•  
Advertise here

OBD Monitor to get live data

Imteeaz

46 minutes ago, Stumpy Paj said:

Will keep an eye on the temps, I have fitted an extra electric fan and installed a new hub fan, and will be upgrading the trans cooler shortly, I will bypass the transmission cooler In The radiator. 

I have also wrapped the headers and spaced the bonnet to help with temps at low speed. I was idling today for about 40 mins with a/c flat out and engine never got above 88deg. Before it would go above 98 very quick when idling. Intake temp was up to 75deg 

Amazine set-up.

What OBD are you using to monitor your engine / other temperatures?

I am looking for my Y61.

19 hours ago, Imteeaz said:

Amazine set-up.

I am looking for my Y61.

9361D6D8-130C-422F-8BB5-E1A72980633A.jpeg.57adfcf6dd72142e777ec2897dbfe4fe.jpeg

I am using “car scanner pro” app on a 10 inch android screen. (Don’t have a good photo but I have 10 gauges up on the screen at one time, including engine temp, gearbox, intake, MAF etc.) I am using a veepeak obd11 Bluetooth reader to transmit data.

this set up works on my brother in laws Y61 (bravo echo) except he doesn’t get gear temp as it manual. ( he’s just using his phone at the moment as the screen)

0FEA23D1-815C-483D-891E-C7A8B84301C8.jpeg

Edited by Stumpy Paj
Added better photo
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 3/16/2023 at 6:16 PM, Imteeaz said:

Amazine set-up.

I am looking for my Y61.

For some reason, not every OBD scanner reads all the Y61 sensors, for instance oil temp, transmission temp (in case of AT), fuel level, fuel pressure etc.  I got this OBD ( https://www.amazon.ae/gp/product/B07JFRFJG6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) and use it with several apps I've found, but still I am in the look out for a Y61 friendly device :) 

In the meantime, I comfortably rely on gauges and lights on the dashboard.

@imranaasghar81 - regarding your question about lights, check out Dragon Mart, there are a couple of stores where you will find interesting accessories, and lights among them. Hope this helps!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mario Cornejo said:

For some reason, not every OBD scanner reads all the Y61 sensors, for instance oil temp, transmission temp (in case of AT), fuel level, fuel pressure etc.  I got this OBD ( https://www.amazon.ae/gp/product/B07JFRFJG6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) and use it with several apps I've found, but still I am in the look out for a Y61 friendly device :) 

In the meantime, I comfortably rely on gauges and lights on the dashboard.

@imranaasghar81 - regarding your question about lights, check out Dragon Mart, there are a couple of stores where you will find interesting accessories, and lights among them. Hope this helps!

@Mario Cornejo i've looked into your OBD scanner model a little while back and was wondering if you are able to obtain access to the BCM (Body Control Module) of the Y61 ?

If so, then it would be a breeze to pull the TPMS actual pressures from the wheels and display them in the Torque app :) 

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

11 minutes ago, Frederic said:

@Mario Cornejo i've looked into your OBD scanner model a little while back and was wondering if you are able to obtain access to the BCM (Body Control Module) of the Y61 ?

If so, then it would be a breeze to pull the TPMS actual pressures from the wheels and display them in the Torque app :) 

Hi @Frederic yes it does, in a Y61 it connects to all these ECUs: BCM, Engine, ABS, TPMS and SRS.   I just to check TPMS using the app "MotorData OBD", however I removed the TPMS sensors after installing Apex deflators but will get them back on with a special bracket sold by Apex too.  Once back I will play with Torque app as you suggest. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1