•  
Advertise here

'Off-road' shoes shop :)

6 minutes ago, Vanessa8580 said:

You’re welcome ! It’s a very nice shop and they have so much stuff. The shoes are not cheap but they are really comfortable and you don’t get any sand inside. They have laces and a zipper on the side so quite easy to get your feet in. 

Sounds awesome, heading there today 🤩

Thank you again!!! 🙏

3 hours ago, Vanessa8580 said:

Hi @Marketa Dobesova I got my shoes in a shop called Tactical trading. It’s located on Sheikh Zayed road. 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/1z7TurUSYFTrrt6Z7?g_st=iw

This is the location 😁

Very good stuff, but dangerous to go😭

• Haha (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, Hisham Masaad said:

Very good stuff, but dangerous to go😭

Well, now I know understand why 🙈🙈🙈🤩🤩🤩 it’s an amazing place 🥰

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

5 hours ago, DP1011 said:

I will be visiting here today or tomorrow, For same reason! 😁

Will do a research online to get an idea of price range, 

Also one input i got from kailas was : Try to look for shoes with Zipper, which is more convenient to slip in. 

The zipper one is not really a good option , as the sand gets in easily. But i have kept a pair in the trunk when i am feeling too lazy ( for short unplanned trips in the desert)..😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Felix Obst said:

@Looper are you talking about your tactical slides which you are using for driving :-)

Yeah, I ware tactical sliders for FB+ and Intermediate drives since I expect to have a lot less shovelling and recoveries. For NB ans FB it’s tactical shoes only! 

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

@munkybizness and @Davie Chase can u please share the images of your desert shoes please?

I myself looking for something that is high ankle but with soft material at the ankle unlike boots so they are comfortable for driving while keeping the sand out.

I have been happy with Timberland trekking shoes which are very comfy and high ankle but I lace them lower for free movement of the ankle and sand seeps in. So this time wanna explore if something exists that is sturdy but lightweight, high ankle but flexible.

@Looper similar to those decathlon shoes, I tried military supply shoes decades ago from some specialized military supply shop in Sharjah. As they were made of hard canvas, so after a few drives canvas took a heavy toll with regular sandblasting.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Personally i preferer Antarctica boots as they seal really well compared to Decathlon and others  , but you the laces is really annoying ,

my top preference is the Auto lacing system boots which are note really easy to find

image.png.9b79b2ade087c0d76c01a621145741a9.pngimage.png.ccd1764a29afd73fd1772b8de5e1533a.png

• Like (+1) 3

@Gaurav my boots were purchased from an American army surplus store in Houston Texas. advantages of these boots are full tongue so little to no sand gets in, even when knee deep during shoveling exercises. they have a real soft ankle so i can tie them tight but have ankle flxibility when walking/driving, and a thinish sole again great for throttle feel which of course enhances control.

pictures below image.jpeg.78f2e04f8a5c424563349d85fd20c60f.jpegimage.jpeg.f416c2ab8bc5ccebce015db8ca8ef680.jpegimage.jpeg.0e7a15bf85fc860707b947ea23341a1c.jpegimage.jpeg.a1e11a30faa18db5fce84316b07e71c0.jpegimage.jpeg.844f95cb65fd152dc6ab74b1d70276aa.jpeg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Well, I didn’t expect my simple question will produce so many great answers and ideas 🤩🙌

I visited the shop suggested by @Vanessa8580but they only have men size shoes 🥲🥲🥲

• Haha (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1

15 minutes ago, Marketa Dobesova said:

Well, I didn’t expect my simple question will produce so many great answers and ideas 🤩🙌

I visited the shop suggested by @Vanessa8580but they only have men size shoes 🥲🥲🥲

Oh no, that means I have men size feet 😂 I have a 41 so I guess your feet are much smaller than mine ? 

• Haha (+1) 3