•  
Advertise here

Safely storing your off-road gear

@Patrick looks like gardening water pressure sprayer. We use them for fixing popouts in the desert :) 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Benjamin said:

@Patrick looks like gardening water pressure sprayer. We use them for fixing popouts in the desert :) 

Ah okay!! Normally I pour the water straight from the bottle 😂 Interesting, is that to wash any sand away from the seal area with pressure?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mario Cornejo said:

There is a good old post about securing items in trunk. The post is in the X Terra forum, here is the link 

Cheers!

Thanks @Mario Cornejo X-terra users will be happy to see this one :) 

1 minute ago, Patrick said:

Ah okay!! Normally I pour the water straight from the bottle 😂 Interesting, is that to wash any sand away from the seal area with pressure?

Yep I’m pretty sure! Wash any sand away + create a seal 

18 minutes ago, Ishak said:

Good discussion @Benjamin

all my gears below

C358EA7E-CB54-4E0F-861A-D00E5E8EBB0E.jpeg.4751a98834949c17f55f3d56f3ca2591.jpeg

I put in two plastic boxes and tied them down. 

7A9EDD8A-DEE0-4A36-8E84-B638CDC5E5E2.jpeg.e9f6704395e15a912fc12136e43e13cf.jpeg

Thanks @Ishak for sharing! Looks nice :) 

do these ropes manage to hold gear in place? Looks like you have it nicely tightened! I found I always had to restrap gear down half way through a drive when I used one strap 😛 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Varun Mehndiratta said:

Missing Fire Extinguisher .. very important 😀

Yes it is important and inside the grey bag with the first aid kit 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Benjamin said:

Thanks @Ishak for sharing! Looks nice :) 

do these ropes manage to hold gear in place? Looks like you have it nicely tightened! I found I always had to restrap gear down half way through a drive when I used one strap 😛 

So far it’s good and I need to have stronger boxes, one of them cracked on the side because I forgot to tied two strap to the compressor box.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Patrick said:

Hi @Ishak just curious what the white bottle in front of the shovels is for? Never seen this equipment. Thanks

Long story @Patrick 😅.

On my first 3 Newbie drives I always have transmission overheated then the convoy stopped for me just to wait my transmission to cools down. One of the driver brought me that bottle and sprayed the transmission oil cooler and I remember he said “as Pajero owner this is a must” since then I call this bottle “Pajero extra transmission cooler” 😎. On the 4th newbie drive,  I brought this cooler with confidence but one of the driver told me to try to drive in Triptonic. I did it and never have overheating issue anymore 😅.

As @Benjamin said, we use it when we have a pop out but I never use it for that yet. So far I use it after the drive to wash my hand when I finish with the tire and the most important is to wash my face because I want to look fresh before saying “it’s a pleasure to drive with you, see you on the next drive soon 🤝😅.

Edited by Ishak
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Post drive fresh-up and facial misting 😁 Where to get this thing? Garden shop?

@ishak Well, we have recovery gear for car. Now this is what I call "personal recovery gear" 👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2