•  

Morning Intermediate Exploration Desert Drive - "Criss-crossing heaven - Razeen" - Abu Dhabi - 19 Mar 2023

4 minutes ago, Gok Krish said:

Hello folks - I am camping prev - overnite .... @Looper tyring to make himself available ...  more folks welcome as this probably is the last of the two or three weekends with good camping weather!

It’s going to be a 1 hour 40 min drive in the morning and including time for fuel top up one need to start at 4 am. Makes sense to go early and have a nap beforehand instead of rushing in the morning.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

16 hours ago, Varun Mehndiratta said:

Dear Sand Sailors

With two days to go, I hope everyone’s plan is certain and are looking forward to the drive.

Before we make the final evaluation on the convoy and consider the wl, request you to please confirm your availability. No backing out from here. Please let me know your final plan by tomo morning latest. Thanks 
 @Beide Worku @Imran Kashif @Ranjan Das @Charbel @Jessica Lambert @Tom B @Imteeaz @Amr Aydin

Confirmed with bells on!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Gok Krish said:

Hello folks - I am camping prev - overnite .... @Looper tyring to make himself available ...  more folks welcome as this probably is the last of the two or three weekends with good camping weather!

Yes I'm camping! I just need to find somewhere that I can offload and leave my rooftop tent safely before the drive, as I want to eliminate all extra weight possible.

• Like (+1) 4

Thanks all for confirming your availability. Here are the key details for the drive. 

Radio: Channel 4
Convoy Order (we will see if we can explore the possibility of rotating the positions)

1. Varun
2. @Imran Kashif

3.  @Jessica Lambert

4. @Looper

5. @Santoso Marjuki

6.  @Amr Aydin

7. @Gok Krish
8. @Imteeaz

9. @Ranjan Das

Key notes:

1. Please ensure your car is in perfect shape incl spare tyre. Location is a bit off the city, so we won’t have easy access to garage or services close by. 

2. Carry sufficient water with you and some snacks. This is exploration drive and we might have some unknowns so better plan for longer stay than usual/planned in desert.

3. Take good rest before the drive. 

See you all on Sunday morning.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

14 hours ago, Charbel said:

HI Varun, i already signed out early morning today. guess i was added to the drive list by mistake.
wish you all a lovely day in the desert :) 

Hi @Charbel thanks for sharing somehow I could see your name in the rsvp when I posted convoy list. Perhaps some system delay or something. Thanks and looking forward to see you sometime soon. 

Hello campers. I plan to reach the meeting point by 545 to get a good 45 minutes to identify the camping spot, set up before the curtain of darkness falls. Getting with me some chicken for BBQ, some Arabic bread, hummus and beverages. Getting a bag of wood too for a fire. Complementing items welcome. Pls announce arrival times. 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use