•  
Advertise here

FJ rims and suspension.

Hej @Carnity FJ fans. I am expecting to get my new FJ model in the next week:) 

What offroad wheel size/ models and suspension do you recommend?

i have got Dobinsons MRR with my Pajero and i am happy to use it so far

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

3 hours ago, Jaro Tuzinsky said:

Hej @Carnity FJ fans. I am expecting to get my new FJ model in the next week:) 

What offroad wheel size/ models and suspension do you recommend?

i have got Dobinsons MRR with my Pajero and i am happy to use it so far

Congratulations @Jaro Tuzinsky for the new car, and top of that..... Your intelligence👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

As usual, I always recommend driving stock setup as far as possible and then deciding for yourself what you really "need" than "want" based on peer pressure, commercials and marketing guys.

This way not only you will save money but also value the mod who really brings good value (20%), and end up automatically filtering the fluff (80%).

Secondly, the less you tinker, the safer, more reliable and more comfortable you will drive.

Thirdly, double-check with the dealership on what all mods you can consider without voiding the warranty.

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Congrats on the new car. A good bash plate is all you really need with the FJ!

Dobinsons MRR is great setup, had on my prado and also FJ. But its not a necessity for FJ.

on newer cars, most people change wheels and tyres to reduce wheel size from 18/19 down to the common 17inch wheel, allowing a higher profile tyre for better deflation. The FJ comes with 17inch rims and 265/70 tyres as standard, so no need to swap here. I am running method rims and geolander tyres but exactly same size as stock!

• Like (+1) 5

Good move @Jaro Tuzinsky ! 

Totally agree with @Gaurav, and I have driven the FJ stock (with a bashplate added) well into the intermediate level, until I was leading drives. Having said that I'm very happy with the addition of the Dobinson MRR. If you decide one day to go this route, I have the rear springs for a 2.5" lift available for a minimum fee. I went finally for the 2" lift.

I've kept the stock rims, and changed the tyres to Geolander when the stock ones were worn out.

Enjoy the ride !

• Like (+1) 3

• 2 weeks later...