•  

Morning Intermediate Exploration Desert Drive - "Criss-crossing heaven - Razeen" - Abu Dhabi - 19 Mar 2023

I filled my car at ADNOC Al Faya (891). From here the meeting point is 20km and 21 min. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

image.png.c4f0c17c783528160fecceffa53e4d2a.png
the Blue track is the one @Ranjan Das referred to from our previous time there. 

10 minutes ago, Ranjan Das said:

thank you @Varun Mehndiratta for leading us through the pristine dunes, the beautiful side of, as i came to know yesterday, the notorious Razeen area. Yestarday's was my second drive in the area - i enjoyed the first one helmed by Lorenzo so much that i had to join once you posted. Everything about the drive was perfect - the wonderful sunday morning, a relatively short convoy, the exciting lines taken by the wonderful lead - couldn't have asked for more.

It was a fantastic drive worth all the effort of driving back after my Saturday evening LL2 and camping. The weather was fantastic and the drive was one for the memorials. I normally don’t like to drive windows down due to sand etc., but yesterday I couldn’t drive with windows up. It was so much better. I didn’t get the memo about what makes Razeen infamous, in my books though @Varun Mehndiratta made it famous.

Edited by Looper
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

@Varun Mehndiratta thank you for scheduling this exploration drive; it lived up to my expectations, with lots of challenges in a new terrain.

other than couple of minor refusals, 1 pop-out (and 1 minor pop-out for my car), we used our shovels 3-4 times; well this was expected as the sand was soft to super-soft.

the whole convoy was well supported by @Looper + @Ranjan Das  which made our lives easy, meaning that we could focus on the drive and enjoying the sand.

@Amr Aydin @Gok Krish @Santoso Marjuki @Imran Kashif @Jessica Lambert  thank you for joining this drive; the Jeeps were doing a great job making my life more difficult to follow your tracks.

Hats off to @Jessica Lambert for your 1st IM drive - keep it up.  As Varun mentioned previously, please check with the Prado gang to understand how you can get the kill-switch installed or simply disabling the air-bags.

Thank you again for making this drive a memorable one; i look forward to @Carnity scheduling more drives in this area.

Enjoy your week.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you so much to @Varun Mehndiratta for a really awesome day out on the sand. When I first RSVP'd and saw how strong the rest of the convoy was, I was a little worried that I would be like the little sister slowing her big brothers down 😄but thanks to all your support I was able to learn and enjoy without too much stress. Especially with @Looper behind, who I think has been forced to rescue me more times than anyone else in this club, I felt more confident 😆

As directed by our leader, I will upload the pic of my diagonal cresting incident. Don't try this at home kids, only expert cresters can manage this 😎

@Imteeaz @Santoso Marjuki @Looper I second @Varun Mehndiratta's comment on the pop out fix- F1 pit stop crews have nothing on you guys!

Definitely one of my favourite drives ever. Thanks again.

Just now, Jessica Lambert said:

Thank you so much to @Varun Mehndiratta for a really awesome day out on the sand. When I first RSVP'd and saw how strong the rest of the convoy was, I was a little worried that I would be like the little sister slowing her big brothers down 😄but thanks to all your support I was able to learn and enjoy without too much stress. Especially with @Looper behind, who I think has been forced to rescue me more times than anyone else in this club, I felt more confident 😆

As directed by our leader, I will upload the pic of my diagonal cresting incident. Don't try this at home kids, only expert cresters can manage this 😎

@Imteeaz @Santoso Marjuki @Looper I second @Varun Mehndiratta's comment on the pop out fix- F1 pit stop crews have nothing on you guys!

Definitely one of my favourite drives ever. Thanks again.

PS: I have reached out to the Prado gang for advice on the air bag issue. I wonder if I could just disable the beeping somehow so I could still just pull the fuse for the airbags. Let's see!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Varun Mehndiratta Update from the Prado Gang: American cars have sensors on the side that trigger the side airbags, whereas Japanese cars have swtiches that activate the side airbags on actual impact. So it seems it's not going to be an issue with the Prado (inshallah!)

• WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use