•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Nahel - Abu Dhabi - 18 Mar 2023

JeromeFJ

Dear Desert Drivers, 

@Yaseen87 @Rk ram @Ishak @Deepak Eswar @Bjoern @MohamedSherif @DanielN @Federico Galbieri @Beide Worku @Chris Wing

Last updates for tomorrow

Meeting at 6:15 am at  https://goo.gl/maps/xJ4Nzi7tNNkxNWXE7

The convoy order will be 

image.png.1e64a00053746496ebb10ce54894d92f.png

We will use Radio Channel 4

Enjoy the evening, take as much sleep as you can, and see you tomorrow morning !

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JeromeFJ said:

Dear Desert Drivers, 

@Yaseen87 @Rk ram @Ishak @Deepak Eswar @Bjoern @MohamedSherif @DanielN @Federico Galbieri @Beide Worku @Chris Wing

Last updates for tomorrow

Meeting at 6:15 am at  https://goo.gl/maps/xJ4Nzi7tNNkxNWXE7

The convoy order will be 

image.png.1e64a00053746496ebb10ce54894d92f.png

We will use Radio Channel 4

Enjoy the evening, take as much sleep as you can, and see you tomorrow morning !

Hi @JeromeFJ - Unfortunately I had to withdraw this morning. Sorry about that.

1 hour ago, DanielN said:

Hi @JeromeFJ - Unfortunately I had to withdraw this morning. Sorry about that.

Noted @DanielN, but you were still in when I published the list @7 pm 

Dear Desert Drivers, 

Great day today, and lots of leaning for all of us! We had a good start in the cold morning. These dunes close to Nahel are beautiful, and the clean sand, still a bit humid was perfect for a quiet warm-up. Soon reaching higher slopes, we could push a bit our engines to climb higher, and enjoy the views around. The convoy was moving well despite some intermittent Temp High on the Jeep of @Deepak Eswar.  We were continuing on this nice section of high dunes and sharp ridges, when I underestimated the soft part of a ridge, and had no other choice than going down into a deep bowl, taking with me the first cars of the convoy. There we where, 6 cars grouped against each other at the bottom of this bowl where it was barely possible to make a U turn. 

Clearing some  space, reversing as high as possible, then climbing the other side, avoiding tracks from the previous car, one by one, the cars went out. Was remaining the little blue Jeep. Almost after each attempt, Transmission Temp was coming high, and we had to let it rest. Deflating to 9psi improved a bit, but still, the ridge was too high. 4L was bring the Temp light almost immediately. I tried myself without more success. While the car was cooling down, and I was thinking of another winding line to try, @Bjoern remembered that he had a winch ! I took the car as high as it could, 3/4 of the bowl, and then, with the winch + 2 ropes, step by step, we managed to take the Blue Jeep out of the bowl.  It has now a name !

After some rest, for the car and the drivers, we left this area with a majestic dive to the sabkha. Timing was against us, and I had to forget the initial plan to reach Sweihan through Nagra dune.  We will be back! Through the sabkhas, and crossing two challenging technical portions, and a nice area of virgin dunes, we reached the track leading to the exit point on the E95. Amazing driving of the whole convoy in the technical portions, great team work from everyone during the recoveries.

@Yaseen87 excellent drive, thank you for the second lead, @Rk ram, great drive for your 1st FB, apart one fishtailing at the beginning, good control of your car in the climbs and in the technical portions, @Ishak getting comfortable at FB level, very well done, @Deepak Eswar, for your 1st FB, it was an experience. Try to improve these temp problems before the summer.  Do not hesitate to do a few NB drives also to become more confident and fully enjoy FB level. @Bjoern, you saved the day with your winch, you are now confident in driving in most of situations. @Federico Galbieri, very confident driver also, it was nice to see your guests enjoying the drive.  @Beide Worku, @Chris Wing, thank you for the great support my friends, always a pleasure to have you in a drive.

Waiting for your pics and feedback, enjoy the rest of the weekend !

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

I had the pleasure of participating in Fewbie for the first time, and it was a thrilling experience full of challenges and learning opportunities. Throughout the drive, I was grateful for the invaluable guidance and support provided by @JeromeFJ, who helped to navigate the terrain and enjoy the adventure to the fullest.

While my car, a Blue Wrangler, faced some issues with its transmission oil temperature and lack of power to climb out of a deep bowl, I was fortunate to have an outstanding team that worked together to recover the vehicle. I want to extend my sincere appreciation to @JeromeFJ, @Yaseen87, @Ishak, @Rk ram, @Bjoern, and @Chris Wing for their timely support and smooth recovery operation.

Special thanks to @Bjoern and his car with a winch, which was instrumental in rescuing my car from the deep bowl. I am truly grateful for everything you all did to make this a memorable experience.

As I work on fixing my car, I look forward to attending future Fewbie events and being part of this fantastic community. Thank you once again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

5 minutes ago, Rk ram said:

It was an amazing experience for the 1 st freebie drive.... 

what is freebie @Rk ram, is it about your fish tailing 😅👍

Important Information

Terms of use