•  

Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Two Hour Secret Drive - Dubai - 8 Mar 2023

Ale Vallecchi

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie and above

When:  8 March 2023, Wednesday

Meeting time:  3:30 PM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  Murqquab
https://maps.app.goo.gl/rzMxpZxUBE7PeHZD6

Action Plan: A last minute, surprise desert drive, with a 2-hour time cap, in an area within Dubai's emirate, where we'll be looking for a relatively new track. There will be a mix of faster and technical driving, with an exit point in mind that, if all goes well, we may extend further. Perfect for a mid-week break on the sand. 

Approximate finish time: 06:00 PM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 8 cars only. RSVP will close on Wednesday - 12 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear Desertnauts

Quick facts about tomorrow's surprise drive.

Meeting point will be updated at 9:00 AM. Please look for it here.

We'll line up as follows:

@Jessica Lambert in Second Lead

@Stumpy Paj at #3

@Bravoecho at #4

@Anoop Nair in the Center

@Pranjal Varsani1 at #6

@Zubair at #7

@Krishna R at #8, and 

@Pacific in Sweep.

Please reach the meeting point a little before the scheduled time. We'll pick the radio channel on the spot. 

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. Have a nice evening.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Ale Vallecchifor a fun mid week drive! It was good meeting everyone and looking forward to seeing you out in the dunes again! Thank you @Jessica Lambert and @Pacific for helping keeping things moving along.   

Managed to get only a quick couple of snaps during the drive which I have attached below. 

3791FA99-D271-4584-AE18-FDC39B4C8D52.jpeg

7C840916-5428-456C-9927-3490ACCC0FFB.jpeg

• Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks for a fun and spirited drive yesterday @Ale Vallecchi. Couldn't think of a better way to spend a Wednesday.

Didn't take too many photos as I was busy with my thousand gear changes but I did manage to grab a couple and have uploaded them into the gallery.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

No ridge unridden! Thank you @Ale Vallecchi for a fun and safe drive, and thank you for the opportunity to try out being sweep for the first time. A somewhat technical yet fast paced drive, we had one horizontal cresting early on, twin stucks a little later (one requiring a couple of sharp tugs), a pop out, and finally some fuse issues. Lovely to have everyone working together to help each other, as is the spirit of this club. Every day is a school day on the sand!

22 hours ago, Bravoecho said:

Thanks for a fun and spirited drive yesterday @Ale Vallecchi. Couldn't think of a better way to spend a Wednesday.

Didn't take too many photos as I was busy with my thousand gear changes but I did manage to grab a couple and have uploaded them into the gallery.

You must have felt like a manic octopus! My hat goes off to you.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Jessica Lambert said:

Too true but the three of us have a pretty poor effort in the mullet department 😜

Important Information

Terms of use