•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Lisaili to Qudra - Dubai - 01 Apr 2023

GauravSoni

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE Plan:

The drive is intended to make you realize the true potential for your 4x4 beast.  we will be doing the entire route driving below 2000!

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie and above

When:  01 April 2023, Saturday 

Meeting time:  6:30 AM  - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/UYpb5s94keDqAai67?g_st=ic

Approximate finish time: 10:30 AM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on FRIDAY - 12 PM
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Lisaili to Qudra - Dubai - 01 Apr 2023
On 3/27/2023 at 6:27 PM, GauravSoni said:

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE Plan:

The drive is intended to make you realize the true potential for your 4x4 beast.  we will be doing the entire route driving below 2000!

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie and above

When:  01 April 2023, Saturday 

Meeting time:  6:30 AM  - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/UYpb5s94keDqAai67?g_st=ic

Approximate finish time: 10:30 AM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on FRIDAY - 12 PM
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

@GauravSoni@LooperThis fewbie drive is an important one for me, as I see it as a test. I have been struggling with self confidence which reflected in my driving and my personal life. We all have such up and downs in our lives, :) I got my car, tyres and suspension checked by my garage. Since then my self confidence and driving improved. My flag pole fell off numerous times and got a new one fixed in the last weeks.  I want to use this opportunity if I am ready for fewbie plus. I am hoping for a fabulous #GauravSoni drive where I know you will be pushing us!!! See you on Saturday morning!

• Well Done (+2) 4

I feel the vibe @premindra rajaram! And happy to see you look at things on the “plus” side! Well done.. we are sure to have a lot of fun with a short convoy!!! See you on Saturday !!!

• Like (+1) 3

Dear dune surfers!!

it’s a short convoy and m hoping to cover a lot of ground experiencing every type of dune along the way!!

@premindra rajaram @Gurcharan Mehta @Juan R @Richard Franks @Looper
the sunrise these days is around 6.15 am.. let’s target to be deflated and flag up ready to leave by 6.30 am!!

see you all tomorrow!!!

• Like (+1) 3

Thank-you @Looper for leading this drive and @GauravSoni for your support and guidance.  You both helped me learn a bit more about driving in the dunes and capabilities of my car.  It was a nice small convoy and it allowed me to clock in a lot more practice.  Really enjoyed the drive and looking forward to join more of your drives with you in the lead Looper.  

@premindra rajaram @Gurcharan Mehta.  It was great driving with you.  Have a good rest of the weekend

Tried to load a couple of pictures but it seems to only be loading dark blank pictures and can’t delete them…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Today, I had the opportunity to lead my first Fewbie level off-road drive, and it was an unforgettable experience. The convoy consisted of five cars, so we were able to cover 65 km distance, which is an excellent number for any drive. Our moving speed was 24.6 km/h, and we managed to maintain a steady pace throughout the drive without getting stuck or bogged down.

The objective of the drive was to drive between 2k-3k RPMs and we definitely achieved it. The first part of the drive took us through some medium sized technical areas, where we warmed up a bit and continued to the wide-open dunes of Lisaili. Here we could maintain a steady pace and cruised though the dunes.

In the middle part of the drive, we explored a few large dunes near Qudra, which offered breathtaking views of the surrounding desert landscape. The dunes were quite steep and required some advanced driving skills, but we all managed to make it to the top and enjoy the stunning views.

Overall, it was an amazing drive with great weather and great company. I would like to thank all the drivers for their support and cooperation throughout the drive, and I look forward to more adventures like this in the future.

Thank you @GauravSoni for giving me this opportunity and letting me lead without worries - appreciate your support in the drive. @Juan R you drove very well for your first Fewbie Drive in desert and were able to manage the terrain quite well. @premindra rajaram you were excellent in your Xterra and hope you had fun. @Gurcharan Mehta nice to see you back after a while with a new desert vehicle. You did an excellent job of sweeping at the end of the convoy. 

image.png.749ae387c8a426962198dd74ff9836d4.png

image.png.dbbcae7cfb00dbdaeaaa6ecd2cde95dc.png

Edited by Looper
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Congratulations @Looper on your first lead. It was a very fun drive and am looking forward to more of your drives in the future. Likewise, it was nice meeting you after a longer period of time.

@GauravSoni, @premindra rajaram and @Juan R it was nice meeting you all, hope to catch up again soon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use