pod lights on the pajero.. and was wondering if anyone here has any good tips on where / which / how holes in the firewall it is appropriate to run switch wire through?

Likely i will go for a lot of overkill and install more and more lights in the future as funds allow... should i just be installing a large multi-core wire through and terminating the ends until i get extra lights/switches as needed?

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke said:

Self installing (if i can work out this question) some side pod lights on the pajero.. and was wondering if anyone here has any good tips on where / which / how holes in the firewall it is appropriate to run switch wire through?

Likely i will go for a lot of overkill and install more and more lights in the future as funds allow... should i just be installing a large multi-core wire through and terminating the ends until i get extra lights/switches as needed?

There should be a rubber grommet that leads to your glove compartment. 

But i have another question for you:

- Will this be the only lights you will add ? or do you plan to have more in the future ?

The reason is this, i recently came across the Auxbeam switch panel and must say although it is not super cheap, i was extremely impressed with how easy it was to install multiple lights or other external items.

Have a look here:

Auxbeam 8 Gang Switch Panel, Universal Circuit Control Relay System Box with Automatic Dimmable On-Off LED Switch Pod Touch Switch Box for Car Pickup Truck Jeep Boat UTV SUV, BA80 Blue 2 Year Warranty : Amazon.ae: Automotive

So far i have always done my own installs by buying the relays, wiring, fuses, etc.. but even though i do my best, after a couple of years, and a lot of heat and sand, those wires became brittle, and the relays started to fail.

The fact that this is a one-stop solution with IP65 rating really could be a life-saver. Installation over the weekend with a helper and a good beer :) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

22 minutes ago, Frederic said:

There should be a rubber grommet that leads to your glove compartment. 

But i have another question for you:

- Will this be the only lights you will add ? or do you plan to have more in the future ?

The reason is this, i recently came across the Auxbeam switch panel and must say although it is not super cheap, i was extremely impressed with how easy it was to install multiple lights or other external items.

Have a look here:

Auxbeam 8 Gang Switch Panel, Universal Circuit Control Relay System Box with Automatic Dimmable On-Off LED Switch Pod Touch Switch Box for Car Pickup Truck Jeep Boat UTV SUV, BA80 Blue 2 Year Warranty : Amazon.ae: Automotive

So far i have always done my own installs by buying the relays, wiring, fuses, etc.. but even though i do my best, after a couple of years, and a lot of heat and sand, those wires became brittle, and the relays started to fail.

The fact that this is a one-stop solution with IP65 rating really could be a life-saver. Installation over the weekend with a helper and a good beer :) 

Thanks Frederic,

Hmm the gang panel switch box really removes a lot of the hassle of future upgrades... excellent idea to use that instead.

I will have to give this some more consideration before i start poking more wires around,,... consideration needs a good beer as well. 😎

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

little early for the beer, but watching the install vid and looking at the harness for the lights i have already got.. this switchbox just makes so much more sense for future...

looks like i'll be attempting to install it sometime soon 😅😅😅😅

thanks for the tip @Frederic

Edited by PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke
typo
  • Like (+1) 1

Fredy, this gang switch is amazing but why only 1 sticker for a fan? Damn it I can't buy it now.

• Haha (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

2 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Fredy, this gang switch is amazing but why only 1 sticker for a fan? Damn it I can't buy it now.

ill get you some stickers made buddy :) 

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Just kidding, with so much electrical wiring, I have a wish to someday clear all and make them as tidy as possible, someday...!

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

2 hours ago, Frederic said:

ill get you some stickers made buddy :) 

im just gonna have one big sticker that says 'BLIND EVERYONE' so you can have my fan sticker.  😎

• Haha (+1) 4

• 2 weeks later...

switch gang panel arrived...

tossing up if i try and do the install on friday afternoon and potentially cripple my car for this weekend or not :P

wish me luck

• Like (+1) 2