•  
Advertise here

'Off-road' shoes shop :)

Just now, Vanessa8580 said:

Oh no, that means I have men size feet 😂 I have a 41 so I guess your feet are much smaller than mine ? 

Yes 🥹 The smallest size they had was 39 and only for one type of shoes. Otherwise 40+ 😀

And I have 37 😂😂🥲🥲

I wear Danner’s Tachyon Coyote range. They are extremely soft, lightweight, come up to lower calf and easy to clean. They are so lightweight that I’ve worn them for hours on hikes without any blisters or break-in period.

https://global.danner.com/productfamily/tachyon/

IMG_3609.jpeg.c0740074471624bffae801685e47b440.jpeg

I bought them in-store in the US but I believe the Tactical Gear store on Sheikh Zayed Road also stocks them.

Edited by munkybizness
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I have bought my boots from amazon and i am happy with it:)

ANTARCTICA Men's Lightweight Military Tactical Boots for Hiking Work Boots https://www.amazon.ae/dp/B07ZFC93LM?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_5J4A3A9VY439Q2805DPQ

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jaro Tuzinsky said:

I have bought my boots from amazon and i am happy with it:)

ANTARCTICA Men's Lightweight Military Tactical Boots for Hiking Work Boots https://www.amazon.ae/dp/B07ZFC93LM?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_5J4A3A9VY439Q2805DPQ

Thank you for sharing 🙏😊

• Thanks (+1) 1

I have been using these for my offroad drives for the past 2 months:

https://www.amazon.ae/dp/B082862R3F?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1&psc=1

These are fairly high and I have no issues even walking up relatively steep slip faces of dunes without getting in any sand at all. In fact, I can't remember ever having sand inside when taking the shoes off. Amazon offers 30 days return on them, so it was no risk buying them. I use size US 11, and they fit true to size. 

They are also quite lightweight and fairly breathable (no sweaty feet).

Whatever shoes you buy, make sure you invest in a few pairs of quality Merino Wool socks, they are excellent both in the heat and cold and will keep moisture away from your feet. Very popular for both winter and summer hiking. The worst socks you can wear inside boots are cotton socks as they will trap moisture. 

Make sure you ventilate your boots well between uses, leaving them in the sunshine e.g. balcony so they are well aired out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 4/25/2023 at 4:14 PM, Looper said:

Decathlon may be the answer for you.

image.png.8addf9d5320c2ca7e5764b51b54c4253.pngimage.png.abbff4f5d340a33aa0e01f690f1440e7.png

I tried these and returned after 1 drive. They let sand it at the tongue/laces area. Maybe just my experience but I wasn't too impressed. Also found them not to be very breathable. It's a nice idea for a sand shoe, but this shoe needs more R&D

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Patrick said:

I have been using these for my offroad drives for the past 2 months:

https://www.amazon.ae/dp/B082862R3F?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1&psc=1

These are fairly high and I have no issues even walking up relatively steep slip faces of dunes without getting in any sand at all. In fact, I can't remember ever having sand inside when taking the shoes off. Amazon offers 30 days return on them, so it was no risk buying them. I use size US 11, and they fit true to size. 

They are also quite lightweight and fairly breathable (no sweaty feet).

Whatever shoes you buy, make sure you invest in a few pairs of quality Merino Wool socks, they are excellent both in the heat and cold and will keep moisture away from your feet. Very popular for both winter and summer hiking. The worst socks you can wear inside boots are cotton socks as they will trap moisture. 

Make sure you ventilate your boots well between uses, leaving them in the sunshine e.g. balcony so they are well aired out.

Whatever shoes you buy for the sand, the #1 essential feature to look out for is that the tongue of the shoe fully attaches to the shoe (see red circles in picture). With that feature it is virtually impossible to get sand in unless it's from the top of the shoe where your lower leg is exposed.

A loose tongue will let sand it no matter how well you tie your laces and many famous hiking brands for example just have loose tongues which are great for mountains, snow etc. but not for sand. 

IMG_9850.jpeg

IMG_9853.jpeg

IMG_9854.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2