•  
Advertise here

Safely storing your off-road gear

1 hour ago, Benjamin said:

@Patrick it’s alright! This forum is for anyone looking “how to” or new ideas on strapping down gear. 

first time seeing a suitcase which is actually a pretty good idea! I for one use a tool-bag to hold any non commonly used items like tape, zip ties, basic tools, multi tools, shackles, and rope. 

really interested to see how your setup will change when more gear is needed as you climb the carnity ladder :) thanks for sharing! 

Very good point, the higher on the Carnity ladder the heavier your 4x4 comes, and as a result the less higher you will climb :(  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Varun Mehndiratta Nice! I haven't tried this yet myself. 

Personally, I carry a spare Lug wrench with different sizes+ spare compressor hoses in that compartment.

1 minute ago, Frederic said:

Very good point, the higher on the Carnity ladder the heavier your 4x4 comes, and as a result the less higher you will climb :(  

So true. I just got my jack and the sheer weight of it surprised me. But nevertheless going for my first int drive this weekend :) 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Benjamin said:

@Varun Mehndiratta Nice! I haven't tried this yet myself. 

Personally, I carry a spare Lug wrench with different sizes+ spare compressor hoses in that compartment.

So true. I just got my jack and the sheer weight of it surprised me. But nevertheless going for my first int drive this weekend :) 

Get couple of these - come in very handy for lots of stuff. 

1665991874_71gJuSNxFL._AC_SX679_.jpg.84acae593c30e022c95a6ef95b149370.jpg

https://www.amazon.ae/YOCTM-Under-Seat-Organizer-Wrangler/dp/B07T9D5LLF/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2MICTA1S82K8J&keywords=JLU+under+the+seat+storage&qid=1683115966&sprefix=jlu+under+the+seat+stora%2Caps%2C398&sr=8-5

• Like (+1) 3

Love this topic , still trying to find the optimal tie down setup for the Jeep Gladiator,  now that I have moved up levels I find sometimes items become loose.

@Patrick the suitcase is elegance in its simplicity, @Benjamin we have a few taking up space at home.

@Varun Mehndiratta D Grip ? Not familiar with this.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Gary F said:

Love this topic , still trying to find the optimal tie down setup for the Jeep Gladiator,  now that I have moved up levels I find sometimes items become loose.

@Patrick the suitcase is elegance in its simplicity, @Benjamin we have a few taking up space at home.

@Varun Mehndiratta D Grip ? Not familiar with this.

44DE8261-9118-4A91-9D03-996875AA61F0.jpeg.04522646fda7d8e5cbd12bc6a55b1b69.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3

Wow @Varun Mehndiratta a whole new world , in all my searching I never came  across these before .. look extremely useful.  

bet you could go overboard mounting these everywhere 😂 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gary F said:

Wow @Varun Mehndiratta a whole new world , in all my searching I never came  across these before .. look extremely useful.  

bet you could go overboard mounting these everywhere 😂 

Yeah come in very handy … this plus cable ties (to avoid drilling) can hold quite a bit of load. 

5 minutes ago, Ishak said:

Good discussion @Benjamin

all my gears below

C358EA7E-CB54-4E0F-861A-D00E5E8EBB0E.jpeg.4751a98834949c17f55f3d56f3ca2591.jpeg

I put in two plastic boxes and tied them down. 

7A9EDD8A-DEE0-4A36-8E84-B638CDC5E5E2.jpeg.e9f6704395e15a912fc12136e43e13cf.jpeg

Missing Fire Extinguisher .. very important 😀

• Totally Agree (+2) 1