•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Shuwaib and Ghost Town - Sharjah - 15Apr 2023

Frederic

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

South-east of the Badayer region in Sharjah, we have one of the most iconic offroad areas, with massive dunes standing stall and where only the brave hearted ones are allowed to go. Expect a fast paced roller coaster drive with a visit to the famous ghost town to top it off. 

Ghost.jpg.fe5adc302e67fcca5d38a0c04b1cbbb2.jpg

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above 

When:  15 April'23 Saturday

Meeting time:  7:00 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions) 

Meeting Point:  Behzad Ranch: https://goo.gl/maps/4BTUAfHXGPHbDSqg8

Approximate finish time: 11AM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month

Please RSVP on below calendar

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

image.png.14dd00642b82ebc6514eeb2e815c8638.png

Good morning !

@Chris Wing@Patrick van der Loo@Gary F@Benjamin@Stumpy Paj@Krishna R@Joji varghese@Joseph Raju@Mario Cornejo@Mohamad Anwer@Gurcharan Mehta

With the temps slowly rising every day, it will be important to reach on time and get briefed swiftly so we can take max advantage of the terrain ahead of us. 

This is a very well-known area among off-roaders, so let's hope we won't be hindered by too many cross tracks (might be calmer now with Ramadan). 

From our meeting point, we will head North and pass by the larger dunes on our way. Superbowl might be on our list (not sure) and from there we can head East and pay a visit to Ghost Village Al Madam.

Throughout the drive tomorrow, keep an eye on the temperature gauge and do let us know if you spot potential overheating issues. The coming months this will be a critical topic for many cars, so let's start paying attention rather sooner than later.

We will be using Channel 3 - 446.056 Mhz. 

See you all tomorrow morning!

• Like (+1) 8
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hi @Frederic i'm at the garage now and the Jeep's Transfer Case is making growling noise. Sad to say I have leave the drive and miss Ghost Town adventure, but looking forward for the next one!

• Sad (0) 5

13 minutes ago, Zed said:

Hi @Frederic i'm at the garage now and the Jeep's Transfer Case is making growling noise. Sad to say I have leave the drive and miss Ghost Town adventure, but looking forward for the next one!

Oops sorry to hear that buddy, keep us posted on the root cause. We can all learn from it.

• Like (+1) 3

@Frederic how are you doing? I just noticed you are now driving a Patrol! :)   Let’s plan a theme drive, Patrols only, maybe also request a Cafu tanker wait for us at the exit 😆

Welcome to the club of proud Y61 owners and shrinking wallets!

Looking forward to tomorrow’s drive.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Mario Cornejo said:

@Frederic how are you doing? I just noticed you are now driving a Patrol! :)   Let’s plan a theme drive, Patrols only, maybe also request a Cafu tanker wait for us at the exit 😆

Welcome to the club of proud Y61 owners and shrinking wallets!

Looking forward to tomorrow’s drive.

Hahaha now I realize why they call it Nissan Petrol ️ 

We can perhaps take that Cafu tanker with us in the sand. 

PS I’m the unlucky one with Automatic Transmission and LWB, but alas it came with the Sub tank 😅

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

14 hours ago, Frederic said:

Oops sorry to hear that buddy, keep us posted on the root cause. We can all learn from it.

Hi @Frederic after visiting 3 garages and some prayers, noise eliminated. Happy to inform you'll have your Sweeper this morning 😄

Occam's Razor: replaced 2 tires since both rear tires were suspect (see photo below). The Transfer Case Motor issue I posted on Instagram is also solved by cycling the shift lever to TC Neutral (disconnect front & rear diff electronically), engine off 5mins, then to 4Low, drive a bit, engine off 5mins, then back to 4H.

7C8F918B-1F8E-492B-BBF3-F948D7541FF3.jpeg.855d593a4e78e80be58175f3f1e7abc0.jpeg

• Well Done (+2) 2

8 hours ago, Zed said:

Occam's Razor: replaced 2 tires since both rear tires were suspect (see photo below). The Transfer Case Motor issue I posted on Instagram is also solved by cycling the shift lever to TC Neutral (disconnect front & rear diff electronically), engine off 5mins, then to 4Low, drive a bit, engine off 5mins, then back to 4H.

salute to whoever figured that the noise would go this way 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use