•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Al Jabib to Al Hayer - Abu-Dhabi - 7 May 2023

Frederic

@Frederic@Davie Chase

Extreme fog in abu Dhabi, crawling thru sweihan with flashing 80 speed limits.

doubting I'll be there in time. But will confirm closer to start time of fig lofts and I make up some time

Screenshot_20230507-045747.png

Edited by PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke
Typo
  • Sad (0) 2

16 minutes ago, PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke said:

@Frederic@Davie Chase

Extreme fog in abu Dhabi, crawling thru sweihan with flashing 60 speed limits.

doubting I'll be there in time. But will confirm closer to start time of fig lofts and I make up some time

Screenshot_20230507-045747.png

Sorry I'm now stuck on side of road can't see a thing. 😂

Car navigation says I won't be there till nearly 7. I'll head home once it lifts and see you next drive.

🙏🙏🙏🙏

PXL_20230507_011534654.jpg

PXL_20230507_011439163.jpg

• Sad (0) 1

2 hours ago, Davie Chase said:

@Frederic Thank you for allowing me to lead your drive today as always it was a pleasure to lead such a great bunch of off roaders around the beautiful desert of Abu Dhabi. We had a little bit of everything starting off with the foggy drive down, which then turned into a stop start as we chased the clear patches of visibility until the sun finally did its job and burnt it off. We then went from technical dunes to some mid-range ones that we were able to play on back to Technical. Could not have led such a drive a few months back, this is just down to one thing, all of the help and guidance that I get from you and the other leads @Carnity you have all supported me on this journey and it is really appreciated. The Journey although will never be complete, has thus far given me a lot of confidence in my own ability in the desert as well as knowledge that I can pass on to others in this great sprot of ours.

A big thank you and shout to my buddy  @Dodi Syahdar  who came out to support the drive and played a pivotal role in keeping the center of the convoy moving freely in the CF role, brilliant support Dodi keep it up and once again thank you.

A just as big a thankyou goes out to our sweep @Amr Aydin  for doing an amazing job of sweeping the convoy and ensuring we all stayed together till the exit.

The other team members @Frans M @Emmanuel @Glenn W   @Ishak @Marketa Dobesova @Bjoern and @Ahmad Nerat  you guys drove amazingly well in some challenging terrain. The fact we had a handful of refusals including myself and zero stucks, along with just one pop out, (which we ended up changing the wheel and tire as we had a leaky valve stem) is a huge shout out to you guys for the way you took every challenge in your stride. I would also like to thank you for your patience at the start of the drive as we battled the fog but perseverance paid off for a beautiful drive once we really got going.

For those that like to see where we went and what speed, distance covered, altitude etc. please see below.image.png.6ec9466d0fb985017943ce98f32e3443.png

image.png.f5a298b97b478d0b35d8451644fc1627.png

image.png.2f048cb43d8a06751e771a82554302a1.png

image.png.22cbebca9a395c65a8a4f786ddbfdab1.png

Thanks again for a great Sunday morning out and hope to see you all again in the sand very soon

Thank you very much for a wonderful drive, my first Fewbie, my first time with a fog in the desert, and my first pop out experience!!! Thank you @Davie Chaseand @Fredericfor leading the convoy today! Hope to see you all soon again 🙂

• Like (+1) 9

Thanks @Davie Chasefor leading the convoy, @Fredericfor second lead and @Dodi Syahdar @Amr Aydinfor supporting. 

The fog was immense this morning but fortunately it gave way to some fantastic looking sand dunes and a short camel farm tour. 

And to everybody else, fantastic drive, great Sunday morning out and I hope to see you all again next weekend 😬

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

thanks @Davie Chase for organising the drive. it was smooth.. I have enjoyed it and got the chance to experience my New Fj. it seems I was driving an elephant 🐘  (my LC) in desert compared to FJ.

it was great to drive again with @Glenn W @Frans M, @Ishak@Dodi Syahdar , @Frederic .. 

@Marketa Dobesova u did very well for ur 1st fewbie.

it was abit relaxed in the back of Convoy with few managed refusals. 

Thanks again all for all support and fun we had today.

Ahmad

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thank you @Davie Chase for the great drive, and the amazing leading skills and communication (very informative, clear and gives an ease of mind for the rest of the convoy).

Special thx for the backbone of every drive he is involved in @Frederic, always a pleasure seeing you and deiving in the same convoy.

Great job in the center for @Dodi Syahdar, brilliant.

Amazing driving from the rest of the team. Happy to see old friends and new faces, I see a lot of enthusiasm happening from the last couple of drives and I see how busy the intermediate drives going to be in the end of the summer. 

See you all soon.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use