•  

Morning Fewbie Scenic Drive - Sands and Wadis Trek - RAK - 25 Mar 2023

Frederic

1 hour ago, Richard Franks said:

@Fredericjust thinking ahead but if I normally deflate to 12 for soft sand what would you recommend for the expected variable terrain?  

good point @Richard Franks I will mention it in my pre-drive post today.

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Good Morning All !

Please find the convoy list for tomorrow here below:

CONVOY FREDERIC

image.png.739f1fcae3dd1e236b5b7c528e7475c2.png

@Richard Franks@DanielN@Juan R@Ron.P@Gary F@Rajat Verma@premindra rajaram@Mike M.@Joseph Sebastian@imranaasghar81

We will be using Channel 2 - 446.031 Mhz

As this is a scenic drive, we will be using a lot of farm tracks, combined with wadis and a tiny bit of tarmac. I hope you understand this won't be a dune-bashing drive, but more of an exploration drive where we just enjoy the scenic terrains and mountain views.

For that main reason, i would like you to all deflate to 15PSI and not lower, so we don't have a risk on tyre damage.

We will put up our flags in the morning, but once we have crossed the main road and make our way to the wadis, you can remove your flag. 

We will be exiting in Asimah, a bit north of Masafi. After finishing the drive i highly recommend you explore Masafi a bit as it has nice shops, restaurants, and a 25dhs carwash if you need one :) 

See you soon !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Thanks @Fredericreally looking forward to this drive, missed one or two scenic drives in the past. Mostly as far as I have seen the scenic drives are Newbie drives, just wanted to ask the aspects which make this drive a Fewbie?

(Real reason to ask is do I need my full concentration or can I invite my wife to join me 😆)

6 minutes ago, Joseph Sebastian said:

Thanks @Fredericreally looking forward to this drive, missed one or two scenic drives in the past. Mostly as far as I have seen the scenic drives are Newbie drives, just wanted to ask the aspects which make this drive a Fewbie?

(Real reason to ask is do I need my full concentration or can I invite my wife to join me 😆)

You should totally bring the wife @Joseph Sebastian ! I did the most of the track last week and there are some sections where Newbies would have definitely struggled. For that reason I’ve put the level on FB.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Good news to all waitlisted members !

@george charbel@Pacific@Andrei S@Misha Puskar@Rk ram@Stan@Chris Wing@Mark B@Hugo@Sebb

CONVOY VARUN

image.png.42e3e7c38b6e5ae366575815d3db2b57.png

@Varun Mehndiratta has stepped up to lead a second convoy, leaving from the same starting point but 1 hour earlier so we dont have 20+ vehicles in the same area.

So kindly confirm your attendance the coming hours, and acknowledge that 7AM starting time is fine.

Do remember that this is a scenic drive and not a dunebashing drive, the aim is to enjoy the scenic views and terrain. I am sure you will all love it.

You can use Channel 3 - 446.056 Mhz

Have fun !

PS please deflate to around 15PSI and not lower to make sure you have no tyre damage from the road crossing and wadi part.

Have fun !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use