•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Scenic UAQ and RAK Trails - RAK - 11 Mar 2023

Frederic

5 hours ago, FERNANDO SYRIO said:

@Frederic, which place you’d recommend to clean the car after a desert drive?

Any manual carwash should be fine. Ive heard Grand service station is good - used the Qusais one which is usually very busy on weekends. A 5 dhs tip to the pressure wash guy ensures the underbody is cleaned well.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Premjit Vappala said:

Any manual carwash should be fine. Ive heard Grand service station is good - used the Qusais one which is usually very busy on weekends. A 5 dhs tip to the pressure wash guy ensures the underbody is cleaned well.

Thanks @Premjit Vappala. I heard it’s good to find a good one that clean the engine and air filter as well. I will take a look at this one you proposed. Thanks for the help 

DRIVE REPORT

@Maheshwar C.S.@Emanuel@Benjamin williams@Premjit Vappala@Natalia Koryakovtseva@FERNANDO SYRIO@GeorgeFJ@Richard Franks@essam ibrahim@Mike M.@Kailas

We all met up nearby the shops and i was greeted by a lovely dog that i see every time i do a drive in this area. He came to sit next to me and enjoyed the petting, but as soon as i started deflating he ran away (must have hated the loud hissing) :) 

The plan was to enjoy the scenic views and greenery this area has on offer, and the occasional cow we came across 😁

All of you drove splendid and even in the few technical areas we only had a couple of refusals and stucks, which are part of the fun of course. Thanks to all of you for the help and especially @Kailasto execute the perfect recoveries.

At one point we were approached by a local who came to complain (thanks @Mike M.for being our convoy translator) about the fact that we were driving in this area. From what we understood he wanted us to avoid driving too much in the dunes itself so the shrubs stay intact for his young camels. We retreated out of his dunes and made our way further on the dirt track, so he was happy with that and quickly drove off in his Vitara. We always need to be respectful of the area and its inhabitants so in those cases we agreed and kept a smile and all was settled soon. As offroaders we always need to tred lightly but often we are mistaken by locals who think we come to "bash up" the area.

Have a nice week ahead !

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use