•  

Morning Intermediate Exploration Desert Drive - "Criss-crossing heaven - Razeen" - Abu Dhabi - 19 Mar 2023

We are almost at the end of beautiful winter off-roading season. And with some upcoming work travel, i have been in two minds - end it with another Intermediate drive through the known devil terrain of Sweihan or plan something new🤔.

Something which we haven't explored much this season at @Carnity

As some crazy adventurer once said (if no one else did - perhaps its just me) - When in doubt - go for the new route :) - so here we go. Lets explore Razeen. 

What to expect

Razeen is a terrain explored and visited by only a few hardcore off-roaders. Full of amazing long range dunes, the area offers abundant opportunities for ridge riding and criss-crossing through virgin dunes. No cross tracks - yes, still such places exist :) . This also means that its really tricky and demands high level of focus and skill set. So, please RSVP, only if you are sure of your and your car's ability to climb, ridge ride and criss-cross at a good pace.

And since we haven't been to the location often, i have defined it as an exploration drive - lets see what mystery lies ahead of us. We will together explore this area, enjoy ourselves on some of the most amazing virgin long range dunes we have in UAE - while keeping safety as our top priority.   

Since, its an exploration drive - i am keeping the convoy size limited to 8 cars. 

PS:  Starting point is 1.5 hour from Dubai - so not much different vis-a-vis our Sweihan drives. 😀

General Overview

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level: Intermediate & above.

When:  19th Mar'23, Sunday.

Meeting time: 6:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions).

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/NcGuSFJgG8kkaZHq9

Type of Car: Any  4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:30AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMPRESSOR. ANYONE ARRIVING AT THE DRIVE WITHOUT A COMPRESSOR, FLAG, PROPER SHOVEL AND DEFLATION KIT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. ALL TOW POINTS WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE DEPARTURE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:
  • Limited to 8 cars only. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar

• Like (+1) 2

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Intermediate Exploration Desert Drive - "Criss-crossing heaven - Razeen" - Abu Dhabi - 19 Mar 2023

Dear Sand Sailors

Thanks for RSVPing for this drive. As I mentioned in my introduction this is an exploration drive through a terrain less explored.

I am already feeling like the character in Robert Frost poems. 

Razeen is effectively an entry point to a vast stretch of desert connecting some of the most awesome landscapes UAE has to offer - once we enter here - apart from the amazing dunes of Razeen itself, we have possibilities to move ahead towards Dhafrah, Watbha lakes and fossil rocks, Bu Tais, Al Quaa - all the way to beautiful Liwa. So effectively this drive has potential to open up vast new domains for us to venture over next season(s). 

Through this exploration drive - our focus will be on Razeen and if time permits (and we have easy access available) may be will try to see if we can make it to some nearby extended area - let’s see, the core focus will in any case be to enjoy ourselves in the beautiful long range dunes with razor sharp ridges. 

We have a really strong convoy aptly fit to the demand of this terrain. Just to be sure we enjoy to the fullest, please ensure your ride is at its healthiest best and so are you. Plan so as to be well rested and hydrated before the drive. 

Have a nice week ahead and looking forward to see you on Sunday. 

@Ranjan Das @Amr Aydin @Looper @Tom B @Charbel @Beide Worku @Imran Kashif @Jessica Lambert @Imteeaz

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

6 minutes ago, Jessica Lambert said:

Is anyone keen to camp? I'd rather get the 1.5 hour drive out of the way the night before so I'm fresher in the morning!

Brilliant idea … my Saturday is presently packed with some at home New Curtain and Cushion emergency (100 we have are falling short of our daily needs). If will be able to unearth the rarest of cushions in the world in time, will surely like to join as well. 

PS : whoever decides to camp at Razeen, beware, Michael Schofield and Lincoln might be planning their next escape in the area 😀

• Haha (+1) 5

44 minutes ago, Jessica Lambert said:

Is anyone keen to camp? I'd rather get the 1.5 hour drive out of the way the night before so I'm fresher in the morning!

With a 6AM start time, too much logistics to windup the camp in time and I’m not sleeping in my beloved Jeep.

unless our dear Marshal has a relook at the start time :-)

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

18 minutes ago, Ranjan Das said:

With a 6AM start time, too much logistics to windup the camp in time and I’m not sleeping in my beloved Jeep.

unless our dear Marshal has a relook at the start time :-)

Hahaha…this area is among the hottest in Abu Dhabi and don’t want us to be stuck in unknown territory late in day - challenge and fun of being in an exploration drive. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

7 minutes ago, Gok Krish said:

@Varun Mehndirattatried to add me in ... Says closed at 8 folks. Can u add me in. Made some changes to my travels esp for this exploration drive. 

Hi @Gok Krish have added you in WL, let’s evaluate by Friday.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Imteeaz said:

@Gok Krish hope that you can make this drive mate - want to catch the 392 in action!

@Gok Krish 392 HEMI - bring it on!

You will love it… enjoyed the roar in previous drive - and @Gok Krish is taking it to another level.. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use