•  

Night Newbie Desert Drive - Murquab - Dubai - 8 Apr 2023

Chaitanya D

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above  ( ABSOLUTE NEWBIE NOT ALLOWED)

Meeting time: 8 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions) 8 April 2023,Saturday

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/UPzSd1VJvSnYYraXA

Near Mosque in Morqum as in Google maps. 

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:45 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 Noon.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to Night Newbie Desert Drive - Murquab - Dubai - 8 Apr 2023
On 4/3/2023 at 10:09 PM, Jaro Tuzinsky said:

Hej @Chaitanya D i am looking forward to driving with you, other mates and my brand new FJ cruiser:)

Great @Jaro Tuzinsky. I believe you have got yourself acquainted with the new ride in daylight . 
FJ is a awesome choice 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

Great @Jaro Tuzinsky. I believe you have got yourself acquainted with the new ride in daylight . 
FJ is a awesome choice 

It will be my first FJ drive:) looking forward to doing it with your lead.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Jaro Tuzinsky said:

It will be my first FJ drive:) looking forward to doing it with your lead.

I would strongly advise you to 

1. Run in/Break in the new car ( at least 500km+) more info on the forums https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/threads/engine-break-in-for-the-fjc-v6.100127/. Many advises there from experienced members driving a FJ

2. Acquaint yourself with the gearing (after point 1) , how to engage 4H and 4L and ride it. Each car responds differently , and even with experienced driver like you or anyone - a new car needs some time to get used to. So take it easy

3.  Once you are done with 1 and 2, take it for a spin on sands - preferably during day light as visibility is better. 

I hope you get my advise sportively and not to discourage you to join. You are always a great driver and a friend to ride with . 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

I would strongly advise you to 

1. Run in/Break in the new car ( at least 500km+) more info on the forums https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/threads/engine-break-in-for-the-fjc-v6.100127/. Many advises there from experienced members driving a FJ

2. Acquaint yourself with the gearing (after point 1) , how to engage 4H and 4L and ride it. Each car responds differently , and even with experienced driver like you or anyone - a new car needs some time to get used to. So take it easy

3.  Once you are done with 1 and 2, take it for a spin on sands - preferably during day light as visibility is better. 

I hope you get my advise sportively and not to discourage you to join. You are always a great driver and a friend to ride with . 

Great, thank you for it! Its very useful for me. I will drive this Friday and Saturday with my friends. My car has 700km:) including skid plate, kill switch.. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Dear friends

Note the following

• Please be on time and bring all your passion for off-roading and a Full fuel tank as much as possible.
  • Deflate your tires to 12 psi for all terrain tires and 15 psi if regular tires
  • Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged and set to Channel 1 (446,006).
  • Briefing will be done  before we start moving
  • Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and there are no moving objects 
  • Please check all car fluids, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.
  • please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all mandatory gear for this drive level specially your

1. tire deflator,

2. pressure gauge

3. compressor,

4. safety flag and

5. radio. (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)

Meeting point is as below at 8 pm in MUrquab

https://goo.gl/maps/UPzSd1VJvSnYYraXA

Next to Mosque in Murquab, Exiting from Al ain road

For night drive 

1. Use high beam and fog lamps - check you aren't glaring others

2. Follow the track taken by car in front exactly

3. If you miss track - Do not venture further  on your own

Convoy List as below

image.png.7f28041f4c48b33acf8687beff1984bf.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Hello Chaitanya; this is Vijay. I’m joining Carnity Night Newbie Desert Drive - Murquab - Dubai - 8 Apr 2023

Can you advise where I can purchase a walkie-talkie? I was at ace hardware for a shovel and the radio, but they are not selling the radios. I got a trifold bush ranger shovel

Can I have your contact number?

@Chaitanya D or, pls call me at 0526471735

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Vijaya Kumar Doppa said:

Hello Chaitanya; this is Vijay. I’m joining Carnity Night Newbie Desert Drive - Murquab - Dubai - 8 Apr 2023

Can you advise where I can purchase a walkie-talkie? I was at ace hardware for a shovel and the radio, but they are not selling the radios. I got a trifold bush ranger shovel

Can I have your contact number?

@Chaitanya D or, pls call me at 0526471735

Easiest and cheap is dragon mart 

or at the shop- quicker if you plan to get it today. Radio is a mandatory requirement to join.

more info in this link 

you can reach out to me at 0529970964 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use