•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 11 Mar 2023

JeromeFJ

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE PLAN: 

Explore the southern part of Sweihan area.

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Intermediate and above

When:  11 Mar 2023, Saturday

Meeting time:  6:30 AM  - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/3AP1mn7ovRJ42KDx9

Approximate finish time:  11:00 AM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 5 PM
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 3

Dear Desert Drivers, 

I hope you are looking forward to the coming drive on Saturday morning. My plan is to cover the Southern part of Sweihan area in the direction of Yahar, including the Old Lady Dune and the portion along Al Ain airport, and exit on the E22.

This area offers everything that can be expected for an IM drive, it will be us to make the most of it !

We still have 3 drivers in waitlist, so please check your agenda again and remove your RSVP or let me know if you cannot attend, to avoid leaving empty spots on Saturday morning.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

Last day of the week, for most of us! The attendance list is clearing and I will issue the convoy order by the end of the afternoon. In the meantime, please ensure your car is in condition for the drive.

@Ignacio Quindós, you have been added to the drive. Please confirm you are still available and interested. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Ignacio Quindós said:

Hi @JeromeFJ, unfortunately I’m on standby call in my job till 0700am, so I cannot make it. I’ll remove myself from the list. Thank you and see you on the next one…

Hope to see you in another drive soon

• Like (+1) 2

Dear Desert Drivers

@Joji varghese @Ashutosh Garg @Gerrit Bus @Rajiv Sam @Mohamad Anwer @Imteeaz @Beide Worku @Ranjan Das

Last update for tomorrow

Meeting at 6:30 am at  https://goo.gl/maps/3AP1mn7ovRJ42KDx9

The convoy order will be

image.png.f662c80145ee8ecc2be2350d2bbba11f.png

We will use Radio Channel 4.

Enjoy the evening, take as much sleep as you can, and see you tomorrow morning !

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Alexanderrr said:

Hi @JeromeFJ , I removed myself because something have changed, now is back to normal, if you can squeeze me somewhere would be great , thank you

Sure, I will put you back in

updated list

image.png.10cfc71bd4983070d10da2c366a069f8.png

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear Friends, thank you for joining today's drive. We had perfect conditions to explore this Southern part of Sweihan. Nice weather, not yet too hot, empty sands (not a single car on our tracks), and a nice group of very capable drivers.

The first portion was already known by most of us, the "classical" Sweihan with long rolling dunes, some sharp crests, and a few high climbs and long bowls. Everyone went through without a blink, following the steady pace, and by 9 am, we were already at the top of the Old Lady dune. A small break to enjoy the view, and we crossed to the other side of the track. 

The portion along Al Ain airport was new for me, and it was a beautiful discovery. with these high dunes and long ridges. Again, the convoy was remarkable, especially in the steep and winding climbs where a constant momentum was a must.

One car stuck on top of OL dune, solved with a precise pull on a ridge from @Rajiv Sam, a few refusals, and a popout in the middle of a tricky climb,  rapidly repaired with the tools of @Beide Worku, were the only occasions to stop, apart from enjoying the view and the desert. 

@Joji varghese, thank you for the 2nd Lead, @Rajiv Sam and @Ranjan Das, thank you for the support, CF and Sweep, @Ashutosh Garg, @Alexanderrr , great drive, making the most of you cars, @Gerrit Bus , sliding a bit from time to time, but you have to control the car, and the camera ;) @Mohamad Anwer  @Imteeaz a convoy without Patrols is not a serious convoy, good to have you, @Beide Worku amazing use and control of the F150.  

Thank you all for the company, and the nice chats along the breaks, a nice drive with a nice group of friends, no better way to start the weekend !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use